Barcelona Hotel H10 Madison recommendation

Reesesinmiami

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, bigsky said:

Is it close to the cruise port?

Not really, but that would be an advantage. There is nothing to be gained by staying close to the port.

It is on the edge of the gothic quarter, 2 mins walk from the cathedral.

Edited by helpthejuggler

5 hours ago, bigsky said:

How far is it? Cruising out of there

Take a look on google maps, all will become clear.

Port is called Moll Adossat, hotel is at the far end of the gothic qtr as belowimage.thumb.png.028e67aa6df00909b6c164793d66e3f0.png

Hotel is in the city centre which is 15 mins or so in a taxi.

Don't let a few minutes difference in a taxi put you off. A good location to explore the city from is far more important.

When I mentioned the cathedral, bear in mind it is impressive, but don't confuse it with Sagrada Familia,, which is a Basilica a few miles away.

Edited by helpthejuggler

38 minutes ago, helpthejuggler said:

Take a look on google maps, all will become clear.

Port is called Moll Adossat, hotel is at the far end of the gothic qtr as below

Hotel is in the city centre which is 15 mins or so in a taxi.

Don't let a few minutes difference in a taxi put you off. A good location to explore the city from is far more important.

When I mentioned the cathedral, bear in mind it is impressive, but don't confuse it with Sagrada Familia,, which is a Basilica a few miles away.

Thank you for this info! I think we’ll book that hotel. Staying in Barcelona 3 days prior to cruise.

do u live there, or a fellow cruiser? We haven’t looked at what to do in each port yet as we have a lot going on right now. 

Any must visit if u live there?

4 hours ago, bigsky said:

Thank you for this info! I think we’ll book that hotel. Staying in Barcelona 3 days prior to cruise.

do u live there, or a fellow cruiser? We haven’t looked at what to do in each port yet as we have a lot going on right now. 

Any must visit if u live there?

I live in the UK, but have visited and stayed maybe 12 times, most recently twice in June.

3 days will be good to see the highlights

All of the Gaudi sights particularly Sagrada Familia pre book to go inside.

Placa Espanya then walk to Montjuic.

Pl. Catalunya the walk Las Ramblas (I like Ramblas less each time I visit).

Passieg de Gracia is beyond Pl Catalunya where Casa Mila and Casa Batllo are found.

Gothic area, Check the shows at the Palau de la Musica which is a few minutes walk from this hotel, but see it anyway for a visit. We saw a Grand Flamenco there. Placa Real, City Hall (Free on Sun morning).

Port Vell and the harbour, Olympic port area.

Churches, museums...Tripadvisor will give you tips.

You will not be short of things to see.

Use the Metro and bus network to make some journeys

• Like 1

6 hours ago, helpthejuggler said:

I live in the UK, but have visited and stayed maybe 12 times, most recently twice in June.

3 days will be good to see the highlights

All of the Gaudi sights particularly Sagrada Familia pre book to go inside.

Placa Espanya then walk to Montjuic.

Pl. Catalunya the walk Las Ramblas (I like Ramblas less each time I visit).

Passieg de Gracia is beyond Pl Catalunya where Casa Mila and Casa Batllo are found.

Gothic area, Check the shows at the Palau de la Musica which is a few minutes walk from this hotel, but see it anyway for a visit. We saw a Grand Flamenco there. Placa Real, City Hall (Free on Sun morning).

Port Vell and the harbour, Olympic port area.

Churches, museums...Tripadvisor will give you tips.

You will not be short of things to see.

Use the Metro and bus network to make some journeys

Thank you for all your tips! Are u going on this sailing?

i like Rick steves books, but we have many ports on this cruise. I’ll do my research as I do with all of our cruises. I’m glad I added a few days to check Barcelona out prior to. It’s a long flight for just a weeks cruise.

we just returned recently from Ireland. Wonderful place to visit if u haven’t been! Need to return!!

Have a good weekend

1 hour ago, bigsky said:

Thank you for all your tips! Are u going on this sailing?

i like Rick steves books, but we have many ports on this cruise. I’ll do my research as I do with all of our cruises. I’m glad I added a few days to check Barcelona out prior to. It’s a long flight for just a weeks cruise.

we just returned recently from Ireland. Wonderful place to visit if u haven’t been! Need to return!!

Have a good weekend

Not sure which sailing, but no cruises planned. Steves Med cruise ports is good if it covers your ports.

Barcelona is worth the time...

11 minutes ago, helpthejuggler said:

Not sure which sailing, but no cruises planned. Steves Med cruise ports is good if it covers your ports.

Barcelona is worth the time...

I didn’t know he had one to cover different ports! Have to ck that out. Thx!!

On 10/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, Reesesinmiami said:

Looking to book a hotel for our pre-cruise stay in Barcelona and the H10 Madison seems nice for the price. Anyone recommend it or have stayed there?

When are you going?  That hotel is right by the Via Laietana where huge protest marches are taking place.  If you are going in the next couple of weeks, you could find 300,000 people standing outside your door.  Otherwise, it is a very nice area and hotel. 

Look at this map with the location of the hotel and the road closure of Via Laeitana happening right now. 

image.thumb.png.f7a0219ef2c7ecfa229a747d1a9ac726.png

24 minutes ago, marazul said:

When are you going?  That hotel is right by the Via Laietana where huge protest marches are taking place.  If you are going in the next couple of weeks, you could find 300,000 people standing outside your door.  Otherwise, it is a very nice area and hotel. 

Look at this map with the location of the hotel and the road closure of Via Laeitana happening right now. 

image.thumb.png.f7a0219ef2c7ecfa229a747d1a9ac726.png

Not til next summer. Thanks for the heads up tho!