Do we need jumpers for white night

tring

Just finished the packing to head off tomorrow.  We will be on Pursuit for a week from Saturday, with an itinerary that goes along the French/Italian coast to Civitavecchia and wondering if we will need warm clothes for white night, which I understand is held on deck, often when late in port.  The late nights are in Monte Carlo, followed immediately with two nights in Livorno (the first of which is the Azamazing evening).

We do have white/pale beige jumpers, but do not want to increase our luggage if they are not needed.  Otherwise we both have white, short sleeved T shirts/polo shirt for DH so will not be too skimpily dressed.  I always think it best to have something a bit warmer for evenings in the Med during the Autumn. 

We have found at this time of the year we needed a warmer top later in the evening.  To be honest most folks just put on a non white jacket at that stage if they felt the chill

Great, thanks a lot for those replies.  Want to keep the luggage down as much as possible, since we are heading to Barcelona for Thursday and Friday nights and we may end up having to walk all or part way to the cruise terminal if roads are blocked by demonstrations.

Friday looks like a big day with demonstrations and a general strike planned, but at least we can hole up in the  hotel that day, if need be.  Will hopefully be ok the next day when we embark.

All ready to set off for an airport hotel tomorrow, so thanks again for all the advice I have received on all things Azamara. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tring said:

Great, thanks a lot for those replies.  Want to keep the luggage down as much as possible, since we are heading to Barcelona for Thursday and Friday nights and we may end up having to walk all or part way to the cruise terminal if roads are blocked by demonstrations.

Friday looks like a big day with demonstrations and a general strike planned, but at least we can hole up in the  hotel that day, if need be.  Will hopefully be ok the next day when we embark.

All ready to set off for an airport hotel tomorrow, so thanks again for all the advice I have received on all things Azamara. 

I hope you have a great cruise.  I have a friend on Pursuit at the moment and she is loving it.

Phil

2 hours ago, tv24 said:

Wear the white bath robes provided in your stateroom!  Why not?

It has certainly been done.

From the beginning I have been a bit puzzled by someone wishing to wear a “jumper”, white or otherwise, to White Night.

I have finally realized that the word may well have a different meaning in the UK than in North America. 

4 hours ago, nordski said:

It has certainly been done.

From the beginning I have been a bit puzzled by someone wishing to wear a “jumper”, white or otherwise, to White Night.

I have finally realized that the word may well have a different meaning in the UK than in North America. 

A jumper you may call a pullover.

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

A jumper you may call a pullover.

Thanks for confirming what I had finally concluded.

I had wondered why anyone would bring a white pinafore, which is what I pictured, to fend off the potential chilly weather.

12 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've seen this done quite a few times. The people that do it I think feel they've discovered a unique new joke for White Night.  My own personal opinion is it makes them look ridiculous. 

Phil 

"Ridiculous" seems a bit harsh. After all, people wear bathrobes to the pool deck and spa during the day and no one complains. 

If there's any complaint I have about bathrobes it is that they're so luxurious they take up too much precious hanging space in the closet. Where can I store them?

1 minute ago, uktog said:

Back of the bathroom door thats where we always move them to

The bathroom door is where we hang our used towels after showering...and the bathrooms, as noted by others, are quite small already.  I've thought of asking the steward to remove them but there may come the time we need to use them. As I write this I wonder if we offer the thinner 'waffle weave' cotton bathrobes onboard?  (Such a first-world problem I know!)

Oh no, please not thinner robes, I would absolutely hate that, the thicker robes as something that sets Azamara apart from the less premium brands.  We have no issue using the door hook - the used towels we are reusing we put on the rail, the ones we are not we fold and leave on the floor as the attendants asked us to so.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, uktog said:

Oh no, please not thinner robes, I would absolutely hate that, the thicker robes as something that sets Azamara apart from the less premium brands.  We have no issue using the door hook - the used towels we are reusing we put on the rail, the ones we are not we fold and leave on the floor as the attendants asked us to so.

I wouldn't suggest replacing the fluffy ones; only offering an option for a thinner cotton robe. I estimate the fluffies take up at least 5" of hanging space, maybe more.

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

"Ridiculous" seems a bit harsh. After all, people wear bathrobes to the pool deck and spa during the day and no one complains. 

If there's any complaint I have about bathrobes it is that they're so luxurious they take up too much precious hanging space in the closet. Where can I store them?

Honestly Bonnie, I really dislike that too. They should be worn in cabin or at the spa. Not in public on the pool deck or around the ship. As for storage, I never hang them in the closet. There's a hook in the cabins that works fine. 

Ok. Perhaps I'm just snobby, but those that wear robes on White Night should hang a sign round their neck saying "Look at me. Aren't I clever?". Lol 

Phil 

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

I wouldn't suggest replacing the fluffy ones; only offering an option for a thinner cotton robe. I estimate the fluffies take up at least 5" of hanging space, maybe more.

I had hoped on our warm weather cruise that the robes were waffle which are far more comfortable to sit on the balcony in.  I like to sit out in a morning and evening and found the towelling ones way too warm - obviously!!

5 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

First thing I do is roll those fat robes up as tightly as possible, and place them behind the life jackets on the top shelf of closet.  Voila - now I’m ready to double hang shirts and wonder why I didn’t bring my own skirt hanger (the one with the clips). ; )

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Bonnie, they make me feel like a Sumo wrestler in them, 😄 so my cabin attendant or butler obliges me with exchanging to the 'waffle' type from the spa.  However my daughter loved them so much she had us buy a plush one on board for her last year.  The ever obliging Guest Relations Manager let us store with them until we could pick up in Sydney at New Years.  Win win for all.

6 hours ago, Ithikan said:

First thing I do is roll those fat robes up as tightly as possible, and place them behind the life jackets on the top shelf of closet.  Voila - now I’m ready to double hang shirts and wonder why I didn’t bring my own skirt hanger (the one with the clips). ; )

I always ask my cabin steward for more hangers. They get me lots of wire hangers, so I can use those for shirts and save all the hangers with clips for skirts, trousers etc.

• Like 1