Drinks at Sushi On 5

Cruisin4ABruisen

8 minutes ago, alli.j said:

It was very good indeed. The spicy part was fresh red chilli flakes sprinkled on the top which certainly gave it a kick! 

I'm careful after I ordered the Steakhouse Margarita at the Rooftop Grill on the Edge and gagged on the first sip. The steakhouse part was A1 Steak Sauce - yuck! The waiter giggled and and said "I wondered if you would like that" and replaced it with a much better margarita. I had him for a waiter in another restaurant later in the cruise and we had another good laugh about the Steakhouse Margarita. 🙂

I've gone in and just gotten drinks but usually we order an appetizer or two so we have something to munch on while we enjoy our drinks (edamame or wontons usually).  Some of the cocktails are quite good. The spicy mangotini, the pear smash and agave sunrise are our go to drinks  We love sushi and eat it at least once a week, but honestly the sushi in SO5 isnt great and on a couple of occasions it's been terrible. Which is why we just do appy's and drinks now (the lobster ramen is good too).

BTW, If the bartender at the World Class likes you (as in you've tipped him and you're a regular there) it's possible he/she will make you the drinks there.  I have about a 50/50 success rate getting the SO5 drinks at the world class bar.

Edited by TFLG

On 10/14/2019 at 5:10 AM, vtcruising said:

We have never gone there for just a drink, but if we wanted to, I agree with ordering something inexpensive to munch on. We love the Asian Pear Smash. The Chicken Ginger Gyoza or the Shrimp Tempura Roll (neither have raw ingredients, if that is an issue) would pair nicely with one of those. 🙂

image.png.c4ec33000c199fa28e27de977dd070d3.png

image.thumb.png.4459cbc14ce529ab8cccf7f8124d13ba.png

image.thumb.png.f2752ddc5e34bc0b70f8c60e078f221e.png

What ship is this on? We will be on the Equinox and in my cruise planner there are no wontons on the menu? I want a Spicy Mango Tini but will only get my husband in there if they have wontons. Crossing fingers now.....

BonVoyage

Dawna

6 minutes ago, CruisinDawn said:

What ship is this on? We will be on the Equinox and in my cruise planner there are no wontons on the menu? I want a Spicy Mango Tini but will only get my husband in there if they have wontons. Crossing fingers now.....

BonVoyage

Dawna

This was on Infinity.