Noordam - A Passage to New Zealand

richwmn

Just a couple of quick notes. We are still in Code Red. One of the crew told me that the numbers are way down. Most likely Noordam will keep the Code Red going for a few more days to insure that it stays that way.

The Medals reception and Mariners luncheon are today, earlier than normal but the last few days of the cruise are filled with ports so this is the best time to do it. Congratulations to all the new medal holders!

The entertainer last night was Violinist Chris Waters. Not my cup of tea so no report there. Hope those that attended enjoyed it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Just a couple of quick notes. We are still in Code Red. One of the crew told me that the numbers are way down. Most likely Noordam will keep the Code Red going for a few more days to insure that it stays that way.

The Medals reception and Mariners luncheon are today, earlier than normal but the last few days of the cruise are filled with ports so this is the best time to do it. Congratulations to all the new medal holders!

The entertainer last night was Violinist Chris Waters. Not my cup of tea so no report there. Hope those that attended enjoyed it.

Nice that you were invited to the medallion ceremony (I am assuming, maybe you just heard of it in passing).  I wasn't invited to it on Noordam in July and there were no tiles provided at the luncheon or afterwards.  Hope all that has improved.

1 hour ago, 0bnxshs said:

Nice that you were invited to the medallion ceremony (I am assuming, maybe you just heard of it in passing).  I wasn't invited to it on Noordam in July and there were no tiles provided at the luncheon or afterwards.  Hope all that has improved.

Yes, I was invited both to the one today and another between Honolulu and Sydney. I went to both and received the customary free drink and saw a Cruise Critic member get a 100 day medal. I didn't continue on to the luncheon so I don't know about the tiles. I have a bunch I don't know what to do with already so I haven't checked recently.

• Like 2

Good Morning from Noordam. We are currently on our last day at sea. Starting tomorrow we will have port calls until our final day in Auckland on the 23rd.

We are still under code red. No word this morning about the number of cases.

Here are today's activities.

20191115_080459.jpg

20191115_080519.jpg

• Like 1

Today we are in Milford Sound, Fiordland National Park, New Zealand. This is our first encounter with New Zealand and the area is beautiful. It is a misty, overcast day, a little on the chilly side but nice.

Here are today's onboard activities.

20191116_080820.jpg

20191116_090802.jpg

It has been a very nice day cruising in the Fiordlands National Park. Very pretty area, although it was drizzly and chilly all day. Internet is not really co-operating for lots of pictures, but here are the menus for tonight. I am including Canaletto. I believe I included it early in the cruise but I'm eating there tonight so here it is again.

menu-dinnerCan1.png

menu-dinnerCan2.png

menu-dinnerLido.png

menu-dinner.png

Have really appreciated all your reports and photos.  Our friends don’t have internet on the ship but have managed to keep in touch from some of the ports.  They left from Vancouver and get off in Auckland.  What a trip!

Thanks again for this.  

3 hours ago, erewhon said:

Just watched you leave the harbour. Nice long clear toot. Could even hear announcements being made on ship!

Beautiful sail-out!  Would we be right to guess you weren’t one of the crazy Kiwis that mooned us from the shore!!  😱 😂

Edited by zelker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2