Drinks at Sushi On 5

Cruisin4ABruisen

We asked a few times and were told no.  The host / manager said that they are restaurant and not a bar.  

We did notice that the BTs at the WCB make the drinks for that area.  😉

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5 minutes ago, penguinchick24 said:

Thank you so much for asking us. I had the same exact question. I am honestly really surprised that they won’t let you in just for drinks. What a shame.

There is no minimum order cover that I know of. Go in, order drinks and some edamame to nibble on. Unless you sit there and drink several cocktails without ordering anything else, I doubt they would demand you leave.  I would simply order an appetizer each round. Problem solved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sushi on 5's Spicy MangoTini is my all time favorite martini onboard the S class ships, and I've been able to order them "to go" many times pre dinner/pre show from the host. If the spillover Cafe al Bacio tables in front of Sushi on 5 are free, you could sit and enjoy your drinks there. As miched hinted, you could also sit at WCB after Sushi on 5 took your order ...

We have never gone there for just a drink, but if we wanted to, I agree with ordering something inexpensive to munch on. We love the Asian Pear Smash. The Chicken Ginger Gyoza or the Shrimp Tempura Roll (neither have raw ingredients, if that is an issue) would pair nicely with one of those. 🙂

image.png.c4ec33000c199fa28e27de977dd070d3.png

image.thumb.png.4459cbc14ce529ab8cccf7f8124d13ba.png

image.thumb.png.f2752ddc5e34bc0b70f8c60e078f221e.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

Thanks for the comments everyone! I think the best idea might be to stop in for some snacks, and grab a few cocktails while we enjoy the venue 🙂

Another vote for the Shrimp Tempura Roll and a few cocktails.  Have fun.

23 minutes ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

It is a really chill venue. For whatever reason, it's always near empty.

We go on the Flower Power charter every year on an M Class ship (Connie, Summit and Infinity so far) and now are in the habit of eating lunch in Sushi on 5 almost every day.  At the beginning of the cruise, it is fairly empty, but as people go by and see the lovely food and drink, they start to drop in and try it. We get the best service we have ever received on a ship in that restaurant, since I think we must be their best customers for that week. They greet us by name, give us the same window table and ask if we want our Asian Pear Smashes as soon as we arrive. The performers eat in there sometimes - on one cruise we sat at the table next to Micky Dolenz of the Monkees almost every day - I guess he liked Sushi on 5  too. 🙂

• Like 2

On 10/14/2019 at 9:06 PM, vtcruising said:

The performers eat in there sometimes - on one cruise we sat at the table next to Micky Dolenz of the Monkees almost every day - I guess he liked Sushi on 5  too. 🙂

Wow!  That's so cool!

We didn't make it into Sushi on 5 on Equinox, but sat in the WCB a lot and noticed the bartenders making the drinks and they looked intriguing.  Going there for a few nibbles and some of those cocktails is on my to do list for my upcoming Summit cruise.

• Like 1

About 3 years ago on the Reflection I really liked the sound of the Spicy Mangotini. We asked if we could just sit down for a cocktail (it wasn't very busy) and they were more than happy to oblige and even brought us some complimentary chicken dumplings to enjoy. They encouraged us to come up to the counter and watch the chef creating some of the sushi dishes. At no point did we feel pressured to order any food. (we had the Premium drinks package and the martini was covered by that.) 

20 minutes ago, alli.j said:

About 3 years ago on the Reflection I really liked the sound of the Spicy Mangotini. We asked if we could just sit down for a cocktail (it wasn't very busy) and they were more than happy to oblige and even brought us some complimentary chicken dumplings to enjoy. They encouraged us to come up to the counter and watch the chef creating some of the sushi dishes. At no point did we feel pressured to order any food. (we had the Premium drinks package and the martini was covered by that.) 

Nice! How was the Mangotini? I haven't tried that one.

31 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Nice! How was the Mangotini? I haven't tried that one.

It was very good indeed. The spicy part was fresh red chilli flakes sprinkled on the top which certainly gave it a kick! 

• Like 1