Shock...horror

16 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

Is she letting you go solo?

Unfortunately she wants to come too, doesn’t seem Fair, it is a few days before her birthday so I can probably claim it as a birthday present if I play me cards right.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Unfortunately she wants to come too, doesn’t seem Fair, it is a few days before her birthday so I can probably claim it as a birthday present if I play me cards right.

My husband was 70 last Friday so I organised a night at a hotel at Portsea on the Mornington Peninsula, a nice dinner and then lunch with family and friends the next day. With all the organising I completely forgot to buy a present. I figure since I organised and paid for hotel, dinner, breakfast and lunch he doesn’t need a present. 😀

4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

My husband was 70 last Friday so I organised a night at a hotel at Portsea on the Mornington Peninsula, a nice dinner and then lunch with family and friends the next day. With all the organising I completely forgot to buy a present. I figure since I organised and paid for hotel, dinner, breakfast and lunch he doesn’t need a present. 😀

Yep. Agreed.

Just now, Chiliburn said:

Wait till December 

Good price and massive OBC

Can’t do the December one already booked on Majestic Princess his year, Serenade of  the Seas next.

Waiting on a quote or this one, but it looks a tad expensive.

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Can’t do the December one already booked on Majestic Princess his year, Serenade of  the Seas next.

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Wait until December to book.

we got $1400 OBC for our cruise on voyager  in 6 weeks time.

$800 for one in February on Ovation 

Booked it last December 

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Booked it last December 

Ahh thanks, doubt I’ll get that for two nights, they were tossing in a bit of OBC, but the price took my breath away.

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Booked it last December 

Wow that is a lot of onboard credit, how long are the cruises and what cabin did you book to get this kind of deal.  The biggest OBC we have had is when we did Queen Mary 2 for 16 nights and got $750 I thought that was good, but been unable to do the same again.

47 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

Wow that is a lot of onboard credit, how long are the cruises and what cabin did you book to get this kind of deal.  The biggest OBC we have had is when we did Queen Mary 2 for 16 nights and got $750 I thought that was good, but been unable to do the same again.

47 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

9 nights,a grand suite on voyager $1400 OBC .Paid $5600 for 2 ,last December.

7 nights on Ovation junior suite $800 OBC. Paid about the same.

We will have trouble spending it but will try our best.

Useally half way though November to the end of December , I find a good time.But it’s not a concrete rule.

That is a good whack of OBC, WHICH CRUISE LINE?  We have 625 pounds on Arcadia next March, that is around $1200 odd dollars, we will spend it, believe me.  30 day cruise, so 30 bottles of wine @ 20 quid a bottle, there she goes, lubbly jubbly.

17 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Mrs Gut just gave me permission to price a two night get away.

2 nights? Not worth getting to Sydney or packing a bag mate. Make it longeroo.  Tell Mrs Gut to take a couple of weeks leave.

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

2 nights? Not worth getting to Sydney or packing a bag mate. Make it longeroo.  Tell Mrs Gut to take a couple of weeks leave.

We are rationing her leave for longer cruises.