Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

Regarding the shade in the Retreat deck, although from the photos it looks quite shaded with the wooden slats etc. I have to say in the real heat of the summer - I was on board In Europe in June when it was extremely hot - those slats do not actually do a lot and shade is very sought after and difficult to find. 

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I've done suites and gone back and loved our cruises. May have to wait to see if there is a Move Up offer, but most suites are gone for the Inaugural and Sky Suites are through the roof. There are only 2 S3's left and they are about $10,000 for 2. The Iconics are $84,000 for 8 nights!

You must be heading out soon - only 9 more days until you are back on the Edge!! 🙂

We fly on ths 14th...cruise on the 15th.. snow expected later this week and next Tuesday, but hope all will go well.  We have an early non stop to FLL...so no worries  with Baltimore transfers.   Pretty much packed for the cruise and beyond.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Jim 

Quick ques I also posed to Georgia Peach

If you have time, can you find out what type of water is on EDGE now for Classic bev package...Is it the gray btls with processed water, or back to spring water which we prefer...Trying to lighten our carry on load!  Thanks

I can answer that - the water on the classic package is in the gray cans. That’s what they give us when we forget to ask for Evian which is on the premium package. 

BA9A2404-03E8-4341-A147-203169614343.jpeg

28 minutes ago, hcat said:

We have snow in our forecast too here on Long Island...just nuisance snow, we hope,  We bought a large snow blower this year..hope it remains unused!

What the heck is a snow blower?   😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree with you.   The menu is limited but is decent.   Especially on a B2B the menus get boring quickly.   It would be nice if they had at least as m any choices as Blu or the Main Dining rooms.    The way they are handling it now is allowing suite guests to dine in any of the other restaurants.   Not ideal.

Iain's been ordering from the Kids menu to get some variety.

Jim.  If you are in a suite won’t they let you try the main dining room?  We are traveling with a small group and would still like that option.

2 hours ago, DUTRAVEL said:

I can answer that - the water on the classic package is in the gray cans. That’s what they give us when we forget to ask for Evian which is on the premium package. 

Thanks.

I was afraid of that.   That stuff tastes so bad!    We could not drink it. And the container  material was a real turn off!

We will have to carry on some  Fiji spring water ( 4 pack) for taking meds,   and pay for Evian, Perrier or something decent  on board!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KariA said:

Jim.  If you are in a suite won’t they let you try the main dining room?  We are traveling with a small group and would still like that option.

He is probably asleep by now so I will jump in 🙂. He did go to one of the MDRs (Normandie) during the 1st cruise (seems so long ago!). Here is the link to the post where it is described (post #408):

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks.

I was afraid of that.   That stuff tastes so bad!    We could not drink it. And the container  material was a real turn off!

We will have to carry on some  Fiji spring water ( 4 pack) for taking meds,   and pay for Evian, Perrier or something decent  on board!

Why not upgrade one of your packages to premium?  That way you can get bottles of Evian included rather than paying for it and I think it’s about $5.00.  Just a thought.  We probably go through 3 or 4 bottles a day.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

Thank you so much,  my mom is on the cruise with you; and I have been following along and enjoying every post. Her  birthday is tomorrow, nov  7 and it would be great if you could put a note on her door saying happy bday from her favorite daughter.

Much appreciated,  

Her name is gg and she is in cabin 7248.   If anyone else is on board reading this you can add a note with the state you come from

Enjoy  the rest of your cruise, and I’ll keep following 

Lauren

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Oville said:

Why not upgrade one of your packages to premium?  That way you can get bottles of Evian included rather than paying for it and I think it’s about $5.00.  Just a thought.  We probably go through 3 or 4 bottles a day.

I googled and found this on line .would be a good plan if still offered. Does anyone  know?

Premium Bottled Water Package-Starting from $16 p/night

Quench your thirst with unlimited bottles of your favorite still or sparkling premium water, such as Evian, Aqua Panna, San Pellegrino & Perrier. Whether in a bar, lounge, or any restaurant, simply present your SeaPass® Card to order your favor

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, swimmom1 said:

Thank you so much,  my mom is on the cruise with you; and I have been following along and enjoying every post. Her  birthday is tomorrow, nov  7 and it would be great if you could put a note on her door saying happy bday from her favorite daughter.

Much appreciated,  

Her name is gg and she is in cabin 7248.   If anyone else is on board reading this you can add a note with the state you come from

Enjoy  the rest of your cruise, and I’ll keep following 

Lauren

Very sweet idea..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  to gg!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

I googled and found this on line .would be a good plan if still offered. Does anyone  know?

Premium Bottled Water Package-Starting from $16 p/night

Quench your thirst with unlimited bottles of your favorite still or sparkling premium water, such as Evian, Aqua Panna, San Pellegrino & Perrier. Whether in a bar, lounge, or any restaurant, simply present your SeaPass® Card to order your favor

I think upgrading to one premium package would be $11.80/day or something close to that.

More importantly, I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Edge and enjoy your aft cabin.  We’re off to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow boarding the Silhouette on Friday.  Can’t wait to hear how you like those cabins and the 4 restaurant rotation.  Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Sadly we found these bottles leaked in our backpack (if they weren't upright) when we took them on excursion. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KariA said:

I'll jump in too as we were on the Sept 30 cruise. On EDGE Luminae is on deck 12 forward. The MDR's are on deck 3 and 4 aft. Logistically ordering from the MDR menu doesn't work in Luminae but if there's something you want you can ask the day before and they're happy to accommodate. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Oville said:

We’re off to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow boarding the Silhouette on Friday.  Can’t wait to hear how you like those cabins and the 4 restaurant rotation.  Katie

Safe travels tomorrow and have a wonderful cruise!! Hope you will be reporting back on the RS life!  🙂

• Thanks 1

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I'll jump in too as we were on the Sept 30 cruise. On EDGE Luminae is on deck 12 forward. The MDR's are on deck 3 and 4 aft. Logistically ordering from the MDR menu doesn't work but if there's something you want you can ask the day before and they're happy to accommodate. 

Oh, I thought they were talking about actually going to the MDRS so referred her to post #408 when Jim and Iain went to Normandie. Agree with not being able to order from there in Luminae, unless order ahead.🙂

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Sadly we found these bottles leaked in our backpack (if they weren't upright) when we took them on excursion. 

I loved these water containers except for that very reason - I didn't screw my top on tightly enough and ended up with a wet tote. After the first time, I was more careful to really tighten the tops, since they seem tight, but aren't. They are nice and light, yet firm (don't collapse like the plastic ones and aren't heavy/breakable like glass) - I didn't taste any metal taste.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Safe travels tomorrow and have a wonderful cruise!! Hope you will be reporting back on the RS life!  🙂

Thanks so much, we intend to have a wonderful trip.  Keep warm up there and hope you don’t get too much snow.❄️❄️❄️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oville said:

I think upgrading to one premium package would be $11.80/day or something close to that.

More importantly, I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Edge and enjoy your aft cabin.  We’re off to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow boarding the Silhouette on Friday.  Can’t wait to hear how you like those cabins and the 4 restaurant rotation.  Katie

Safe travels and welcome back!  Let's do lunch when you get settled in.

13 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Looks so nice (and we will have snow tomorrow).  Glad to see that they moved some loungers into the shade. That place is paradise (excuse me while I go see what it would cost to upgrade my Apex cruise). 🙂

I was specifically looking for shaded areas around the ship yesterday while out walking.   I'm happy to report that I found 100's but many will not be directly adjacent to the pool.  Some of the pool area is shaded depending on the time of the day.    One really big surprise to me was NO ONE was in the shaded area.   It may be that the temperatures were very moderate (70-71 F).