Quiet Cabin Locations? Your knowledge please!

ABoatNerd

Greetings everyone:

Working on booking my first PG!

I am very sensitive to noise due to health and medication. I have viewed all the PG reviews for the past long while and have a general idea to keep cabins above and below - but since the PG is a small vessel, that can be a bit limiting.

Thinking about 2 categories of cabins:

Cat B - Veranda - Range 813, 811,809 - My concern is the sun deck above - Does this transmit noise?  There was a review of cabin 805 that said the room was "exceedingly quiet". I am concerned about the sun deck above.

Cat C - Balcony - Range 705 to 703 and 706 to 706 - Just wondering what the blank space is in the middle? There appears to be a narrow corridor with doors opposite 706 and 707, is that a service room?    Cat C seems to have cabins above and below in this specific area.

Your knowledge would be very gratefully appreciated.

Thank you kindly

1 hour ago, ABoatNerd said:

Greetings everyone:

Working on booking my first PG!

I am very sensitive to noise due to health and medication. I have viewed all the PG reviews for the past long while and have a general idea to keep cabins above and below - but since the PG is a small vessel, that can be a bit limiting.

Thinking about 2 categories of cabins:

Cat B - Veranda - Range 813, 811,809 - My concern is the sun deck above - Does this transmit noise?  There was a review of cabin 805 that said the room was "exceedingly quiet". I am concerned about the sun deck above.

Cat C - Balcony - Range 705 to 703 and 706 to 706 - Just wondering what the blank space is in the middle? There appears to be a narrow corridor with doors opposite 706 and 707, is that a service room?    Cat C seems to have cabins above and below in this specific area.

Your knowledge would be very gratefully appreciated.

Thank you kindly

805 will indeed be very quiet  ... I've stayed in 806, was the most quiet of any cabin we've stayed in on the PG. Forward in the 700's should be quiet and the area you mentioned I believe is an officer cabin  .... may be wrong on that but I think that is correct.

How late in the morning do you need it to be quiet? We are always up by 6:30, and ready for breakfast at 7:00. We have always stayed on deck 8, once in 818 and the last 2 times in 808, and have another cruise scheduled in 818 next year. The sun deck above deck 8 is rarely used in the morning. Passengers are not allowed to go up there  before 8:30.

I agree with TBK that the unmarked space on deck 7 forward is an officer cabin. I would expect it to be the Captain's cabin since it's behind the Captain's reception lounge. The Captain and a number of other officers normally have a table reserved for them outside at La Veranda for breakfast. They normally start showing up when the restaurant opens at 7, so they would be moving about the officer's cabin area and bridge just before 7. I wouldn't expect to hear them since I haven't noticed the sound of doors opening and closing on deck 8, and I wouldn't expect the bridge crew to be loud talkers.

The ship often drops anchor before 7, and it anchors almost all mornings. We don't hear it on deck 8, but someplace lower, toward the front of the ship, is going to hear it. I don't know if that will be on deck 7 or lower than that. Maybe someone else on the board has experience with that.

• 4 weeks later...

I just returned from a 7 day cruise in Cabin 811. With the exception of a neighbor on one side who had long, loud phone conversations with her kids every day we were in port, while sitting on her veranda, the room was also "exceedingly quiet". No ship noise whatsoever, and no noise from above. On our last cruise we were in 727, and we heard noise from the tenders being lowered, as well as the pool deck chairs being moved every morning/evening. Not terribly loud, but if you are sensitive to noise, stay clear of the tenders.

Edited by MrRandal