Two Speciality Dinners for Two Voucher

happytravellers2

Apologies if this has been asked before - but Search I didn’t find any posts.

Our reservation from our booking agent included a perk of “Two Speciality Dinners for Two ($100 value)”.

The agent advised that this would be in the form of a voucher in our welcome pack. 

We have the Speciality Dining Package for Two - so this is an additional perk. I want to pre-book our dining so would like to see how to plan our dinners. I “googled” this item and found an NCL item that said that it includes one dinner at Cagney’s or Le Bistro and one dinner at La Cucina or Moderno and includes gratuities. A quick sum suggests that in practice one dinner for two would use the voucher value. 

I am happy with however it works - it was an additional perk - but just want to understand how it will work so I can plan - we are planning to eat at Cagney’s and La Cucina anyway and so could use the voucher for one of those reservations.

Does anyone have experience of how this works in practice?

6 hours ago, happytravellers2 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before - but Search I didn’t find any posts.

Our reservation from our booking agent included a perk of “Two Speciality Dinners for Two ($100 value)”.

The agent advised that this would be in the form of a voucher in our welcome pack. 

We have the Speciality Dining Package for Two - so this is an additional perk. I want to pre-book our dining so would like to see how to plan our dinners. I “googled” this item and found an NCL item that said that it includes one dinner at Cagney’s or Le Bistro and one dinner at La Cucina or Moderno and includes gratuities. A quick sum suggests that in practice one dinner for two would use the voucher value. 

I am happy with however it works - it was an additional perk - but just want to understand how it will work so I can plan - we are planning to eat at Cagney’s and La Cucina anyway and so could use the voucher for one of those reservations.

Does anyone have experience of how this works in practice?

What you got from Mr. Google is a description of the certificates for top tier Latitudes members (often called Platinum certificates). This is NOT what you got. 

The only one who can answer your specific question is your travel agent. It is their promotion. If I take your description at face value, it says you get two free dinners for two at any restaurant. And the $100 notation is pure “feel good about yourself” advertising and not some sort of limit. 

If your travel agent can’t describe what their perk is, I would just make two additional dinner reservations and Adjust once I got on the ship and read the vouchers. 

Thanks BirdTravels,

I contacted the travel agency (one of the big online cruise agencies) and they confirmed that it will be “gifted” as $100 on board credit which we can use as we choose.

I’m happy as it was an additional “perk” over and above the Free at Sea perks we got from NCL.