Happy Thanksgiving Canada !

Orangefan

1 hour ago, DarrenM said:

Happy Thanksgiving.

Now for the uninititated what is Thanksgiving day?

The closest UK parallel would be Harvest Festival.  Thanksgiving has its history in the early settlers of America and it is a much bigger deal in the U.S. than here in Canada.  In the U.S. the holiday is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November while in Canada it's on the second Monday in October. 

Edited by K32682

9 hours ago, Orangefan said:

To all our Canadian friends ,

Happy Thanksgiving  !

Sali

Happy Thanksgiving

A note to Orangefan:I am a huge Boeheim fan.My friend the late Steve Rubell played Tennis for Syracuse and Vaughn Harper played basketball.

My cousins son was team Manager for the Basketball team.I have been a fan of Syracuse basketball since Boeheim and Bing.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Thanksgiving

A note to Orangefan:I am a huge Boeheim fan.My friend the late Steve Rubell played Tennis for Syracuse and Vaughn Harper played basketball.

My cousins son was team Manager for the Basketball team.I have been a fan of Syracuse basketball since Boeheim and Bing.

Hi Lenny,

I am a big Boeheim fan also. All those years when the big schools were getting 5 star recruits, Jim found diamonds in the rough.   Rosie Bouie, Louis Orr, Danny Schayes, Rony Seikaly,  CarmeloAnthony and others made it a very exciting  games to watch.

This year they  don't have seniors and mostly freshman.

The SU women are quite a team also. The SU family has been very supportive of one of their players, Tiana  Mangakahia from Australia. She is not playing basketball this year because  they found that she had breast cancer. She still is in Syracuse and  just finished a series of chemotherapy.

Jim and Julie Boeheim  are thought of way beyond basketball. They support so many charities and causes. It is not in name only, they go to the events and sponsor lots of their own fundraising. When Jim survived  prostate cancer and the treatments,  he  was active in setting up Coaches vs  Cancer and raised millions of dollars. 

So am I a fan of the Boeheims ? Absolutely !

I hope you enjoy the  SU men's and women's  games. They are  young and I'm not sure what the season will be like but   they have my support.

Sali

1 hour ago, Orangefan said:

Hi Lenny,

I am a big Boeheim fan also. All those years when the big schools were getting 5 star recruits, Jim found diamonds in the rough.   Rosie Bouie, Louis Orr, Danny Schayes, Rony Seikaly,  CarmeloAnthony and others made it a very exciting  games to watch.

This year they  don't have seniors and mostly freshman.

The SU women are quite a team also. The SU family has been very supportive of one of their players, Tiana  Mangakahia from Australia. She is not playing basketball this year because  they found that she had breast cancer. She still is in Syracuse and  just finished a series of chemotherapy.

Jim and Julie Boeheim  are thought of way beyond basketball. They support so many charities and causes. It is not in name only, they go to the events and sponsor lots of their own fundraising. When Jim survived  prostate cancer and the treatments,  he  was active in setting up Coaches vs  Cancer and raised millions of dollars. 

So am I a fan of the Boeheims ? Absolutely !

I hope you enjoy the  SU men's and women's  games. They are  young and I'm not sure what the season will be like but   they have my support.

Sali

When my cousins son was team Manager,Craig Forth was his roommate.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians!  Some years ago we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner in Banff.  I can no longer remember the meat but it was somewhat exotic for me at the time.

7 minutes ago, clo said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians!  Some years ago we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner in Banff.  I can no longer remember the meat but it was somewhat exotic for me at the time.

I had beefalo when I was there. It was very tasty !

Sali