Did you have top sheets on your bed?

vicnsue

On 10/17/2019 at 12:14 PM, #love2cruise said:

Yes, on the Royal Class ships, they do not put a top sheet on,  just the duvet.  This is way to hot for me to sleep under, so always ask for a top sheet to be added on top of the fitted sheet.  This was always done without any problem, except for one time. Steward did not seem to get the idea.  Finally, he did and all was well.

Sky booked in January 2020...YAY!!!

I just got off the Royal and had the duvet removed and a blanket instead. They put a top sheet under the blanket.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, steelers36 said:

Every ship but Royal/Regal has the Princess Luxury Bed and Regal/Royal should be at 100% soon.  Therefore have built-in top sheet.  Unless like @TM you don't want the duvet.

I see the Royal recently was refurbished in 2018...didnt they upgrade the bedding then?    Have an upcoming Feb 1st 2020.     Thank you!

2 hours ago, red4u2 said:

I see the Royal recently was refurbished in 2018...didnt they upgrade the bedding then?    Have an upcoming Feb 1st 2020.     Thank you!

You can check the Princess Luxury Bed rollout schedule on the Princess website.  Recent reports have indicated at least some cabin types completed.  Supposed to be all done this year.

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

You can check the Princess Luxury Bed rollout schedule on the Princess website.  Recent reports have indicated at least some cabin types completed.  Supposed to be all done this year.

Thank you....cannot find anything other than 2019 and Club class and suites 1st.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:34 AM, TM said:

We don't really like the duvet.  It is too heavy.  So we always ask the room steward to remove it and replace it with a top sheet and blanket.  Never has been a problem and replaced cheerfully.

This is what i do too.  I just can't sleep under a duvet; too heavy and too hot--but if I take the duvet off and just have a sheet, too cold.

So, I always ask for a top sheet and blanket. 

In the past we have had to ask for a top sheet, however, on our last two cruises (CB March 2019 and Regal August 2019) we found our beds already made up with top sheets.  We were told by our steward that this was the new procedure and we were.  very pleased.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

This is what i do too.  I just can't sleep under a duvet; too heavy and too hot--but if I take the duvet off and just have a sheet, too cold.

So, I always ask for a top sheet and blanket. 

That what I'll do next cruise. I don't know why they insist in using a duvet in the hot Caribbean. Just a blanket & sheet are sufficient. 

On 10/19/2019 at 6:56 AM, Hlitner said:

OMG!  Washing clothes.  We darn near never wash clothes when on a trip.  If we are on Princess, HAL or Celebrity we get free laundry and will happily let the ship do the work.  We pack "heavy" which also works to reduce laundry.   Princess laundry is a bit slow (sometimes 3 days) but that is not a big problem on long cruises.

Hank

Yeah, I'm debating how much I really want to do myself, and how much I plan to just throw in the suitcase and have done onboard in just a couple of weeks. I'm thinking anything long or that has a tendency to wrinkle, I'll send off to the laundry on embarkation day.  😄

Edited by Ldyandrea

That stupid duvet is the worst bedding, ever.  So hot.  3 cruises ago it was duvet only.  We requested sheets and they gladly brought them, but they were not sheets.  I think they were the duvet covers without the duvet.  Kind of odd.  The cruises since then have been the 2 sheets with the duvet in the middle.