Air Hawk Wheelchair

SandyMc

Has anyone cruised with an Air Hawk Wheelchair?  After trying different scooters I am anxious to try a powered wheelchair.  My scooters are too heavy for me to fold and travel with and I have found the Air Hawk which I hope is light enough for me to handle.  I love the idea of a chair that I can just pull up to a table rather than having to park my scooter and walk.  Also love the idea of a better turning radius and easier steering.  Would love to hear others comment on their Air Hawks!

I just got the Ranger XL which is the bigger person’s version of the Airhawk. I like it, although I’m still in a learning curve because joysticking is very different from driving a scooter. 

it is nice to be able to pull up to a table and fit in one chair’s space. The scooter was tricky on our last cruise (Carnival Magic) often due to its size and bulky. We had a fully accessible suite and had plenty of room with two scooters, a wheelchair and a walker. On our next cruise we are doing a fully accessible balcony and just bringing my chair, his scooter and maybe his walker. 

I think you’ll like the Airhawk but give it a good month before you cruise with it.