LOOKING FOR NEW SCOOTER

mamaofami

I purchased my first and only scooter about 4 years ago from QVC.  It is called a EV Rider.  It is a low cost scooter that has served all my needs.  My model does not close automatically but collapses in two steps with little effort.  The weight is 67 pounds with battery and about 50 pounds without the battery.  I think I payed about $1300 for it 4 years ago.  EV Rider makes several models to include a new auto folding model that sells for about $ 2300 and weighs about 65 pounds.  Their website has all the info.  You might like to take a look...

• 2 weeks later...

How can you tell from a website which travel scooter would be most appropriate for you?

The problem for me is that it’s very hard to tell the exact angle at which the knee will bend when seated. One model that I tried had my flexed knee above the level of my hip, and no means of adjusting the seat height - a guarantee of severe hip pain in no time!

I’m really struggling with this right now, as I shop for my first travel mobility scooter. All of the dealers where I live only seem to carry the Pride travel scooters in their showrooms or in stock. I’m about to purchase the Pride Go Go LX.

Edited by snowglobe

The best $ I ever spent was to see a physical therapist before I purchased a scooter. I had wasted money on mobility aids until i saw the therapist. I am very tall and one size does not fit all. The therapist gave me a list of requirements and another list of "nice" to have attributes. This helped me tremendously. The stores/dealers can only offer you what they sell. A product that is better for you might be out there but difficult to find. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Just a FYI,  Medicare will pay for a mobility scooter if your Dr. says you have to have one.  I had to go to a couple Dr's. to get the form filled out correctly, but it was worth it.  Dr. visits were a $10.00 co pay and the scooter was $20.00.  Do your homework!

On 10/25/2019 at 6:41 PM, rucruisn2 said:

Just a FYI,  Medicare will pay for a mobility scooter if your Dr. says you have to have one.  I had to go to a couple Dr's. to get the form filled out correctly, but it was worth it.  Dr. visits were a $10.00 co pay and the scooter was $20.00.  Do your homework!

Not all companies will take Medicare. Can you name the company where you got the scooter? Thanks

Your right, not all scooter stores take Medicare. I went to a local medical supply store that worked with Medicare for me.  It was a process because the Doctor had to fill out the form just so.  But we got it done and it was worth is for me.  My scooter only cost me $20.00 for my insurance deductible. I live in Palm Beach County, Fl.  If you are in this area, I can tell you ware to go.