Christmas lights?

isdoo

We use strings of small white lights (battery powered) all year round when we cruise.  We bring a colored glass or plastic container (sometimes large, sometimes smaller in size), put a bunch of the lights in it, and it makes for a festive take on our veranda.  Our butler has also brought us battery powered flameless candles when we have dined on our veranda in the evenings... and we bring several of our own as well.  

For the first time we will be sailing for Christmas, so we'll have to festoon the interior of our suite with them this go-round.  Might wind up bringing more decor than clothes this year, LOL!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MaggieAtSea said:

We use strings of small white lights (battery powered) all year round when we cruise.  We bring a colored glass or plastic container (sometimes large, sometimes smaller in size), put a bunch of the lights in it, and it makes for a festive take on our veranda.  Our butler has also brought us battery powered flameless candles when we have dined on our veranda in the evenings... and we bring several of our own as well.  

For the first time we will be sailing for Christmas, so we'll have to festoon the interior of our suite with them this go-round.  Might wind up bringing more decor than clothes this year, LOL!

Thanks 🙂

Which ship will you be on?

14 hours ago, isdoo said:

Anyone had any recent experience re battery or solar powered Christmas lights either in the cabin or on the balcony? 

We have in the past had them in the cabin. But just checking 🙂

isdoo - do you mean decorative "Holiday Lighting"?  I have not been able to find anything labeled Christmas lights in years at any store near me!:classic_smile:

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

isdoo - do you mean decorative "Holiday Lighting"?  I have not been able to find anything labeled Christmas lights in years at any store near me!:classic_smile:

No, holidays is what you do every time you go away for a week or two. More usually in the summer. 

Christmas is an event that is celebrated on December 25th. 

It is really very simple 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, isdoo said:

No, holidays is what you do every time you go away for a week or two. More usually in the summer. 

Christmas is an event that is celebrated on December 25th. 

It is really very simple 😉

Ok it seems simple but I bet you are not from the US??  :classic_smile: Here we go on vacations and we buy holiday lights.  🕯️ But we used to buy Christmas lights years ago.☃️

Several of the above posts are "War on Christmas!" nonsense.  There are several holidays during that period and not all of them are Christmas, and I'm not sure why it's so controversial in some corners to acknowledge that.  However, if you go to the Home Depot website right now, they are advertising "Christmas lights" as being on sale.  Ditto Lowe's and Walmart.

Hey, look at Target!

https://www.target.com/c/christmas-lights/-/N-5xt2w

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Several of the above posts are "War on Christmas!" nonsense.  There are several holidays during that period and not all of them are Christmas, and I'm not sure why it's so controversial in some corners to acknowledge that.  However, if you go to the Home Depot website right now, they are advertising "Christmas lights" as being on sale.  Ditto Lowe's and Walmart.

Hey, look at Target!

https://www.target.com/c/christmas-lights/-/N-5xt2w

Hey just having some fun.