Jim_Iain – Edge Live Post – B2B – Greek Islands and West Bound TransAtlantic

Jim_Iain

On 12/2/2019 at 3:44 AM, hcat said:

A bit of rain here in Fl overnight....but snow is expected today in NY.  We'll be heading back for all  the holidays soon and to our new snowblower..ugh!

Next cruise  is not til May on Summit...Bayonne to Bewport Charleston and Bermuda.!

What's  next for you? 

Looks like NY will be COLD.   I sure don't miss that.    I was born in Syracuse and lived both Upstate and on Long Island.  Once I moved to California I don't even visit the snow.  We ***** and moan when the temperatures drop below 50.  I know... I know ... we are wimps.

Our next cruise is currently scheduled Equinox March 14.  Will probably add on a cruise before or after but waiting until after final payment.

3 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I’m just catching up on your wonderful blog. As always, your review is so helpful, and your photos are amazing. We sailed to the Aegean on our first cruise (Millie 2006) and we’re finally returning in May (Edge). Your photos remind me how much I loved the region. Thank you🌺

I hope you enjoy her.    Millie was our first ship also back in 2001.     I still have a special place in my heart for her.   Must say we loved the itinerary.

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Looks like NY will be COLD.   I sure don't miss that.    I was born in Syracuse and lived both Upstate and on Long Island.  Once I moved to California I don't even visit the snow.  We ***** and moan when the temperatures drop below 50.  I know... I know ... we are wimps.

Our next cruise is currently scheduled Equinox March 14.  Will probably add on a cruise before or after but waiting until after final payment.

We are also on that sailing in March. I’m sure I will see you around the ship!

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I hope you enjoy her.    Millie was our first ship also back in 2001.     I still have a special place in my heart for her.   Must say we loved the itinerary.

Thanks😊 We loved our TA on Edge this spring, so I'm sure we'll have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to pat Mr. Edge and visit all our favorite places on the ship.

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes-   Link below.    It was a nice cruise but quite rough.    There was a major storm in North Atlantic and we were forced as well as Queen Mary (in front of us) and Edge (in back of us) to go south of the Azores.    That made us one day late into Boston and all ports were slipped one day and Bahamas were cancelled.

Thanks.  Will check out your TA Cruise.  We usually take the QM2 when we're doing TAs, partially because they're out of Brooklyn and we live in NJ, but mostly because it's a real ocean liner and handles rough seas well.  We've had up to 30 foot swells on our eastbound TA once.

23 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

We are also on that sailing in March. I’m sure I will see you around the ship!

Look forward to it.    BTW -  check your prices -  I got an alert yesterday that the price of the cabins had dropped.

17 hours ago, eyecantwait said:

As is the case here in Central Florida right now....high today was maybe 60...ok, that's enough winter!

That would be pretty chilly for Florida.    Hope you have a nice warm jacket.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Look forward to it.    BTW -  check your prices -  I got an alert yesterday that the price of the cabins had dropped.

When the sale started a few days before Black Friday I contacted my TA almost immediately and would’ve saved $1500 for our 2 cabins. Less than an hour after that  the prices were up again and haven’t come down since. Unfortunately we missed out, but thanks for the heads up as I haven’t made final payment yet.