Celebrity Phone App

Igggy

I haven't sailed yet, but I put the app on my phone.  I understand that it will make boarding much easier since it has all the required embarkation info on it!

Once I get on the ship, the phone goes in the safe where it will stay for the duration of the cruise...so whatever usefulness it has will be lost on me.

1 hour ago, Igggy said:

What are folks using this for? I'm not seeing any real utility.

Personally I love the app, it has let me quickly and easily complete all check-in requirements, including taking our photos and scanning our passports.

It has let me review menus, explore the deck plans and track our excursions as we book them on the calendar.

Once onboard it will update with the latest schedules and event times etc. and let me keep an eye on any spending if I wish 🙂

I'm sure it is not essential but I'm finding it an excellent tool so far.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Personally I love the app, it has let me quickly and easily complete all check-in requirements, including taking our photos and scanning our passports.

It has let me review menus, explore the deck plans and track our excursions as we book them on the calendar.

Once onboard it will update with the latest schedules and event times etc. and let me keep an eye on any spending if I wish 🙂

Everything Mark said plus when we checked in we just walked on board.  

My cruise is still 3 weeks away, but it's neat reading the menus, etc ahead of time.  My question is - "does the app still work on the ship if we don't have wifi"?  (other than show the original info) 

12 minutes ago, tartana said:

My cruise is still 3 weeks away, but it's neat reading the menus, etc ahead of time.  My question is - "does the app still work on the ship if we don't have wifi"?  (other than show the original info) 

Yes, the app works and updates onboard without a wifi package. The app and a few news websites partnering with Celebrity can be accessed by all guests free of charge. The news websites are linked on the "front page" when accessing the onboard wifi.

2 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

Yes, the app works and updates onboard without a wifi package. The app and a few news websites partnering with Celebrity can be accessed by all guests free of charge. The news websites are linked on the "front page" when accessing the onboard wifi.

awesome - thanks for the info :) 

1 minute ago, tartana said:

awesome - thanks for the info 🙂

Forgot to ask, which ship are you on? The app only works on these ships at this time:

- Celebrity Constellation
- Celebrity Edge
- Celebrity Equinox
- Celebrity Millennium
- Celebrity Reflection
- Celebrity Summit

1 minute ago, mikkelhansen said:

Forgot to ask, which ship are you on? The app only works on these ships at this time:

- Celebrity Constellation
- Celebrity Edge
- Celebrity Equinox
- Celebrity Millennium
- Celebrity Reflection
- Celebrity Summit

Summit 

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

How do you scan your passport?  I tried to put my photo on the app with no luck.  Then I read that more often than not, a new photo is suggested when you get to the dock so I stopped trying!

49 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

How do you scan your passport?  I tried to put my photo on the app with no luck.  Then I read that more often than not, a new photo is suggested when you get to the dock so I stopped trying!

I was using an iPhone, so not sure if it is different on Android, but for the photo it just uses the selfie camera on the front of the phone and you just use the head & shoulders outline it puts on screen to line up the shot and take your own photo.

For the passport, it uses the camera on the back of the phone, just use the image on screen to get the whole of the passport page in view and it grabs the details it needs automatically.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mark_T said:

I was using an iPhone, so not sure if it is different on Android, but for the photo it just uses the selfie camera on the front of the phone and you just use the head & shoulders outline it puts on screen to line up the shot and take your own photo.

For the passport, it uses the camera on the back of the phone, just use the image on screen to get the whole of the passport page in view and it grabs the details it needs automatically.

Thanks...I'll give it a try.  I do have an iPhone so hopefully that will work.

Appreciate the help.

Susan

We were on the Summit last month.  I loved the app. 

We had our Express Passes download on the app, and used them to check in at the pier (the first time we've ever checked in without using printed passes).   And since we'd already uploaded our security photos, the check in took about two seconds.

On board, it was terrific to have the daily schedule right on my phone (be sure to set the filter to "all" activities, instead of the default, which is "recommended").   Great to be able to see menus.   And it was fun to be able to see where the ship was (using the graphic of the ship on the app).

Enjoy!

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Can also do a screen capture of the passes so you can view the image with the barcode without the app.

I did save screen shots on my phone AND had paper copies -- belts as well as suspenders.  But since the app worked fine, I never had to use the backups, so I can't say whether the screen shot would work.  However, I don't see why it wouldn't -- they just need to be able to scan the bar code.  But unless someone can confirm they have done it that way, I'd still bring paper.   😉  [It's not clear from your comment whether you actually used the screen shot version.]

Edited by Turtles06

Haven't tried it yet, but it is SOP for me with airline travel.

Can't see why it wouldn't work though.

Wouldn't hurt to get the app compatible with the Apple Wallet so you can keep the passes in there just like airline boarding cards.