Sun Princess in Brisbane 13/10/19 and 17/10/19 after return cruise to Sydney

Sun Princess was at Portside, Brisbane yesterday, on a beautiful sunny Queensland day. Ā It will return on 17/10/19, after a 4 day returnĀ cruise to Sydney. Ā It then heads to Freemantle, WA.

Ā 

Does anyone know why this short return cruise was scheduled between Brisbane and Sydney?

Does it go around the top of Australia to reach Perth or does it go through Adelaide and melbourne?

If it goes over the top through Darwin perhaps it has the four day down to Sydney to pick up passengers wishing to leave from Sydney for the cruise.

2 hours ago, sewgood said:

Does it go around the top of Australia to reach Perth or does it go through Adelaide and melbourne?

If it goes over the top through Darwin perhaps it has the four day down to Sydney to pick up passengers wishing to leave from Sydney for the cruise.

Yes around the top. Ā Could be, but how many passengers have flown to Sydney to join a cruise from Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, etc.?

Ā 

2 hours ago, cruise collector said:

hi!

We are joining sun princess in sydney on15th then heading to brisbane, milne bay, cairns,darwin, broome, geraldton, perth.

Long time between drinks looking forward to this trip!

Bon Voyage. Ā How are getting back to Adelaide?

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes around the top. Ā Could be, but how many passengers have flown to Sydney to join a cruise from Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, etc.?

If Princess thinks they can sell more tickets and therefore have less discounting by going down to Sydney to pick up passengers for the cruise and there is space in White Bay then if possible they would do this.

Money talks.

19 minutes ago, sewgood said:

If Princess thinks they can sell more tickets and therefore have less discounting by going down to Sydney to pick up passengers for the cruise and there is space in White Bay then if possible they would do this.

Money talks.

I wonder how many passenger cruised to Sydney from Brisbane or are doing the return cruise.

17 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I wonder how many passenger cruised to Sydney from Brisbane or are doing the return cruise.

No doubt there would be a few as it would be a nice four day cruise, with a day in Sydney to catch up with friends and family for lunch, maybe a spot of shopping or a trip to the zoo.

I once did a 5 day return to Melbourne from Sydney for some christmas shopping and a bit of sightseeing.

Better than flying.

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

No doubt there would be a few as it would be a nice four day cruise, with a day in Sydney to catch up with friends and family for lunch, maybe a spot of shopping or a trip to the zoo.

I once did a 5 day return to Melbourne from Sydney for some christmas shopping and a bit of sightseeing.

Better than flying.

Might be the start of a trend. Ā I would rather go to Sydney or Melbourne for the day than circle the ocean on a short cruise !

Edited by MMDown Under

Well the Sun Princess is doing a 4 night return to Brisbane via Sydney in November next year.

Inside $512 and balcony $884.

Ā 

Ā On the 24th of January for 4 nights from Brisbane on the Pacific Aria, twin from $614, not many rooms left on this Australia Day cruise.

If you can pick up these cruises for a good price and you didn't live far from the port they would be good short get away for some people.

Ā 

The 4 night ones out of Sydney to Morton Island seem to be popular at the moment.

I was on a cruise that went to Morton Isalnd and there were passengers on board whose families were coming out from Brisbane for the day to catch up with them.

On 10/14/2019 at 12:43 PM, MMDown Under said:

We were on the Brisbane to Sydney sector. There were 600ish passengers embarking in Brisbane. Some were doing the 4 day Bris - Bris and some the Bris - Syd. I must say, after our Hawaiian cruise on Sea Princess recently, Sun Princess's food in comparison was a disappointment.

12 hours ago, By The Bay said:

We were on the Brisbane to Sydney sector. There were 600ish passengers embarking in Brisbane. Some were doing the 4 day Bris - Bris and some the Bris - Syd. I must say, after our Hawaiian cruise on Sea Princess recently, Sun Princess's food in comparison was a disappointment.

That is a shame, as food is usually a highlight on a cruise. Ā Could you see the Coastline? Ā Was there live entertainment?

50 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

That is a shame, as food is usually a highlight on a cruise. Ā Could you see the Coastline? Ā Was there live entertainment?

The coastline was always in sight, close enough to have mobile reception every time I checked.Ā 

The first night was one of the former Young Divas, Emily Williams. Very good.

The second night the Princess Orchestra backed a Violin and Guitar duo in the Vista to a smaller but very enthusiastic crowd. Ā 

In the Princess Theatre there were two comedians performing. We did not see this show.

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We have grabbed some one way cruises and will again next year - Sydney to Brisbane. Cheaper than an airfare, let alone accommodation and meals.

I travel from Sydney to Brisbane & Melb a few times a year for work. If I can work it, maybe I could cruise home instead if flying back! Likely the cruise will be cheaper than the airfare & the company can pay šŸ™‚Ā