Arcadia... still good?

simonpjd

Good Morning 

Back in 2009 we had a very good holiday on Arcadia. But gosh how time flies. That is 10 years ago. Next June we are back on the old girl.

so my question is simple. How is Arcadia. I have no doubt she will be spotless and clean, but how has she changed. What new delights await us.

Thank you.

We have just returned from 24 days on Arcadia. Like the OP, we were last on her 10 years ago.

One difference is that there is now an atrium - of sorts. However, unlike other ships, this is not a big space and is certainly not the central point of the ship.

The only other thing is that there seemed to be a lot of (internal) leaks. Almost every day there was a dehumidifier in another place and some areas smelled very musty.

However, we will be back on her again next year without any qualms!

I have been looking at Arcadia too. To read some of the reviews you would think she was due to retire to the scrap yard but I think you have to take reviews with a srong pinch of salt, she's almost 15yrs old but young in comparison to some of ships plying the seas for FO & Marella for example. I was interested to see what replies your post would get and surprised there were so few responses. 

On 10/13/2019 at 10:48 AM, simonpjd said:

Good Morning 

Back in 2009 we had a very good holiday on Arcadia. But gosh how time flies. That is 10 years ago. Next June we are back on the old girl.

so my question is simple. How is Arcadia. I have no doubt she will be spotless and clean, but how has she changed. What new delights await us.

Thank you.

Well I personally wouldn't call it a new delight but she is of course now Adult only and as a result tends to attract more mature, traditional cruisers

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ecuador said:

Considering booking Arcadia and would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has recently been on the ship.

Yes, I disembarked following 24 nights on her Canadian cruise. It was our fourth time on Arcadia - the first being in 2007 and we had an equally enjoyable time on this latest cruise.

I'm busy coordinating my photographs ready for my review and will publish a link to my blog  in due course.

Meanwhile all I can say is I would have no qualms about taking another cruise on her providing the itinerary suits...

1237571412_Arcadia3FeaturedImage.jpg.7384594aec9912fa887f8aecbdf31d6b.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Yes, I disembarked following 24 nights on her Canadian cruise. It was our fourth time on Arcadia - the first being in 2007 and we had an equally enjoyable time on this latest cruise.

I'm busy coordinating my photographs ready for my review and will publish a link to my blog  in due course.

Meanwhile all I can say is I would have no qualms about taking another cruise on her providing the itinerary suits...

1237571412_Arcadia3FeaturedImage.jpg.7384594aec9912fa887f8aecbdf31d6b.jpg

Look forward to reading your blog Richard once published.

• Like 2