Croatia in a wheelchair

silversurf

• 1 month later...

We were on a cruise visiting Kotor and took a shore excursion: they took my scooter (very small) in the tender, some ships were docked, and the excursion went to Perast first where I could go along the seafront, there was a hotel with an accessible toilet, and have a drink on the seafront, very scenic. We then went to Kotor old town which was very pretty, it was accessible from where the ships dock, and worth the effort. I gather it is very crowded during the day but by going to Perast first our guide got us there around 6 and it was less crowded. Pretty much any attraction was not accessible, churches etc, but many cafes on street level. We have previously been to Split, it was also fairly accessible, though this was a while ago when I was walking without sticks. Dubrovnik is quite special but very crowded, again we did a shore excursion, which was accessible but had a steep street to get down and up to get into the old town. I don’t recommend doing this without a guide if you have limited time because there are many steps if you go the wrong way. Many shops and cafes are accessible and we found a nice restaurant with an accessible loo. Really very pleasant but our shore excursion got there around 8am to avoid the crowds and left at 9.30 for the same reason, I would go back.

• Like 1