The replacement of cruise personaliser

Josy1953

Had anyone else received this email from P&O ?

I am glad I chose to print our tickets and luggage labels last week for our November cruise.

My P&O Cruises is coming soon

We'll be launching My P&O Cruises shortly, an easy-to-use website that gives you the freedom to personalise your holiday. You'll be able to book your favourite experiences, and find handy information about your cruise.

Until we switch your booking from our existing Cruise Personaliser website to 
My P&O Cruises, you won't be able to make online bookings for shore experiences, spa services or Speciality Dining reservations. But you can be sure we'll let you know as soon as you can access My P&O Cruises to discover what's on offer and tailor your

We have 4 more cruises booked, I know that I am being pessimistic but I really hope this new system works properly before I need to do anything for our February cruise.

Edited by Josy1953

Yes I've had it too!  My first thought was that I hope it's going to be more successful than the introduction of the new website.  We too have a cruise booked in February so hopefully it will be done and dusted long before then - hopefully!

Not received that email yet and have a mini cruise booked for November, and as a F&F member I can only download and print out luggage labels etc as nothing is sent by post.  CP is still working for me as it was, so I will check every day in the hope that I can download before the switch.  Next cruises after that are in April 2020, so time to iron out the bugs.

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

Not received that email yet and have a mini cruise booked for November, and as a F&F member I can only download and print out luggage labels etc as nothing is sent by post.  CP is still working for me as it was, so I will check every day in the hope that I can download before the switch.  Next cruises after that are in April 2020, so time to iron out the bugs.

I looked last night after reading this and my labels and tickets were there, very early, so I printed the, off there and then. I also took a copy of all our restaurant bookings, tours etc just in case.

We have not received and email about the changes as yet so thanks to Josh the OP for alerting me to it.

• Like 1

We haven't received an email either.  I guess there is some pattern to its roll-out but so far our CP is accessible for our cruise later this month (had panic and booked an excursion I'd been undecided about in case it's not working any time soon!) also those booked next year.  But thanks for the heads up.  Let's hope it's seamless.

• Like 1

We've certainly not 'gone green' so it's nothing to do with that.  We had our excursions brochure with the labels in the back for the cruise we did last month - oh it's not called "Excursions" any more - it's now "Shore Experiences" and the poor Port Presenter - the excellent Sam - had to remember every time he talked that he said 'Experiences' and not 'Excursions'.  

Well this is the final straw for us.

We go on back to back cruise on Friday Trans Atlantic and Caribbean on Azura.

Our flight home was with Thomas Cook. No alternative given by P&O yet and we have been told that we will not

know until we are on the ship.

We had booked Premium Economy and paid for our chosen seats. The only email from P&O was on Sept 23.

In this it stated that when a new flight is allocated we would be able to go to our Cruise Personaliser and rebook seats.

Now they are saying nothing can be booked on CP and the new site "My P&O Cruises" will be up and running "SHORTLY".

Everyone will have to register on this new site. Considering we have eight sea days out of Southampton with

Madeira our only port of call before the Caribbean. It looks like we have been hung out to dry by P&O.

57 minutes ago, Saltybutnice13 said:

Well this is the final straw for us.

We go on back to back cruise on Friday Trans Atlantic and Caribbean on Azura.

Our flight home was with Thomas Cook. No alternative given by P&O yet and we have been told that we will not

know until we are on the ship.

We had booked Premium Economy and paid for our chosen seats. The only email from P&O was on Sept 23.

In this it stated that when a new flight is allocated we would be able to go to our Cruise Personaliser and rebook seats.

Now they are saying nothing can be booked on CP and the new site "My P&O Cruises" will be up and running "SHORTLY".

Everyone will have to register on this new site. Considering we have eight sea days out of Southampton with

Madeira our only port of call before the Caribbean. It looks like we have been hung out to dry by P&O.

I have to say that the timing seems strange for this given the uncertainty several people have raised on here about flights and rebooking seats.

Their IT changes never seem to be done well or properly tested before launch, let’s hope this one is better.

• Like 1

I get the feeling that P&O,  like many other companies,  are literally flying by the seat of their pants (sorry!), trying to find hundreds of spare aircraft seats of any type following the demise of TC.

I agree that given this scenario,  it is sheer madness to try and implement a new cruise personaliser system at present.

Whatever people may think about P&O ships and cruises, the one thing I think we can all agree on, is that their IT department and systems are just dreadful.

• Like 1

I have received this e-mail and not not chosen to ‘go green’.  If their pathetic attempt at a new online booking website Is anything to go by, we may expect a complete disaster, at which point I will be enquiring whether their IT personnel are in the business of sabotage.

18 hours ago, annieuk said:

Yes I've had it too!  My first thought was that I hope it's going to be more successful than the introduction of the new website.  We too have a cruise booked in February so hopefully it will be done and dusted long before then - hopefully!

Ditto

About time they changed this system. The personaliser has felt very old fashioned for sometime now. Surely it time for a decent app that can also be used on board to make theatre bookings and restaurant bookings along with the spa. The daily program should also be available on various devices rather than the waste caused by printing. In this day and age you don't often see many people without a smartphone, iPad or kindle!

18 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I haven't had that email either, but agree that CP is ridiculous, in that you have to log in for each cruise with a different cruise ref.  Surely you should be able to see them all together under the log in.

All very simple to achieve, all very logical.  Costs money though, and Carnival don't like spending it, whatever the impact on customers,  and, apparently,  whatever the impact on long term profitability. 

Probably has a lot to do with keeping short term profits up to boost directors' bonuses. 

4 hours ago, philsuarez said:

About time they changed this system. The personaliser has felt very old fashioned for sometime now. Surely it time for a decent app that can also be used on board to make theatre bookings and restaurant bookings along with the spa. The daily program should also be available on various devices rather than the waste caused by printing. In this day and age you don't often see many people without a smartphone, iPad or kindle!

Believe me - there are still plenty of us Luddites around 😃.  The last thing I want to do is access the daily programme on a screen thank you - I do enough of that at home.

• Like 3