Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
GUT2407

Shock...horror

Recommended Posts

Mrs Gut just gave me permission to price a two night get away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GUT2407 said:

Mrs Gut just gave me permission to price a two night get away.

She must be getting romantic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

Is she letting you go solo?

Unfortunately she wants to come too, doesn’t seem Fair, it is a few days before her birthday so I can probably claim it as a birthday present if I play me cards right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Which cruise are you looking at?

It’s Ovation next October, darn low deposits get me in every time.

Edited by GUT2407

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Unfortunately she wants to come too, doesn’t seem Fair, it is a few days before her birthday so I can probably claim it as a birthday present if I play me cards right.

My husband was 70 last Friday so I organised a night at a hotel at Portsea on the Mornington Peninsula, a nice dinner and then lunch with family and friends the next day. With all the organising I completely forgot to buy a present. I figure since I organised and paid for hotel, dinner, breakfast and lunch he doesn’t need a present. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, possum52 said:

My husband was 70 last Friday so I organised a night at a hotel at Portsea on the Mornington Peninsula, a nice dinner and then lunch with family and friends the next day. With all the organising I completely forgot to buy a present. I figure since I organised and paid for hotel, dinner, breakfast and lunch he doesn’t need a present. 😀

Yep. Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

It’s Ovation next October, darn low deposits get me in every time.

Wait till December 

Good price and massive OBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chiliburn said:

Wait till December 

Good price and massive OBC

Can’t do the December one already booked on Majestic Princess his year, Serenade of  the Seas next.

 

Waiting on a quote or this one, but it looks a tad expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Can’t do the December one already booked on Majestic Princess his year, Serenade of  the Seas next.

 

Waiting on a quote or this one, but it looks a tad expensive.

 

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Can’t do the December one already booked on Majestic Princess his year, Serenade of  the Seas next.

 

Waiting on a quote or this one, but it looks a tad expensive.

Wait until December to book.

we got $1400 OBC for our cruise on voyager  in 6 weeks time.

$800 for one in February on Ovation 

Booked it last December 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

 

Wait until December to book.

we got $1400 OBC for our cruise on voyager  in 6 weeks time.

$800 for one in February on Ovation 

Booked it last December 

Ahh thanks, doubt I’ll get that for two nights, they were tossing in a bit of OBC, but the price took my breath away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Mrs Gut just gave me permission to price a two night get away.

It's a trap, beware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

 

Wait until December to book.

we got $1400 OBC for our cruise on voyager  in 6 weeks time.

$800 for one in February on Ovation 

Booked it last December 

Wow that is a lot of onboard credit, how long are the cruises and what cabin did you book to get this kind of deal.  The biggest OBC we have had is when we did Queen Mary 2 for 16 nights and got $750 I thought that was good, but been unable to do the same again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

Wow that is a lot of onboard credit, how long are the cruises and what cabin did you book to get this kind of deal.  The biggest OBC we have had is when we did Queen Mary 2 for 16 nights and got $750 I thought that was good, but been unable to do the same again.

 

47 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

Wow that is a lot of onboard credit, how long are the cruises and what cabin did you book to get this kind of deal.  The biggest OBC we have had is when we did Queen Mary 2 for 16 nights and got $750 I thought that was good, but been unable to do the same again.

9 nights,a grand suite on voyager $1400 OBC .Paid $5600 for 2 ,last December.

7 nights on Ovation junior suite $800 OBC. Paid about the same.
 

We will have trouble spending it but will try our best.
 

Useally half way though November to the end of December , I find a good time.But it’s not a concrete rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a good whack of OBC, WHICH CRUISE LINE?  We have 625 pounds on Arcadia next March, that is around $1200 odd dollars, we will spend it, believe me.  30 day cruise, so 30 bottles of wine @ 20 quid a bottle, there she goes, lubbly jubbly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Mrs Gut just gave me permission to price a two night get away.

2 nights? Not worth getting to Sydney or packing a bag mate. Make it longeroo.  Tell Mrs Gut to take a couple of weeks leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

A breakdown of the OBC for our cruise starting 31 October

 

OBC.png.a9497cddf65125683962c10f2adadccc.png

 

 

 

nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

2 nights? Not worth getting to Sydney or packing a bag mate. Make it longeroo.  Tell Mrs Gut to take a couple of weeks leave.

We are rationing her leave for longer cruises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive had some pretty handy whacks of OBC, bugger all for the next few cruises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

It's good to be an Elf sometimes

Certainly is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

We are rationing her leave for longer cruises.

Only two days off, that's harsh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...