Ferry tickets

j in tx

Hi, 
I’ve only visited Greece with a cruise, so I’ve never had to use the ferry system to get around the islands. I have friends going next month who are not on a cruise but are planning to use the ferry system. They asked me for advice on buying tickets ahead of time or waiting and buying tickets once there. Any advice on this?  Also, any other tips would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Your friends might want to do some research on each of their islands vis-à-vis off-season.   Some of the most popular Greek Islands (such as Mykonos) go into an off-season shut-down mode in early November.  Many shops and restaurants close for the winter and transportation services scale back to a slower off-season schedule.   While it might be a nice time of the year for those who prefer a relatively quiet island, it can also be a little frustrating when many of the popular restaurants and clubs are closed for the season.

Hank

Thank you for that info. I hadn’t thought of that, so I’ll let them know. They will be there  Oct 23-31, hopefully before things close up. I know they are planning to go to Mykonos, among others,  so that is great advice. 
Thanks,

Joan