Benefits of Booking a Suite?

Pstreet12

9 hours ago, NumnuT said:

just do it - a GS or above

suite lounge,

you also get tender priority, which is awesome with a lot of tendered ports.

reserved seating in theater/shows.

usually a suite only sun deck too?

Craig

Suite sun deck depends on ship love them on voyager and freedom class , was not crazy on deck on oasis , no deck on brilliance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

The biggest perk is that you get to work it into every conversation you have on the boat, that you are in a suite.

Plus it can be mentioned in posts on Cruise Critic too.

6 hours ago, nigel_ht said:

Heh, be careful booking Singapore departures on the Quantum...it still uses the Chinese suite packages.  I'm not even sure you get the extra point per night for having a suite.

Quick Update:  The executive office called me and told me that the Quantum departing out of Singapore is part of the Royal Suite experiences.  The computer systems don't know this but it does make sense.

19 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I would say more than "slightly larger". Depends on the ship but ROUGHLY, 

a JS is 50% bigger than a regular balcony, 

a GS is 100% bigger than a regular balcony, 

a OS is almost 200% bigger than a regular balcony

mac_tlc 

I'm glad you pointed that out. OP kept using the word slightly. Also OP there is a significant price difference between grand suites on non-oasis/quantum class ships then  grande suite on Oasis / Quantum class.

Edited by Tulsacoker

Our very first cruise with RCI was in a GS...our next cruise we chose a JS.

Few days before the cruise we got a FREE upgrade back to a GS.. (we didn't ask, and were not informed. Discovered the change when I went to print my Cruise Docs)

We have stayed in a GS ever since.

I told this to a Hotel Director on  one of our cruises...he smiled and said those "Marketing people sure know what they're doing"

We like a GS, as previously stated, simply for the roominess, closet space, etc. More like a hotel room than a cabin.

Don't care so much for the perks, hardly ever use the Concierge lounge. The reserved seating can be nice and we take advantage of that. Bridge tours, sometimes.

The double points were also nice, probably how we became Diamond + so quickly.

But again, it is because of the space

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

John & LaLa,

Is your A1 Star Class because on the Cruises Only web site it is showing Sky Class for all the Oasis class ships.  When we were in the A1 it was Star Class.

Definitely STAR, not sure what you're looking at

On 10/13/2019 at 5:06 PM, Pstreet12 said:

Other than a, slightly, larger cabin, are there any benefits to booking a suite on a non-Oasis class or non-Anthem class ship?

While you get benefits a listed in other posts, we were in an owners suite on the Adventure of the seas and very disappointed.  We love the suite lounges on the Oasis class ship, but on the adventure, it was a makeshift lounge with a portable bar.  Not the usual snacks and drinks as on the other ships.  No true suite deck, a few chairs in direct sun by the regular pool.  We like the hot tub, suite cabanas and bar on the Oasis class ships- 

Missed a true suite restaurant also.  On a positive note the suite was a good size with plently of storage, and we like no reservations and priority entrance to shows.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

While you get benefits a listed in other posts, we were in an owners suite on the Adventure of the seas and very disappointed.  We love the suite lounges on the Oasis class ship, but on the adventure, it was a makeshift lounge with a portable bar.  Not the usual snacks and drinks as on the other ships.  No true suite deck, a few chairs in direct sun by the regular pool.  We like the hot tub, suite cabanas and bar on the Oasis class ships- 

Missed a true suite restaurant also.  On a positive note the suite was a good size with plently of storage, and we like no reservations and priority entrance to shows.

When was your cruise on Adventure?  Reason I ask is that she has a large Suite Lounge now.  No permanent bar, but hot/cold snacks and drinks are the same as on Oasis and Allure.

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The Oasis class CK/SL is extremely unique. No other Royal ships have that experience. Probably why the OP excluded them

That being said, as Bob mentioned the snacks in the Adventure SL are pretty much the same as an Oasis ship