Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Well, being from the Holy Land, "last super" for me has "another bad connotation"...

I understand, yet for some it is a 'Great Connotation', if not somber as well... in the end.

Thank you and bon voyage

• Thanks 1

Well I have never been on Celebrity so don’t follow but someone mentioned ‘this review in another thread which led me here yesterday.  I have just caught up to the end.  So glad I found it.

Your review and pictures were amazing, thank you so much for sharing.  I am now not only interested in seeing Greece but Celebrity Edge looks absolutely stunning. I find the food choices a little fancy for me as I am not very adventurous with food but I am sure I would not go hungry.   Suite Life would not happen for me though because I am very “thrifty” and plain balcony would do just fine.

I absolutely loved your pictures and videos.

P.S: I would quite enjoy shirtless guy as my smoking buddy:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

Well I have never been on Celebrity so don’t follow but someone mentioned ‘this review in another thread which led me here yesterday.  I have just caught up to the end.  So glad I found it.

Your review and pictures were amazing, thank you so much for sharing.  I am now not only interested in seeing Greece but Celebrity Edge looks absolutely stunning. I find the food choices a little fancy for me as I am not very adventurous with food but I am sure I would not go hungry.   Suite Life would not happen for me though because I am very “thrifty” and plain balcony would do just fine.

I absolutely loved your pictures and videos.

P.S: I would quite enjoy shirtless guy as my smoking buddy:)

Regardless of room selection you will find Celebrity has great food.    We enjoyed the selection in Oceanview when just wanting comfort food.   I especially like their salad bar and sometimes just a good baked potato.   

• Like 1

Jim, I really enjoyed your review and postings.  I learned things about the Edge from you while we were on it at the same time!  I’m sorry our paths didn’t cross.  Maybe next time!

I noted that you commented on the heat and humidity in Ft. Lauderdale....we felt that, too, and when we were outside it was about 7:45 a.m.....and then we got to Atlanta to find pouring rain and boy, it felt cold after all that mild weather we were blessed with on the trip.

Thanks for all your posts and for sharing the information with us all.  

Joanie

Thanks for the great review.  I've been gone a few days so just now finished up the last 6 pages or so.  Wondering what week your "placeholder" is on the Summit even though it sounds like you will be changing it.  We are on the 3/14 ABC trip.  Regardless, it's always great to travel along with you whenever and wherever you go!

• Like 1

Jim, thank you for this fantastic live review!  We were a bit iffy on doing Edge, but this review has us energized! We leave Dec. 15 on a Caribbean cruise and are so excited to discovery the uniqueness of this ship. 

It sounds like you had a wonderful experience in Luminae despite the increased suite capacity. I was a bit worried they might be overwhelmed, but now I see that was unwarranted. Pictures were to die for!

Best to you and Iain in your further adventures and  for your generosity towards fellow travelers. 

• Like 1

Someone on another forum sent me a link to this one to get more info on the Edge.  We've sailed on HAL a couple times but March 1 will be our first on Celebrity and are on the Edge for a western Caribbean cruise.  I'm hoping to pick up some tips as well as do's and don'ts for those of you with more experience.  Looking forward to it

19 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Jim, I really enjoyed your review and postings.  I learned things about the Edge from you while we were on it at the same time!  I’m sorry our paths didn’t cross.  Maybe next time!

I noted that you commented on the heat and humidity in Ft. Lauderdale....we felt that, too, and when we were outside it was about 7:45 a.m.....and then we got to Atlanta to find pouring rain and boy, it felt cold after all that mild weather we were blessed with on the trip.

Thanks for all your posts and for sharing the information with us all.  

Joanie

Thanks Joanie -

I really enjoyed following along with your postings.  I always enjoy how passengers experience the same cruise in both the same and different ways.  

I definitely felt the humidity on arrival.   We don't get much humidity in Silicon Valley, California.   Actually on the rare occasion we get humid weather they call it "Earthquake Weather", as it is as rare as an earthquake.

On 11/15/2019 at 8:42 AM, Bo1953 said:

LOL, not if they have another cruise planned, soon!

bon voyage

Just called the Zenith desk and had our place holder cruise changed to an Eastern Caribbean.   There is a reason for the change that only Iain could defend.    As we all know, Iain is a smoker and the prices of cigarettes are expensive.    U.S. Virgin Island has a special treaty that allows you to bring back 5x the regular  customs allocation.    He is planning on stocking up. 

It's only a 7 day cruise but sure we will find something to add on.   

18 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Thanks for the great review.  I've been gone a few days so just now finished up the last 6 pages or so.  Wondering what week your "placeholder" is on the Summit even though it sounds like you will be changing it.  We are on the 3/14 ABC trip.  Regardless, it's always great to travel along with you whenever and wherever you go!

We were originally booked on a cruise that leaves in 91 days.   I wasn't sure how the change or cancellation works on a free cruise.     We shifted to the Equinox March 14.   Now I need to find something with close by date to add an additional week or 2. 

15 hours ago, sunpsyche said:

Jim, thank you for this fantastic live review!  We were a bit iffy on doing Edge, but this review has us energized! We leave Dec. 15 on a Caribbean cruise and are so excited to discovery the uniqueness of this ship. 

It sounds like you had a wonderful experience in Luminae despite the increased suite capacity. I was a bit worried they might be overwhelmed, but now I see that was unwarranted. Pictures were to die for!

Best to you and Iain in your further adventures and  for your generosity towards fellow travelers. 

I think you will really enjoy your cruise.   To be honest with the increased passenger load in suites Luminae is set up to handle.   I did see a couple people on rare occasions that were given beepers and asked to have a drink in the Retreat and they would buzz them when table was available.

They have a Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager, Soner, that keep things moving. One think I like was that they attached a waiter to you after the first night and he stays with you for the complete cruise (or even a b2b), regardless of where you are seated.    It really helps having someone that gets to know your preferences and give you excellent service.   We had Kumar who was one of the best waiters we have ever had.  He has worked on Reflections and Summit.   Only complaint we would have is he would give us far to much to eat.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jonyboy said:

Someone on another forum sent me a link to this one to get more info on the Edge.  We've sailed on HAL a couple times but March 1 will be our first on Celebrity and are on the Edge for a western Caribbean cruise.  I'm hoping to pick up some tips as well as do's and don'ts for those of you with more experience.  Looking forward to it

Great.   I tell you, the folks here on the Celebrity Board are excellent and will go out of their way to find answers to any questions you may have.  I learn so much about Celebrity.  

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Great.   I tell you, the folks here on the Celebrity Board are excellent and will go out of their way to find answers to any questions you may have.  I learn so much about Celebrity.  

And I have so much to learn.  We've been on HAL before and were ready to book on HAL again but after talking to our TA and doing a little comparison shopping, we're booked on the Edge for March 1 but are not at all familiar with the do's and don'ts there

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think you will really enjoy your cruise.   To be honest with the increased passenger load in suites Luminae is set up to handle.   I did see a couple people on rare occasions that were given beepers and asked to have a drink in the Retreat and they would buzz them when table was available.

They have a Restaurant Manager and Assistant Restaurant Manager, Soner, that keep things moving. One think I like was that they attached a waiter to you after the first night and he stays with you for the complete cruise (or even a b2b), regardless of where you are seated.    It really helps having someone that gets to know your preferences and give you excellent service.   We had Kumar who was one of the best waiters we have ever had.  He has worked on Reflections and Summit.   Only complaint we would have is he would give us far to much to eat.  

We, too, were fortunate to have Kumar and agree that Luminae handled everything beautifully. DH, like Iain, had a few items from the kid's menu and they don't bat an eye. Also handle special request....with adequate lead time...the same way. Thanks, again, for taking us along. From your blog I've realize that another trip on EDGE is in order as there are some things we missed and others we'd like to experience again. 

Had a wonderful flight home but had a weird scheduling issue I have never experienced.    We arrived a a little early.   When we arrived at our gate for our connecting flight we realized our flight was delayed for 40 minutes.   The crew were there and boarded the plane.    About 30 minutes later the agent came in and said that we were to have weak headwinds so they delayed the flight do we would arrive on time.  *****.   They then got approval to leave on time and arrive early.  They then had to summon passengers back to gate.  

For lunch we had pulled pork sliders which were pretty good.  The second flight we had chicken which was as tough as rubber bands.  

No problem with heat and humidity in Detroit 

CDF18344-2190-4850-8BB3-8C88B8567E88.thumb.jpeg.6c5f7d5534015d1e06338df648ac81b9.jpeg

FF366A97-B7D6-4EC0-8EB5-666051C1993F.thumb.jpeg.f7aef8d4773ad8718edd87d340a1d624.jpeg

D0E65E9B-9C84-424B-B5D3-8DA308542E35.thumb.jpeg.b7e3371898b535548092c7d5d4f2a17b.jpeg

• Like 1