Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

14 minutes ago, JBare said:

Nice videos. I just noticed from them and then had to go back to your earlier pictures of Eden that they have removed the very obtrusive stage that was ever present during our voyage.

That's great if it is gone. It was an interesting piece of art, but hazardous.  My buddy, Barbara, tripped on the lower edge that protrudes out further than the top and broke her arm and had lacerations on her face. That was in January - I was surprised that they kept it there after that - many of us put it on our feedback for that cruise.

It was crowded with people sitting around those tables near the stage and she had to go around them - the protruding piece is grey (of course 😉) so blended in with the carpet.

image.png.61069e3702fd52cee34633863e400934.png

Edit: Just read that it might be moved, when needed.

Edited by vtcruising

We are making way for FLL.   The seas are running 10-15 feet this morning with a noticeable pitch.  

Sea conditions should improve as we get close to the Bahamas

DF5CDB0B-0D4F-40D7-BE55-B29F02D51663.thumb.jpeg.269ae1a8d15a2b2f1b0754f428226628.jpeg

DAA514C6-F737-4AD5-808D-B7A0A345A80E.thumb.jpeg.db81e916eb5fb87fc4f2441215fca65c.jpeg

Good omen is the beautiful rainbow 🌈 

DC4EF31C-C2EC-4DBB-AB12-FBB94BECF3FE.thumb.jpeg.e5c3e86174753a0f0609ef3fefbf74a8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Last night 11/13 was our 3rd Chic night.    It was a very festive night with activities abounding all over the ship.   We decided to FINALLY  stop by to see the Eden show which was at 10:15.    It was much more entertaining that I had expected.   I think I was a bit scared off by the number of early reports.     I'm sure it has been mentioned that they changed the show to be less immersive and is not only 45 minutes long.     I would guess that the upper areas were only 15-20% occupied so plenty of seating with a really good view. 

Was the incense smell bothersome?  Others have made a big deal about it. 

1 hour ago, Cdresser said:

Thank you so much for taking us along on your wonderful vacation. I will be on the Dec 8 cruise for my first time on Edge. I feel like I have all the info I need to hit the ground running when I board. Safe travels home!

I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise.    The ship is definitely different than other Celebrity Ships.

• Thanks 1

Thought I would point out some unique design changes in the E-Class. 

the interior doors are very thin and lock in place using a pneumatic lifter and 🧲 magnetic connector.  Almost impossible to close silently.  Regular cabin probably just a problem if you get up during the evening.  In a CS the bathroom has 3 doors and you have to really work hard not to have them SLAM shut.  

80566063-8A27-4359-8632-433C9D2C428D.thumb.jpeg.b66ca67fb50c15764a43a6f5413cbb78.jpeg

One like is the sliding doors have a lock on them.  

9A8819CC-FF19-411D-B7F5-3376EF86451E.thumb.jpeg.2a3bb5f3c6ddd11b851f1a41c74fd3ae.jpeg

36 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Was the incense smell bothersome?  Others have made a big deal about it. 

I was wondering the same thing before going to the show.   I've read so many people indicate it was bothersome to them.

I am very sensitive to smell and have to say I didn't discern any odor at all.   To me it smelled just like the rest of the ship.  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was wondering the same thing before going to the show.   I've read so many people indicate it was bothersome to them.

I am very sensitive to smell and have to say I didn't discern any odor at all.   To me it smelled just like the rest of the ship.  

WOW... maybe they did away with the smell/incense. That would be nice. I am not allergic but find incense type smells annoying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Glad to hear this - I had a sinus issue when I was onboard and didn't smell it, but saw the mist descend at dusk.

One like is the sliding doors have a lock on them.  

This was annoying - one time my DH was on the balcony in the lounger sleeping. It was windy enough that it was noisy with the door unlatched. I wanted to shower but hated to leave him locked out there. I ended up giving him his iphone and took mine into the bathroom in case he texted me to come in. 🙄

the interior doors are very thin and lock in place using a pneumatic lifter and 🧲 magnetic connector.  Almost impossible to close silently.

In the Sky Suite we would leave the door partly open at night.  Though it would creak when opening it further (new door creak), at least we didn't have the big clunk with opening and shutting.  I liked the separate toilet area with door that was at the opposite end of the bathroom so that, even with the bathroom door open a little, we had the privacy of the enclosed toilet. There have been a lot of complaints about the power magnet noise at night.

Looks like library is filling up again 

Lighter luggage and more books for hcat to choose from tomorrow! 🙂

Thanks for all the great photos and patience in answering questions! Safe travels home!

Edited by vtcruising

14 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Glad to hear this - I had a sinus issue when I was onboard and didn't smell it, but saw the mist descend at dusk.

Judging by the videos the mist is still there and can be seen in the spotlights, it may well be that its no longer scented. However the smell didn't bother my wife it was the smoke catching in her throat.

4 minutes ago, JBare said:

Judging by the videos the mist is still there and can be seen in the spotlights, it may well be that its no longer scented. However the smell didn't bother my wife it was the smoke catching in her throat.

It does look like the mist is still there - nice effect for the show, but not good for sensitive people.

25 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

In the Sky Suite we would leave the door partly open at night.  Though it would creak when opening it further (new door creak), at least we didn't have the big clunk with opening and shutting.  I liked the separate toilet area with door that was at the opposite end of the bathroom so that, even with the bathroom door open a little, we had the privacy of the enclosed toilet. There have been a lot of complaints about the power magnet noise at night.

In our room if you leave the door ajar in rougher seas they would automatically slam shut.   I've learned that I could close them near silently if I used my thumb against the jamb and slowly close it.   

16 minutes ago, JBare said:

Yes the mist was still visible.    I didn't smell it at all so maybe they no longer use the incense.   I've seen similar mist at Operas and can generally smell it in the theater. 

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

That's great if it is gone. It was an interesting piece of art, but hazardous.  My buddy, Barbara, tripped on the lower edge that protrudes out further than the top and broke her arm and had lacerations on her face. That was in January - I was surprised that they kept it there after that - many of us put it on our feedback for that cruise.

It was crowded with people sitting around those tables near the stage and she had to go around them - the protruding piece is grey (of course 😉) so blended in with the carpet.

image.png.61069e3702fd52cee34633863e400934.png

Edit: Just read that it might be moved, when needed.

It is a dangerous ugly  obstruction. more than 1 person tripped on it.  

Ummm, thosec desserts look great.!

We are now in Ft Lauderdale at our hotel..hoping for  better weather  for tom.  Pouring here today! But much warmer than 31 deg when we left NY..

Hope those on board enjoy the last evening and have safe travels home

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

It is a dangerous ugly  obstruction. more than 1 person tripped on it.  

Ummm, thosec desserts look great.!

We are now in Ft Lauderdale at our hotel..hoping for  better weather  for tom.  Pouring here today! But much warmer than 31 deg when we left NY..

Hope those on board enjoy the last evening and have safe travels home

The ship is looking in tip top condition.  We are currently approaching Bahamas and weather is about 78 partially overcast and the seas are calming.  

097CAF4F-21D6-4CF3-9F88-3062C442E824.thumb.png.9359460169911789d8854c2f66c6ce42.png

Oh, dear Jim and lain I will miss following along with you.  Sadly, all good things must come to an end.  We simply must find a way to connect with one another on a future cruise.  Sadly it appears that it will not be on the Connie next November.  Safe travels back home and until we sail again...Trish and Karen

17 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Oh, dear Jim and lain I will miss following along with you.  Sadly, all good things must come to an end.  We simply must find a way to connect with one another on a future cruise.  Sadly it appears that it will not be on the Connie next November.  Safe travels back home and until we sail again...Trish and Karen

The last day at sea is always sad.    Really look forward to sailing with you again.     I'm so addicted to blogging that I'm going to go through withdrawals when we get home.

I will be perusing the books but have a few on my tablet just in case.

Glad ship is looking good..still not sure what time we'll head over. The notuxs said 12 30 due to the Coast Guard inspection

Had a nice flight down..it was pouring out.Luggage got soaked on the little trucks they use to bring it in....  After a nice lunch at Slackers, spent alot of time..hanging  and hair drying clothes.  Lots of plastic bags saved a worse mess...will repack in the morning

Thank you Jim for sharing  a great travel journey..safe travels home

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

I will be perusing the books but have a few on my tablet just in case.

Glad ship is looking good..still not sure what time we'll head over. The notuxs said 12 30 due to the Coast Guard inspection

Had a nice flight down..it was pouring out.Luggage got soaked on the little trucks they use to bring it in....  After a nice lunch at Slackers, spent alot of time..hanging  and hair drying clothes.  Lots of plastic bags saved a worse mess...will repack in the morning

Thank you Jim for sharing  a great travel journey..safe travels home

Have a wonderful cruise, hcat!  Enjoy your SV with the humongous balcony, the 4 MDR experience and the Edge Art Tour! Give Mr Edge a pat for me! 😊

• Like 1