Cruise Critic Community
Lady Slim

Miami Cruise Parking

4 minutes ago, Lady Slim said:

Can anyone recommend safe places to park your car in Miami for 8 days?

If you're coming in the day before, there are many motels/hotels all over the country that give free parking and shuttle to the airport if you stay there.  Don't know about the cruise port aspect but taxi?

15 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

For a cruise you can park safely right at the Port of Miami.

Cost?

Discussed frequently on the Florida departures board,  locals are almost unanimous in recommending parking at the port for safety and convenience sake!

Edited by Host Kat
Thread moved to the correct forum.

12 hours ago, capriccio said:

Discussed frequently on the Florida departures board,  locals are almost unanimous in recommending parking at the port for safety and convenience sake!

Agree ++ you don’t want to worry about your vehicle during the cruise. 

Parking at the Port Of Miami is the safest way to go. Current pricing is twenty two dollars a day. Unfortunately there really aren’t any safe prices to leave your vehicle in the City Of Miami that will save you any money. I have been a member of Cruise Critic since 2002 and have read many posts regarding off site parking in Miami. Posters have complained of damaged vehicles, stolen items, and in one specific incident a homeless male broke into a parked vehicle and was found to be sleeping in it. There are hotels near Miami International Airport where you can leave your vehicle but you pay for it along with having to stay there at least one night. There are plenty of safe, secure off site parking locations in Fort Lauderdale, Cape Canaveral, Jacksonville, and Tampa but unfortunately none in the Miami area. Many Miami based Cruise Critic posters will give you the same advice.

Corby has it right according to this former Miami resident who worked downtown and in the port.  'Problem' if you want to call it that is the same thing you have if sailing out of Manhattan ... it is $$$ to park downtown!!!  When I worked downtown I payed a pretty penny for 'secure' parking. My friends who tried to save a little had vandalism and theft galore ..... that's big city life.  Since I've left I HAVE tried 'cheap' cruise parking in Miami a couple of times and now I either find a way to NOT DRIVE or park at the port.

One option but not worth the hassle IMO: there ARE lower cost safe parking lots out by MIA .... I used them a lot working out of Miami.  Today you could park at one of these take their transport to MIA then UBER to the port ....  

Port Miami make the most sense. Its not so much safety honestly. I've been parking my car in downtown Miami whether in a garage or on the street for almost 15-years now. Have never had an issue. 

But the parking companies in Miami for lack of a better word suck. For the $50-$80 you'll save you will spend time waiting for packed vans, confusions, phone calls, in the sun and then might find yourself in a taxi or Uber eating up any savings to get to your car. 

The port is just so easy.