Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

That would be  of interest!

It was on our Equinox cruise.   It was in the daily schedule.  It was sold at the pool.  It was a donation basically with 10 bucks of the t-shirt purchase being donated to WWF. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Possibly.   We have a March cruise booked on Summit but it was a place holder for a free cruise and we need to finalize what we are going to do. 

Currently or next solid booking is for a November 2020.   I know we will have to do something before that. 

And when is that November 2020 cruise?  We are booked on the Reflection 11/2.

Jim, perhaps a silly question, but if you have a moment to answer it would be greatly appreciated.  There was a thread a while back where Celebrity cut the free movies, and after much advocacy on the part of many CC members (I'm sorry I cannot recall who started the thread so as to give proper credit), the free movies were reinstated.  I think I recall reading on a post several weeks later that the number of free in-cabin movies has been quietly reduced back down to one or two.  

Our 16 year old son who has Down Syndrome is accompanying us on our next cruise (Feb 14/20 Silhouette), so this is fairly important to us as watching a movie is a nice quiet in-room entertainment that he can enjoy every couple of days for a couple of hours of down-time.  If you have the opportunity, would you mind reporting back if there are still some free in-room movies offered, and if so is it just one or two, or more like five or six?  Thank you so very much!

As always, greatly enjoying your live review!  Your pics are fabulous, and your comments and pics of the Edge make me realize that I need to go back and sail her again! Seven days truly was not enough to fully explore and enjoy everything she has to offer!  Again, thank you for your great live report.......😊

Edited by Reel Love

On 11/9/2019 at 6:30 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I sat in a really beautiful chair outside Blu and thought I was going to do a backward summersault.    

Mrs. Yoshikitty fell from that particulars chair 2 days ago, sideways 😂

Jim, what are your thoughts about that always present fake servicedog in Luminae?

Edited by Yoshikitty

On 11/10/2019 at 9:21 AM, Jim_Iain said:

The ships crew are diligently cleaning the ship in preparation for US inspection.   Grew are opening all the firehouse cabinets and polishing all he connectors.  The staff say starting tonight the have to spend extra hours doing “special cleaning”.  

We have already received two emails from Celebrity for our cruise after yours that we should arrive after 12;30 because of immigration for all the crew and passengers on your trip and then the US inspection of the ship.  We have a suite so the shoreside concierge told us there is a special place for suite guests to wait so we will arrive at our original time.  I feel sorry for the crew because the US inspection is very important for all of them.

Pat

13 hours ago, hcat said:

Still wearing  our  2 fer tee shirts from Infinity way back!

At one time X sold 5 tee shirts for $20, on a TA. They obviously wanted to get rid of their European stock.

They were excellent quality and my husband still goes to the end of cruise sales to see if he can get more, but they don’t actually need replacing. 

18 hours ago, Airrace said:

Hello Jim:

Thanks for taking the time to post your traveling experiences. I look forward to reading them. You mentioned a while back that you use a GPS app on your phone. I am looking for something to show my ship location and also use on land to locate various sites. I would also like it to connect to my I pad. My thoughts were to have the phone on the balcony table and then be able to see the same screen on my iPad in the cabin.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Bill

Bill

I use Motion X GPS.   I believe it was a paid app but has loads of options.  If interested in just location Google Maps works well with Satellite view. 

When connected to satellite the globe turns from red to color globe.  This is current location, speed and heading. 

263294C6-0CA4-4FAB-980A-2828845AC3C3.thumb.png.9797424bbfc861f0310cf40aee655787.png

Hi I am loving this review, thanks for doing it.  Just booked the ship yesterday.  Can you or anyone who has been on the Edge tell me if there are many places in the shade outside for sea days.  I need to stay in the shade for medical reasons, but still like to be outside if possible. The youtube videos don't seem to show many shaded areas. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 6:41 AM, hcat said:

When I gasped, the snooty sales person scoffed at me and said they are Bamboo you know...my reply would need a bleep button    She then showed us some dirty old generic X tee shirts, possibly good for washing the car!

$25 for a hat is reasonable. $90 for a T-shirt is insane

• Like 1

Wow- we were in CS 11107 in September and one of biggest complaints was that there was only a single door to the shower which did not keep water in at all. Couldn't use the robe hooks without stuff getting soaked. Anyone know if they're  all changed now?

16 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Jim, perhaps a silly question, but if you have a moment to answer it would be greatly appreciated.  There was a thread a while back where Celebrity cut the free movies, and after much advocacy on the part of many CC members (I'm sorry I cannot recall who started the thread so as to give proper credit), the free movies were reinstated.  I think I recall reading on a post several weeks later that the number of free in-cabin movies has been quietly reduced back down to one or two.  

Our 16 year old son who has Down Syndrome is accompanying us on our next cruise (Feb 14/20 Silhouette), so this is fairly important to us as watching a movie is a nice quiet in-room entertainment that he can enjoy every couple of days for a couple of hours of down-time.  If you have the opportunity, would you mind reporting back if there are still some free in-room movies offered, and if so is it just one or two, or more like five or six?  Thank you so very much!

As always, greatly enjoying your live review!  Your pics are fabulous, and your comments and pics of the Edge make me realize that I need to go back and sail her again! Seven days truly was not enough to fully explore and enjoy everything she has to offer!  Again, thank you for your great live report.......😊

Not sure if they actually ever discontinued the free movies.   They have about 20-30 they appear to be for a charge.   You have to go through 3-4 screens like you are going to pay and then they show 0.00 will be charged to your account 

332647A8-D79A-4B26-8C13-D5F8A5A81707.thumb.jpeg.713d6f1a227a70e455c1dfc5a877d2a0.jpeg

424D8B10-493A-478D-8C9B-C115154A4AB3.thumb.jpeg.5547debf49093854a91ea7fb7ad04595.jpeg

The pay ones show the price on the second screen. 

BB48F852-0097-44E3-922E-2C4CF45AB4C1.thumb.jpeg.4de2c33dda282957fcc2e39426426f58.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yoshikitty said:

Mrs. Yoshikitty fell from that particulars chair 2 days ago, sideways 😂

Jim, what are your thoughts about that always present fake servicedog in Luminae?

Not sure if it is fake or not. The dog is I believe an Italian miniature greyhound. I know he is documented as I saw the owner presenting documents at one of the ports to get off the ship.  

He seems well trained and never bothersome.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, eyecantwait said:

my husband and I did a lot of inside deck walking on our Constellation TA but only about 4 miles

I was doing some inside today.   I only got in 12,000steps so far today.  Have to finish off this afternoon. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RodPat said:

We have already received two emails from Celebrity for our cruise after yours that we should arrive after 12;30 because of immigration for all the crew and passengers on your trip and then the US inspection of the ship.  We have a suite so the shoreside concierge told us there is a special place for suite guests to wait so we will arrive at our original time.  I feel sorry for the crew because the US inspection is very important for all of them.

Pat

The crew I have spoken to say they have to do immagration  at around 3:30.   The time consuming part is the Full Coast Guard inspection.  They have to demonstrate evacuations, fire simulation and evacuation of injured passengers.  They say health inspection is possible but is often a surprise inspection on a subsequent cruise.  

46 minutes ago, fragilek said:

Hi I am loving this review, thanks for doing it.  Just booked the ship yesterday.  Can you or anyone who has been on the Edge tell me if there are many places in the shade outside for sea days.  I need to stay in the shade for medical reasons, but still like to be outside if possible. The youtube videos don't seem to show many shaded areas. 

There are plenty of shade spaces with loungers but you may not be exactly poolside.   

You have nothing to worry about an I’m sure will have a wonderful vacation 

17 minutes ago, mason525 said:

Wow- we were in CS 11107 in September and one of biggest complaints was that there was only a single door to the shower which did not keep water in at all. Couldn't use the robe hooks without stuff getting soaked. Anyone know if they're  all changed now?

Yes for both CS and Sky they have installed full shower doors.  They work well and open both out and in. If you swing in they have a magnet that holds them in place. 

9E02A46C-1DEF-4354-8501-BBC2F3C5ED42.thumb.jpeg.d7a9f53bc78cf00444769ad71da529c7.jpeg

14 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Hey Jim... I am wondering about bar service on the Edge. I hear that you CANNOT get a regular plain ole martini at the Martini Bar. I’m talking about the $9 kind. Is that true on the Edge?  I am trying to figure out where to go for before dinner drinks. Thanks. 

My understanding is you can not get the small martini in the martini bar.   You can get them any where else.    On our cruise cruise there are over 2,000 elit or higher and you get unlimited drinks between 5-7 at any bar except Martini Bar.   They are using Eden for Elite or above.  

ive seen people get regular martinis at the club, al Bacio, the Bistro Bar, the dining room, mast bar, sunset bar.