rebooking

rayandbelle

Hi just wanted to  know when celebrity changed the policy about getting the cheaper price when you see one?

I have been a loyal celebrity cruiser since 2008, but it seem now if you see a lower price now and ring up to get it

They now cancel the old booking and create a new one like they always did but won't transfer the deposit from the old booking to the new one

like they used to do.

So if you cancelled the credit card and moved to another bank  it will up to you to get your deposit back from a bank you no longer deal with .

Sorry about the whinge just frustrated

Ray 

It is important to note that your Cruise Critic profile suggests that you are from Australia.  

When assessing responses you receive here, it is important to note that laws,  terms/conditions, and administrative practices can vary from market to market.

7 minutes ago, Xport said:

It is important to note that your Cruise Critic profile suggests that you are from Australia.  

When assessing responses you receive here, it is important to note that laws,  terms/conditions, and administrative practices can vary from market to market.

thanks xport my profile states i am from Aus 

was just frustrated that they change things

cheers ray

Hi Ray, I thought that you lost $100 of your deposit for each booking and could transfer the balance to a new cruise.  We are thinking of cancelling a Trans-Pacific b2b cruise and booking another b2b to Asia/Europe instead so I'll follow this up before we do so as our total deposit for the two legs was $1600.  Regards Josie

1 minute ago, rayandbelle said:

thanks xport my profile states i am from Aus 

was just frustrated that they change things

cheers ray

No problem, Ray...  Just wanted to be sure that you get responses from those who are qualified to render them in a context applicable to you as “home” is not always apparent (when I access via my computer I can see that information in the post if the member has provided it; if I access via my phone, location is never listed in the post and is only available via the profile if the member has provided it)...

Cheers!

3 hours ago, begagirl said:

Hi Ray, I thought that you lost $100 of your deposit for each booking and could transfer the balance to a new cruise.  We are thinking of cancelling a Trans-Pacific b2b cruise and booking another b2b to Asia/Europe instead so I'll follow this up before we do so as our total deposit for the two legs was $1600.  Regards Josie

Think you should be fine Josie my problem was i no longer have the c/c or deal with the bank that i booked the cruise with.

And they would only refund to that c/c and then it was up to me to chase the money from them.

i would have thought that they be able to refund to my new c/c.

We also love oceania and south america

small world

cheers Ray

8 minutes ago, rayandbelle said:

i would have thought that they be able to refund to my new c/c.

That is almost never going to happen as they have a theoretical risk of a charge-back from the original card company and they can only eliminate that risk by refunding to the original method of payment.

That said, it wouldn't even be a problem if they would just move the deposit from one booking to the other, no idea why that seems to be a concern for them...