Royal Caribbean Website Pain

m3owbox

Is anyone having issues logging into your cruise planner? I log in, it shows me my cruise, I click on Plan My Cruise as I have always done - but now it spits me back out to the sign in page. I have tried all the typical things (different browsers, private mode, cookies, etc.). 🤬

I made final payment a week ago and this is the first time I have tried logging into cruise planner since then...

21 minutes ago, johnjen said:

My account still shows I don't have a balance due....I know, I am living in fantasy land, thinking there's this awesome mistake to my benefit! Don't dampen my temporary joy! LOL

Back Door still works. Go to the main RCL website and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. There's a "make a payment" link listed in the right hand column. It still works.

Capture.PNG

I find the RCCL site to be extremely "clunky" compared to NCL. I realize it may be just my lack of familiarity, but it is really difficult to navigate.

I've had my reservation number tattooed on my arm, because every time I go to do anything you have to enter it.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Back Door still works. Go to the main RCL website and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page. There's a "make a payment" link listed in the right hand column. It still works.

Capture.PNG

and THERE IT IS....the remaining balance. Wow, although I KNEW I owed, the fact that the main paying page shows no balance due and this one does PROVES HOW MESSED UP their databases truly are. Something isn't mapping up, their webmaster is NOT doing the job. Thanks for this.....

Edited by johnjen

I am also seeing "no payment due". I was also trying to book spas and it says none available. We are 144 days out on Majesty, so I was thinking either you must be paid in full, which I am trying to pay but it won't let or to far in advance. Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, SandiLynn said:

I am also seeing "no payment due". I was also trying to book spas and it says none available. We are 144 days out on Majesty, so I was thinking either you must be paid in full, which I am trying to pay but it won't let or to far in advance. Any ideas?

Call RC customer service (or your travel agent if you used one).

• 2 weeks later...

You may think the US (.com) website is bad.... the UK (.co.uk) website is worse!

I have reported several times that the 'make a payment' link does not work. For several cruises we have been unable to pay the balance online.

On our latest cruise I had the usual 'Pay remaining balance' but no way whatsoever to do so.

I had to go to the US site and use your 'make a payment link' located at the foot of the homepage, which actually 'works'!

Well, I got to the page to enter reservation details...

Unfortunately I received a server error when trying to pay on this occasion.

How can something so fundamental to the business be so broken, and has been so for months (for me)?

Yes, the cruise was booked direct.

Yes I cleared cache and cookies.

yes I tried different browsers.

In the end I rang in to make final payment. No issues at all there.

Yet, on my account I still have 'Pay remaining balance' even though it has been paid 'in full' for several weeks.

Broken... no other (acceptable) words for it really!

I received a phone call from a nice lady in the executive office acknowledging my issues and apologising for the frustration caused.

How difficult could it possibly be to add a 'one click' direct link to https://www.royalcaribbean.com/make-a-payment on the UK website, instead of:

manage my booking > pay for my cruise > sign in to my account > make a payment (which does not work!) ?????

I have another cruise requiring final payment in January, I guarantee the same situation will occur.

All I want really is for the problems to be addressed to avoid continual reoccurrence.

1 hour ago, icsys said:

All I want really is for the problems to be addressed to avoid continual reoccurrence.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

One must manage expectations when it comes to RCI IT.

Ask everything... expect nothing!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, airbus_guy said:

Anyone else having problems with Online Check-in? 

Also, have you tried the usual fixes:  clear cookies, clear cache, private browsing mode, different browser?

29 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Also, have you tried the usual fixes:  clear cookies, clear cache, private browsing mode, different browser?

Clearea - I have tried all of the usual fixes...still nothing! I also tried deleting my C&A number and saving, then re-entering!!

It is frustrating!!

I have just this second finished online check in for our January cruise with no problems.

Making payments online has been our recurring issue!

Maybe there are country specific access issues? Although I am logged in via royalcaribbean.com/account/

Edited by icsys

On 11/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, Host Clarea said:

That's really hard to believe!

Bob, there isn’t even an area to put in you c&a # or to enter discount codes like dp340 when trying to price a new cruise on the UK site...... that’s how bad it is!!!!

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

Bob, there isn’t even an area to put in you c&a # or to enter discount codes like dp340 when trying to price a new cruise on the UK site...... that’s how bad it is!!!!

Really too bad, the UK site was much more useful than the US website for several things.