Cruise Critic Community
uscgmom

Does the Reflection have The Retreat Sundeck and Retreat Lounge

I know that Celebrity plans to update the design of their ships but was wondering if anyone who has recently been on the Reflection knows if there is a dedicated Retreat Sundeck and Lounge yet. Wondering if the price of a Sky Suite is worth it if not?

There is no Retreat Sundeck but there is Michaels Club, the original form of the newer Retreat Lounges.

I do not think a Retreat Sundeck has been added yet to the Reflection.  They do have Michaels Club which is the current Suite guest lounge.  Even without the Retreat Sundeck we believe a Sky Suite is very much worth it.  We enjoy MC  as well as Luminae,  the dedicated Suite dining venue.  Other perks such as priority tendering and the suite concierge had been very helpful on past cruises.   Our experience with having a butler has been hit or miss.  We have had great Butler’s who have made cruises very special and other times our Butler has been practically non-existent.   Any request can usually be handled very efficiently in Michaels Club.  

I am sure someone else can chime is as to when the Reflection will make the change to The Retreat and Retreat Sundeck.  

Thank you for the information. We had a Sky Suite on the Edge and loved our butler, Luminae and the Retreat Deck...but not having to waste time looking around for pool chairs made the upgrade so worth it for us. Not sure it's worth the price difference if there isn't a dedicated pool deck.

Once revolutionized, my understanding is that Millennium and Solstice class ships will still not—unlike Edge—have a pool on the Retreat Sundeck.  Weight is apparently an issue and I believe the best one can hope for is installation of a hot tub in that area...

Following Edge design, Apex seemingly will have the additional pool at the Retreat Sundeck when she enters service next year...

1 hour ago, uscgmom said:

I know that Celebrity plans to update the design of their ships but was wondering if anyone who has recently been on the Reflection knows if there is a dedicated Retreat Sundeck and Lounge yet. Wondering if the price of a Sky Suite is worth it if not?

There is an ongoing thread here on the Sky Suite topic in case you have not seen it.