Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

11 hours ago, hcat said:

The suite area is very inviting!  Thanks to Jim's posts, we are  looking forward to Luminae on our Connie cruise. Hope we do not become addicted to suite life..as we can barely afford AQ Class these days!

We have snow in our forecast too here on Long Island...just nuisance snow, we hope,  We bought a large snow blower this year..hope it remains unused!

Time for the snowbirds to fly south.!

Just arrived Santa Cruz de Tenerife and the temperatures are 71-72 today.   Scattered clouds but hoping for a dry day.   It's hard to remember that winter is coming quickly to the U.S.

12 hours ago, hcat said:

Jim 

Quick ques I also posed to Georgia Peach

If you have time, can you find out what type of water is on EDGE now for Classic bev package...Is it the gray btls with processed water, or back to spring water which we prefer...Trying to lighten our carry on load!  Thanks

The main water in aluminum can is what I see most of time at the gangway.  Just checked and it is filtered.  I’ve been drinking it and it is fine.  

They also have Evian, San Peligrine   

41EE6195-71AD-4612-8D07-B3DAA161F3C1.thumb.jpeg.8eb8babef620814bc92669faacd34bcd.jpeg

32D70028-D779-45A2-B646-203410E147BB.thumb.jpeg.712767cd455e835c1693d50e8f8c9e10.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, delondin said:

Regarding the shade in the Retreat deck, although from the photos it looks quite shaded with the wooden slats etc. I have to say in the real heat of the summer - I was on board In Europe in June when it was extremely hot - those slats do not actually do a lot and shade is very sought after and difficult to find. 

I would agree the slots filter out only some of the sun but there are at least now about 100+ seats in fully shaded area.   The are not poolside but if I was concerned about sun It would be happy. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KariA said:

Jim.  If you are in a suite won’t they let you try the main dining room?  We are traveling with a small group and would still like that option.

Yes you can go to any of the 4 main dining rooms as well as Blu.  Of course it is on a space available basic.  We went to Normandy and really enjoyed.  

8 hours ago, swimmom1 said:

Thank you so much,  my mom is on the cruise with you; and I have been following along and enjoying every post. Her  birthday is tomorrow, nov  7 and it would be great if you could put a note on her door saying happy bday from her favorite daughter.

Much appreciated,  

Her name is gg and she is in cabin 7248.   If anyone else is on board reading this you can add a note with the state you come from

Enjoy  the rest of your cruise, and I’ll keep following 

Lauren

An pleased to help in her celebration. 

049EBEB6-1BB3-43DC-895F-57DC5F168E1B.thumb.jpeg.c98c3ea211233d9731c0c86e927d57c3.jpeg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Sadly we found these bottles leaked in our backpack (if they weren't upright) when we took them on excursion. 

Wow.  Maybe I have no taste 😂 but I drink it with my pills.   Another option might be club soda.  We mostly drink the S Pellegrino that our butler sticks in our refrigerator. 

58 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow.  Maybe I have no taste 😂 but I drink it with my pills.   Another option might be club soda.  We mostly drink the S Pellegrino that our butler sticks in our refrigerator. 

Thanks ....Seems like alot of salt added,. I am going to look into an upgraded water package, if it is still offered.

Wonder if the ship uses this or  filters their own?

Might just  ask them to fill our water btls  at the dining  areas

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Safe travels and welcome back!  Let's do lunch when you get settled in.

If you and Katie want to come up to Venice for lunch...let me know. We will be headed there for awhile  after our 11/15  EDGE cruise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

One really big surprise to me was NO ONE was in the shaded area

That is what I found as well, but I'm not sure that there were any loungers in the shade at that time, just seating areas (albeit very comfortable seating). My sister can't be in the sun due to medical reasons (actually will make her ill) so she would need one of those spots, but even then, would not be able to be out too long. Glad they have options and I'm sure they will keep an eye on how many shaded and sun-drenched spots are actually used.

One thing that I was pleasantly surprised about was how there was plenty of comfortable seating for all - that's one thing that many (including me) were concerned about before she sailed, with 176 suites, with the potential for 350 people wanting to use the Retreat Sundeck on a sea day.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2

Hi Jim....Really enjoying your blog. My girlfriends & I are looking at the Edge for a Feb cruise in the Caribbean in an Infinate Verandah. We are used to opening up the partition on the balcony on the Solstice class when we book side by side cabins. Do you know if this can be done with the Infinate Verandah cabins?? I don’t think so but wanted to get some feedback on this.

15 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Hi Jim....Really enjoying your blog. My girlfriends & I are looking at the Edge for a Feb cruise in the Caribbean in an Infinate Verandah. We are used to opening up the partition on the balcony on the Solstice class when we book side by side cabins. Do you know if this can be done with the Infinate Verandah cabins?? I don’t think so but wanted to get some feedback on this.

They do not, but the Sunset Verandas do, if there are any available. They also have the traditional balconies.

(Sorry to jump in, but wasn't sure Jim had been able to see much of the IV's yet). 🙂

• Like 2

Thanks vtcruising for the info.  Do you know if they have obstructed Infinate Verandahs as I don’t want one of them? We’re looking at E4 category I believe. We were looking at Equinox as well but the price is now lower for the Edge so we thought why not give it a try.

45 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Its more like having a window that opens, not a true balcony; there isn’t a partition that could be opened. 

31 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Thanks vtcruising for the info.  Do you know if they have obstructed Infinate Verandahs as I don’t want one of them? We’re looking at E4 category I believe. We were looking at Equinox as well but the price is now lower for the Edge so we thought why not give it a try.

I will post a link soon with some suggestions for choosing. Yes, the E4's are generally good locations. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

4 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

It doesn’t appear that the IV balconies can be opened.  Possibly one of our resident experts can advise.  

The CS balconies can be opened between rooms but the balconies are true balconies. 

3 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Sorry, I misread this - the E4's are often obstructed. Attached is a thread I have been working on that might help you choose an Infinite Veranda. 🙂

Okay, back to Jim....

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

It doesn’t appear that the IV balconies can be opened.  Possibly one of our resident experts can advise.  

The CS balconies can be opened between rooms but the balconies are true balconies. 

No, the IV’s cannot be opened - solid walls between cabins. 

4 hours ago, Oville said:

Sounds fun, maybe we can meet in Punta Gorda.

That would be great.  Have you ever tried the Perfect Caper?   No view but outstanding in every other way..  I will ask Vt Cruiser to send you our e mail address..

We are on single digit countdown to EDGE!

Bought a 5 cup Brita mini pitcher at Target..so as long as it fits in the carry on..we are good to go!