Miami Cruise Parking

Lady Slim

4 minutes ago, Lady Slim said:

Can anyone recommend safe places to park your car in Miami for 8 days?

If you're coming in the day before, there are many motels/hotels all over the country that give free parking and shuttle to the airport if you stay there.  Don't know about the cruise port aspect but taxi?

• Like 1

Discussed frequently on the Florida departures board,  locals are almost unanimous in recommending parking at the port for safety and convenience sake!

Edited by Host Kat
Thread moved to the correct forum.
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, capriccio said:

Discussed frequently on the Florida departures board,  locals are almost unanimous in recommending parking at the port for safety and convenience sake!

Agree ++ you don’t want to worry about your vehicle during the cruise. 

• Like 2

Parking at the Port Of Miami is the safest way to go. Current pricing is twenty two dollars a day. Unfortunately there really aren’t any safe prices to leave your vehicle in the City Of Miami that will save you any money. I have been a member of Cruise Critic since 2002 and have read many posts regarding off site parking in Miami. Posters have complained of damaged vehicles, stolen items, and in one specific incident a homeless male broke into a parked vehicle and was found to be sleeping in it. There are hotels near Miami International Airport where you can leave your vehicle but you pay for it along with having to stay there at least one night. There are plenty of safe, secure off site parking locations in Fort Lauderdale, Cape Canaveral, Jacksonville, and Tampa but unfortunately none in the Miami area. Many Miami based Cruise Critic posters will give you the same advice.

• Like 3

Corby has it right according to this former Miami resident who worked downtown and in the port.  'Problem' if you want to call it that is the same thing you have if sailing out of Manhattan ... it is $$$ to park downtown!!!  When I worked downtown I payed a pretty penny for 'secure' parking. My friends who tried to save a little had vandalism and theft galore ..... that's big city life.  Since I've left I HAVE tried 'cheap' cruise parking in Miami a couple of times and now I either find a way to NOT DRIVE or park at the port.

One option but not worth the hassle IMO: there ARE lower cost safe parking lots out by MIA .... I used them a lot working out of Miami.  Today you could park at one of these take their transport to MIA then UBER to the port ....  

• Like 1

Port Miami make the most sense. Its not so much safety honestly. I've been parking my car in downtown Miami whether in a garage or on the street for almost 15-years now. Have never had an issue. 

But the parking companies in Miami for lack of a better word suck. For the $50-$80 you'll save you will spend time waiting for packed vans, confusions, phone calls, in the sun and then might find yourself in a taxi or Uber eating up any savings to get to your car. 

The port is just so easy. 

Beware that while Global Airport Parking advertises a parking rate of around $10/day near the Port of Miami, that's really not the case. It's more like $13/day. They charge calendar days. Parking for a 7-day cruise (with a charge for 8 days) plus taxes and fees comes to about $90.  It's as if you booked a hotel for one night and were charged for 2, the day in and the day out. Cancellation is available but not free. There is a $5 charge. 

• 1 month later...

I’m kind of late to the discussion here. I wish I had looked this up prior to our 10/31 cruise. 

We used Premier Cruise Parking and our truck was broken into. The company promised to refund our parking fee and pay for the damages, but that was just lies to get us to leave quietly. Now they are ghosting us. If I ever cruise out of Miami again (a big IF), I’ll park at the port. 

BD96ECC5-0567-4112-AC28-50C816D214C1.jpeg

72920ACD-A874-4C49-A900-C26F08BFF9AB.jpeg

• Like 1

The BrightLine trains offer a package which involves parking your car at their (relatively) secure garages in Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach, taking the train to Miami, and taking an included Lyft to the Port.

Seems like to a lot of work to save $50...

9 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

The BrightLine trains offer a package which involves parking your car at their (relatively) secure garages in Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach, taking the train to Miami, and taking an included Lyft to the Port.

But adds a lot of time and extra movement of luggage to your trip on both ends. 

We've parked at park n cruise hotels, port parking and offsite parking (safe cruise parking). The shuttles from the hotels only go to the port, you need a taxi/ Uber/Lyft to return. Uber/Lyft is a hot mess on debarkation days. Safe Cruise Parking was cheaper, but vehicles are out in the weather. Our car had no issues, but they lost the car keys for one couple on our cruise.  I think there were only 2 shuttles going back and forth.  So took time to get there.

POM is more expensive, but you can drop your luggage off with porters, then go park and on return, porters will assist you getting to the parking garage and wait and help load the luggage (extra tipping goes a long way). Then you are on your way before the shuttles leave or your Uber/taxi ride gets back to the hotel.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:59 PM, Cienfuegos said:

I am thinking of using Brightline from Fort Lauderdale station to POM. The cost is $80.00 with parking and Lyft back and forth from the port included. In my case, since I'm Canadian it's about C$112.00 in savings and to me that's big savings.

On 11/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, BlondeBuckeye91 said:

I’m kind of late to the discussion here. I wish I had looked this up prior to our 10/31 cruise. 

We used Premier Cruise Parking and our truck was broken into. The company promised to refund our parking fee and pay for the damages, but that was just lies to get us to leave quietly. Now they are ghosting us. If I ever cruise out of Miami again (a big IF), I’ll park at the port. 

This made the local news.  Lots of cars broken in to.  Its why we always recommend parking at the port in Miami.

https://www.local10.com/news/2019/11/28/vacationers-return-from-cruise-to-find-vehicles-burglarized-in-miami/

On 11/26/2019 at 7:44 PM, BlondeBuckeye91 said:

I had seen it on the news.  Sorry to hear one of your car was one of the ones involved.

That's unfortunately why the majority of us who live in the downtown area say to park at the port.  I know lots of stories of car break ins. 

• Thanks 1

We stayed at the Intercontinental in Doral with their cruise package which included parking for eight days, breakfast, appetizers and a Uber voucher to the port. Return was a breeze from the port. Wearing a colorful top helped the Uber driver find us in a few minutes after we used the app.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2019 at 10:09 PM, clo said:

Cost?

Editing to update to current pricing after I saw a post above mine with a different number.  According to Port of Miami website, it is $22/day.

Edited by dlphn501
misinformation

On 10/12/2019 at 10:50 PM, capriccio said:

Yup! 100%.  And a post above shows why.

Edited by dlphn501
update.

On 10/13/2019 at 1:15 PM, Corby114 said:

There are plenty of safe, secure off site parking locations in Fort Lauderdale, Cape Canaveral, Jacksonville,

I am local to Jacksonville, and I am going to negate that one.  The Jax port is not on the best side of town, and the park and cruise across the street has had "issues".