Pay for Perks Fleetwide

esm54687

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4621/

Well, let the questions begin:

If I'm travelling with family or friends and I choose to Pay for Perks and they don't..... with early checkin / boarding / tendering..... can I just have them accompany me?? 

or

Do you think there will be an issue if I have them order room service from my room... that way they get room service for free?? 

or

can I take multiple spa credits from people who aren't using them to combine into a big spa day for myself??

buckle up...... 

2 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

If I'm travelling with family or friends and I choose to Pay for Perks and they don't..... with early checkin / boarding / tendering..... can I just have them accompany me?? 

Pricing is per cabin, so those in your cabin can go with you, those not in a cabin that has purchased the perk cannot.

or

Do you think there will be an issue if I have them order room service from my room... that way they get room service for free?? 

Pricing is per cabin, so  you can order room to your cabin probably capped at a meal per passanger.  Probably can't order 8 dinners in a cabin for two.

or

can I take multiple spa credits from people who aren't using them to combine into a big spa day for myself??

Pricing is per cabin, so there is one spa credit per cabin, and perks that are associated to a cabin are non-transferable.

• Voyages of 1 to 5 Days: $99 per cabin
  • Voyages 6 to 9 Days: $179 per cabin
  • Voyages 10 to 15 Days: $249 per cabin
  • Voyages over 16 Days: $299 per cabin

12 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4621/

Well, let the questions begin:

or

or

buckle up...... 

I agree with the above poster on most points.  I am less certain that they will limit Howe much food can be ordered for room service breakfast, but I cannot imagine why many of your friends would cram into your cabin for room service breakfast (unless they are in a connecting cabin).  As they are up and dressed, they might as well get a hotter breakfast with more selections at a public venue and eat at a proper table.

I personally do not see the appeal of this program, but for those that do, enjoy.

Edited by Starry Eyes

7 minutes ago, FitchburgWIFamily said:
  • Voyages of 1 to 5 Days: $99 per cabin
  • Voyages 6 to 9 Days: $179 per cabin
  • Voyages 10 to 15 Days: $249 per cabin
  • Voyages over 16 Days: $299 per cabin

I think my sarcasm was missed.......   my point was that everyone asks about sharing PBP or the SDP or "my third cousin's mistress is travelling in an inside cabin but my third cousin is travelling in the Haven so is it OK for her to just tag along and get benefits she isn't entitled to since she's going to be alone?" 

But thank you for being so kind to take the time to answer thinking I was serious. 

• Like 4

We just got this a few days ago for our cruise on Dec. 8th. We were already going to spend at least $100 in the spa and our plane lands in Miami at 7am the morning of our departure so we'll pretty much just be waiting to board from 8:30 on. Without those exact circumstances I highly doubt that it would ever be worth it to us. 

34 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

What are the perks that are included?  

Norwegian’s Priority Access Perks Include:

• Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding
  • Priority tendering (Off the ship)
  • Priority Debarkation in Home Port
  • Access to a Daily, Complimentary Standard Room Service Breakfast Menu
  • A $50 Spa Credit (for services on port days only)
  • Canapes (delivered on Day 2 of the cruise)

OK—let’s quantify:

$50 on spa services, port days - are there any $50 services?  Perhaps a mani?  For the rest you have to spend over and above—although if you love the spa, I can imagine getting 4 spa days if you don’t care about ports, so that does pay for the deal.

priority embarkation/debarkation - interesting to see how that works out.  It’s behind platinum and Haven, so if you are either, zero value

1 day canapés - you can help yourself at the buffet

Priority tendering - that’s sweet, perhaps again behind platinum and haven?

Free room service - at $7.95 per room service, that CAN add up if you are a room service fan

Verdict - if you are willing to spend extra on spa and come back early (can’t miss the priority tender, IF you have tender ports) and if you would order room service anyway (don’t forget the extra $ you will spend for the obligatory tip) you can potentially get your $$ out of it - 20 room services, no make that 21, if I did the math right, will cover the cost, or sone combo of room service and $50 discount at the spa.

The $50 spa discount got my attention, but at 1/cabin seems like I’d be spending so much more on spa services otherwise that it would cost me to save $.

I am toying with the thought of doing this, had the vibe last time on getaway and would like to get again, forgot to go online for specialty dining and make reservations for this cruise So only late times left and while I am diving in Cozumel gf has spa day planned, turn platinum after next cruise over so can’t see using it again after this cruise though, but boarding early to accomplish dining and vibe will make cruise a little more enjoyable so why not....

Finally NCL rolls something out that I have no interest in.  I’m addicted to Vibe, won’t cruise without the upgraded  premium plus drink package now, always buy a spa pass......but this does absolutely nothing for me.  Thank goodness since my add ons were starting to cost a small fortune!

Thank you for posting this.   We leave on our cruise in 3 weeks and I just called and paid $236 cdn to get his added on.   I love cruising but my husband hates the crowds and the lining up (once he’s on-board he loves the experience).   This is only our third cruise so we have awhile to go before we get the platinum perks.  

It seems that on my recent cruises there have been large numbers of Platinum Plus and Platinum cruisers (like in the hundreds) so even if you had this perk, your chances of getting a Vibe pass are not that great.  And as was mentioned above, $50 spa credit isn't going to give you much and would reduce a massage by a third or so (not counting tip).  On my one and only Carnival cruise I did pay $49 for Faster to the Fun but that was only because you got access to your Cabin as soon as you boarded and a priority Guest Services line, both of which I thought were worth the money.  The NCL offer, not so much.

Its a cheap rip off of Royal's Key program.  Royal's Key program offers so much more.  It offers priority reserved seating at all shows, specialty restaurant embarkation day lunch, specialty restaurant disembarkation day breakfast, and embarkation day carry on luggage day storage.  The priority disembarkation is not cutting the line either.  Royal provides a completely separate gangway for its Key program guests.

I laugh at NCL's $50 spa credit.  That only encourages you to spend money in the spa because there are few treatments around $50.

But I imagine there will be plenty of people that sign up for this even though IMHO there is not much value based on price.

Actually looking at it, at 179$ it does not represent good value for money at all.  Have you seen the FAQs on NCL website?  The Spa credit is per person but can only be used on face/body treatments over 50 minutes so no getting a free manicure (ladies) or free shave (gents)

https://www.ncl.com/es/en/priority-access-faq

14 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

"As such, members of Norwegian Cruise Line's Latitudes past guest loyalty program who are eligible to receive priority embarkation will be called for boarding prior to anyone who has purchased the Priority Access program."...

Sure, no confusion whatsoever. It will all go smoothly...🙄

I  was thinking the same thing...as a platinum I would expect to board before the priority access and after suite guests, also should have priority tender before those that paid but confusion will be certain.  Maybe they will have another waiting area for those that bought priority access because I know in Miami the priority waiting are is not that large.

For me personally, it has no appeal, but perhaps for others it might make sense.

For those who really want room service breakfast every morning, it holds some value.

If one wants to go to the spa on a port day, it may hold some value (especially if it can be combined with those ubiquitous port day spa specials) if the coupon aligns with  desired treatments.  Of course, if one plans to be off the ship on excursions on port days, this may not be so valuable.

Priority tendering may help on some cruises.  But not all cruises require tendering or even when they do, some do not require tender tickets, so priority is not applicable.  And if latitudes, haven and shore excursion participants all have priority (maybe higher priority), it may not mean as much as the purchaser hopes.  So maybe.

If early boarding is after Haven, wheelchairs, and latitudes guests, it will not be especially early.  A few minutes?  It might matter for Vibe passes, if that is the goal, but for real enjoyment of the cruise, it seems minimal to me.  It is not as though you get access to your cabin as Carnival grants; that seems more valuable.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

If early boarding is after Haven, wheelchairs, and latitudes guests, it will not be especially early.  A few minutes?  It might matter for Vibe passes, if that is the goal, but for real enjoyment of the cruise, it seems minimal to me.  It is not as though you get access to your cabin as Carnival grants; that seems more valuable.

Thanks for making this distinction.

21 hours ago, esm54687 said:

I think my sarcasm was missed.......   my point was that everyone asks about sharing PBP or the SDP or "my third cousin's mistress is travelling in an inside cabin but my third cousin is travelling in the Haven so is it OK for her to just tag along and get benefits she isn't entitled to since she's going to be alone?" 

But thank you for being so kind to take the time to answer thinking I was serious. 

I knew you were kidding. 😉

Priority tendering-   For Latitudes Platinum and above is simply joining the line and not needing tender tickets.    And certainly-  there can be hundreds on board that already qualify.  

I think there here will be big problems in ports with critical timing and people expecting to just walk up to a tender without waits.  Thinking they are “special “.