Thanksgiving sailing question

Ocdublin

No Thanksgiving dinner is s served in all restaurants including Blu.  However, I would recommend having thanksgiving dinner at noon in the buffet room where they carve the turkey right in front of you.  They bring turkey and all the side dishes fresh out of the kitchen and you can choose what you want.  On a recent thanksgiving cruise the chef in the buffet carved 68 turkeys:)

10 hours ago, candoez said:

No Thanksgiving dinner is s served in all restaurants including Blu.  However, I would recommend having thanksgiving dinner at noon in the buffet room where they carve the turkey right in front of you.  They bring turkey and all the side dishes fresh out of the kitchen and you can choose what you want.  On a recent thanksgiving cruise the chef in the buffet carved 68 turkeys:)

Thank you that is what I was hoping for! 🦃

On Reflection last year we enjoyed a Thanksgiving buffet at lunch.   I did look at that evening's MDR menu and felt the buffet offered a better variety of Thanksgiving foods.  I can't recall if the same was served at lunch.  Some of the items were "ok" (but really, does anyone's mashed potatoes taste like your own grandmothers?) but the turkey was actually very, very good.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:31 AM, Ocdublin said:

Is Thanksgiving dinner only served in the main dinning room?

We have done four Thanksgiving sailings on three different cruise lines. 

The best advice I can give you is DON'T have the traditional Thanksgiving dinner onboard.  It's near impossible to make a good turkey dinner for 2,000 people.  We did the dinner on our first sailing and it was akin to eating Thanksgiving dinner at an all you can eat buffet.  Decent turkey, very dry, needed a lot of gravy to make it decent, really soft mushy potatoes and uninspiring vegetables.  It just wasn't a good meal and I felt like I should have just ordered something else.  Again, very difficult to make a good Thanksgiving dinner for 2000 people.

After that first sail, we now book a specialty dinner for Thanksgiving night. The meal is much better and if I feel like it when I get home, I make a small Turkey and all the trimmings myself.  

• Like 1