Cruise Critic Community

My husband and I are new fans of WindStar and are looking forward to two upcoming cruises in the next year. Our question is whether there are any plans to upgrade the quality of the WiFi onboard the power and sailing yachts during planned renovations and upgrades to the ships? Our recent trip on Wind Surf had less than ideal connectivity throughout the 8 days onboard. 

Also for beverage packages, we don’t mind paying the $59 pp price but we’re a bit taken back that the wine options seem to be price limited to those wines under $10.50. That was not the case in the past under the old package options. If you’re going to charge such a high price for all inclusive drink packages, the wind glass selections should have a higher price point. 

On 10/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, SailMaine said:

My husband and I are new fans of WindStar and are looking forward to two upcoming cruises in the next year. Our question is whether there are any plans to upgrade the quality of the WiFi onboard the power and sailing yachts during planned renovations and upgrades to the ships? Our recent trip on Wind Surf had less than ideal connectivity throughout the 8 days onboard. 

Also for beverage packages, we don’t mind paying the $59 pp price but we’re a bit taken back that the wine options seem to be price limited to those wines under $10.50. That was not the case in the past under the old package options. If you’re going to charge such a high price for all inclusive drink packages, the wind glass selections should have a higher price point. 

Yes, this is a high priority for us and we’ve invested more than $500K in the last year on this and next year our bandwidth will triple offering much greater speed. Wind Surf has been the most challenging because the masts and rigging can interfere with the satellite signal so we added a second satellite receiver earlier this year to provide greater coverage.

Thanks for the feedback; we’re also updating our wine selections and trying to add more local options.

Edited by WSCPresident

I loved having the local wines when we did Spanish Serenade, saki on the Japan Alaska crossing and the Alaska beers on the May 2018 Alaska cruise.  Also, the local food items such as fresh fish and cheeses on Spanish Serenade.

Please keep it up with the local options.