Opening Balcony Partitions on Freedom of the Seas

I am looking at staterooms for an upcoming cruise, and cannot find connecting rooms for our family. I was thinking of getting rooms next to each other and opening the balcony partition but I read a comment from someone who said you can only open the partition if you have connecting rooms. Is that accurate? And is it also accurate that you cannot open the partition on aft balconies? 

13 minutes ago, Grenouille21 said:

I am looking at staterooms for an upcoming cruise, and cannot find connecting rooms for our family. I was thinking of getting rooms next to each other and opening the balcony partition but I read a comment from someone who said you can only open the partition if you have connecting rooms. Is that accurate? And is it also accurate that you cannot open the partition on aft balconies? 

Connecting cabins having nothing to do with the ability of  Balcony dividers being opened. Aft balconies have solid partitions between them that do not open 

12 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Balcony partitions on side-facing balconies can be opened on Freedom, pending managment approval.

Thank you.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Connecting cabins having nothing to do with the ability of  Balcony dividers being opened. Aft balconies have solid partitions between them that do not open 

That is what I figured about the connecting cabins, but I had to check since someone did state that when I was looking for answers before posting. Bummer about aft cabins as the extra extra big balcony would be awesome!

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

All you need is a pen to open them just put it the hole and twist very easy have done it many time when we are in a group 

Ive never heard of this before. That means that I could just open the partition to the balcony next to me and enter a stranger's balcony, and, potentially, their room, if their balcony door is open. 

This doesn't sound right to me. 

1 hour ago, dmccadden said:

All you need is a pen to open them just put it the hole and twist very easy have done it many time when we are in a group 

I've also been able to open Freedom Class partitions with just my finger.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/12/2019 at 11:34 PM, Grenouille21 said:

You can open the balcony partitions regardless if you have adjoining cabins.  We have done it many times.  Just let your cabin attendant know, and they will take care of it for you