Do you print out and pack your Confirmation of Benefits and Explanation of Benefits?

SempreMare

Keep online - Or - print out and pack your Confirmation of Benefits and Explanation of Benefits?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you print out and pack your Confirmation of Benefits and/or Explanation of Benefits, or simply keep your trip insurance documents on your phone or in the Cloud?

• I print out and pack my trip insurance documents like the Confirmation of Benefits and/or Explanation of Benefits.
    • I keep my trip insurance documents on my phone or in the Cloud. ( Examples of cloud storage locations include: iCloud, Google Drive, DropBox, Evernote, Amazon Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc. )

I keep a PDF on my phone.  It does not take up any space, and I don't need to worry about an internet connection. 

I also always carry a list of key phone numbers (credit cards, insurance etc).  One is in my wallet and the other copy in my suitcase.  The numbers are also in my phone, but I started doing this long before smartphones.  I have only used it once, but I was glad I had it.

• Like 2

First, we keep ALL of it online/in the cloud.  (We take laptops with us, but the cloud version is in case our laptops are lost/stolen - which could happen in a "bad event" - or we are just out and around without them.  We do NOT take them on excursions.)

We also print out some of the more important details, so we have hard copies of the Plan summary, contact information, etc.

This is part of a "trip packet" that includes cruise details/confirmation of payment and suite number, etc., and also hotels and air travel details.

... and cloud & paper copies of the cover pages of our Passports, copy of drivers licenses, and cloud-only copies of fronts/backs of charge cards, and also contact info for our regular home/auto insurance.

"Worst case", we'd be able to access the cloud on some other computer.

And all of that info is backed up in a couple of places that are accessible online.  This is all part of our regular "backup" procedures (say, in case of house fire, or other catastrophe).

The one time I had a question about our travel insurance *while* we were traveling, I emailed Steve (owner of TripInsuranceStore.com), and he got the answer for us within hours.  [It involved a question about what I thought at the time was an unusual situation, so "would it be covered", etc.  Turns out it was indeed covered, much better than we expected, and... it was certainly NOT "an unusual situation", except to us, at that point 🙂 ]

So having a copy of the whole policy on my laptop, because it was sent as a pdf in the first place, wasn't sufficient at the time, anyway!

GC

• Like 2