Shock...horror

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

No itā€™d mean no days off. Even better. But the price is crazy so unless it drops a LOTĀ it wonā€™t happen.Ā 

Oh dear, I thought it was all booked up.Ā  Never mind, when Mrs Gut retires you can both do the 104 day Worldie on ye olde Sea Princess.Ā  Might need a 'Go Fund Me Page' on Face Ache though to come up with the 100K.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree. $1,500 is over the top. It doesn't matter if you have the money, but whether you want to spend that much for two nights. We wouldn't.

Nope we wonā€™t pay that much might go to a grand but for two nights thatā€™d stop us.

37 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear, I thought it was all booked up.Ā  Never mind, when Mrs Gut retires you can both do the 104 day Worldie on ye olde Sea Princess.Ā  Might need a 'Go Fund Me Page' on Face Ache though to come up with the 100K.

Funny I just got an email about the 2021 version.

24 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Nope we wonā€™t pay that much might go to a grand but for two nights thatā€™d stop us.

We were pleased last year to get an email from Princess with the offer of a three-night cruise in a balcony cabin for $399 each. We jumped at it. I rang a TA we have booked through before so she'd get a bit of commission. Apparently the offer was targeted at a limited number of people because the TA said she couldn't get the cabin at $399, but with our email she could book it for us.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We were pleased last year to get an email from Princess with the offer of a three-night cruise in a balcony cabin for $399 each. We jumped at it. I rang a TA we have booked through before so she'd get a bit of commission. Apparently the offer was targeted at a limited number of people because the TA said she couldn't get the cabin at $399, but with our email she could book it for us.

Yes you can be lucky, a big Qld TA got us a mini suite on Majestic Princess, Syd-Singapore in Feb, 19 nights for $200 pp per night = $3800 for the cruise, pretty good.Ā  I booked it a year ago.Ā  Now with the ship almost full, a mini is $7000, crazy.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes you can be lucky, a big Qld TA got us a mini suite on Majestic Princess, Syd-Singapore in Feb, 19 nights for $200 pp per night = $3800 for the cruise, pretty good.Ā  I booked it a year ago.Ā  Now with the ship almost full, a mini is $7000, crazy.

When good prices come up you have to jump on it quickly before the price goes up again. A mini suite for $200 pn is good value. Enjoy it. šŸ™‚ Are you going to spend any time in Singapore?

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

When good prices come up you have to jump on it quickly before the price goes up again. A mini suite for $200 pn is good value. Enjoy it. šŸ™‚ Are you going to spend any time in Singapore?

Indeed we are, 12 nights at Ascott apartments in Raffles Place after Majestic.Ā  Then along comes Arcadia on her Worldie, we are on her then for 30 days to Southampton, then B2B on Arcadia a Canary Islands/Iberia cruise, then couple of weeks driving in UK, as per my signature. Away 3 months.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

yep, I would like that page, just to get him elsewhere..

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

They want near on $1500 for the two nights for an accessible balcony Iā€™m only paying a fraction (about $100)Ā more than that for five nights next December

Ā 

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree. $1,500 is over the top. It doesn't matter if you have the money, but whether you want to spend that much for two nights. We wouldn't.

Definitely too much, go to Sydney and get the ferry, much cheaper.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

yep, I would like that page, just to get him elsewhere..

Indeed, Mr Gut knows every wave to Tasweiga.Ā  At least he is out and about, but needsĀ  newĀ  horizons to 'Come Back New.'

Edited by NSWP

34 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Definitely need to jump on the bargains with in hours or they get snavelled by others.

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Indeed, Mr Gut knows every wave to Tasweiga.Ā  At least he is out and about, but needsĀ  newĀ  horizons to 'Come Back New.'

No, actually got a few things booked.

Ā 

Tas in Dec

NZ in Jan

Nowhere in April (or is it March, itā€™s over Easter but lost track of where it falls next year)

Tas in Dec

Circumnavigation of Aus NZ Feb/Mar 2021

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

How about a cruise to Newie?

I have never cruised into Newie, never really wanted to, as Iā€™d probably end up at work, but the Circumnavigation does, indeed was booked for January on Solstice which was coming here, changed to NZ b3cause I saved a couple of hundred and a week of her LSL.

Slightly off topic but got me new wheelchair this week which should make booking easier, while I will still try for an accessible cabin if I canā€™t getĀ one it will go through narrower doorways. And if it is speed limited to 6km you can bite my big fat hairy ....

Ā 

Ā 

1951F6FE-695A-4971-B6EF-B8E1FC8CE3A2.jpeg

325DE4C5-FCBB-4ABF-A7FA-3F72A9D41D99.jpeg

18 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ā 

Wait until December to book.

we got $1400 OBC for our cruise on voyager Ā in 6 weeks time.

$800 for one in February on OvationĀ 

Booked it last DecemberĀ 

we got about the same OBC $1,000 USD = AUD $1,450 for Voyager in March 2020

Ā 

šŸ˜Ž

13 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Slightly off topic but got me new wheelchair this week which should make booking easier, while I will still try for an accessible cabin if I canā€™t getĀ one it will go through narrower doorways. And if it is speed limited to 6km you can bite my big fat hairy ....

Ā 

Ā 

Nice one, I reckon you could get a real speed up coming down the markets at the Rocks.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Will Graham's Red carpet handle the weight?Ā  Don't do doughnuts in that infernal machine on the red carpet.