Meraviglia New York-Canada-Miami Oct/Nov '19

Beamafar

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It would be nice to figure out how many different menus there are.  So far I have found 8 dinner and 7 lunch (and 1 breakfast).  It's also harder to get pictures of the dessert menus, because they aren't presented at the beginning of dinner and then people forget later.  If YC menus are set by corporate, it would be nice to create a sticky with good shots of all of them.  [I can do that, if you send the pictures.]

I think you've commented on at least one of my review threads, I tried to post as many menus as I could as part of those, but as you say, the dessert menu is easy to forget as it isn't displayed alongside the rest of the menu (except at lunch).

Feel free to take any pictures you want from either of my threads for a master list of menus (assuming they are up to a decent standard!).

I think it's easier on other cruise lines because in small print at the bottom it usually says (1/14, 2/14, 3/14 etc.) so you can even guess the order - not so with MSC! 😞

Yes, your menu photos have been very clear.  But I was thinking that now that you're on a 23-night cruise, you will surely see all the menus (plus some dups).  That's how we can figure out how many there are, and be sure the sticky has them all.

38 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

OK ... I'll try to post the menus from now (day 3).  There was a bit of a mix-up with a couple of previous menus which I won't go into now.

Thanks.  I'll start the sticky.

• Like 1

I doubt it'll be available again before we head to the Caribbean on the sailing of the 28th.  We're heading north so chamces are weather is going to get colder and each day is getting further into Autumn, too, with the days getting ever shorter.

I hope you had some real lobsta while in Baa Haabaa.

BTW I have created a sticky with all the menus I had collected – and now suspect that MSC doesn't do the rotation of fixed menu approach I'm used to from Celebrity.  I'm seeing a continuous variation of mixed and matched menu choices.  This is great – more variety on board – but it will make my sticky exercise futile.  We'll see.

We're not lobster eaters so had to pass 😱  Got some caramel popcorn in the popcorn shop, though! 😁

20191020_115505.thumb.jpg.4b02e9b5ffd7f13d01bf45e960ee084a.jpg

20191020_120455.thumb.jpg.55bb08f3024495b8f085e617cfabe465.jpg

I think the sticky will work in the sense that it will give an overall idea of the types of dishes that MSC does offer overall, so I don't think you'll toil in vain.  😀

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I doubt it'll be available again before we head to the Caribbean on the sailing of the 28th.  We're heading north so chamces are weather is going to get colder and each day is getting further into Autumn, too, with the days getting ever shorter.

It is indeed getting a bit nippy as fall sets in, but your weather outlook for St-John’s and Halifax calls for “balmy” 14 and 15C maximums. You can pretty much forget about the One Pool grill, and may have to shoo polar bears from the pool deck in the morning.

• Haha 4

On 10/20/2019 at 12:12 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

Purely in the interests of research 😂 we've been to the Brass Anchor and I can confirm there is Strongbow available on tap.

Whilst I'm delighted as I know it's had its own thread virtually recently...

Strongbow is not cider and almost a crime against the product 😂

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I have to admit that, having experienced the YIN on Seaview for 7 nights, I was less than enthusiastic about 23 nights here!  However, I have absolutely no problems at all and am not missing having a balcony.  I think the Seaview experience acclimatised me to it.

Bea

I am so relieved to read this as I had assured you more than once that the YIN would meet your needs (relative to pricing compared to YC1), based on our Meraviglia experience in same! After reading your opinion with Seaview YIN my heart sank, but feeling much better for you now.

We also had Nespresso paraphernalia and fruit removed from the unit top area, and it made such a difference.

Bar Harbour is awesome, especially in beautiful sunshine as you enjoyed. Thoroughly appreciating your thread, do keep it coming please.

• Like 2

I concur with regards to the storage, it was an area of concern. We also have 3 cases &  around 70kg of luggage plus a carry on.

Clothes for the Caribbean are still in one case under the bed and I've used magnetic hooks to hang dresses in front of the tv. We've found it very manageable. Likewise the bathroom, its not vast but perfectly adequate. I'm probably an average height and build but haven't had any issues with the shower either. 

So far the weather has been kind which is also very welcome. 

13 hours ago, citizenfrank said:

Whilst I'm delighted as I know it's had its own thread virtually recently...

Strongbow is not cider and almost a crime against the product 😂

Feel free to stock the Brass Anchor with your favourite tipple and make sure it's covered under my Prem+ drinks package, Frank! :classic_biggrin:

Today's lunch menu

20191021_154905.thumb.jpg.a2a165aa8e233268e0fa6b78eb8552ca.jpg

Tonight's menu

20191021_155002.thumb.jpg.336735dc3c8d5a07fe28ec033ce053dd.jpg

20191021_155002.thumb.jpg.336735dc3c8d5a07fe28ec033ce053dd.jpg

We had the most wonderful excursion in St John today so weren't onboard for lunch.  We don't fancy anything on tonight's menu so we're going to Butcher's Cut. 

I won't be posting about our experiences in the various ports til I get home as I really don't have the time to write about them.  Too busy enjoying every moment ot this trip.

DH is in rude good health and is making up for missing his Johnnie Walker Blue on Seaview by enjoying one or two onboard here.  😁😁😁

20191021_155020.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We had a balmy day in Boston as well today! The last large ship until Meraviglia's arrival was in port today (Regal Princess). The rest of the week (Thursday) we have some small ships coming in. The season is winding down! The weather for Saturday is looking sunny, but cooler... in the 50s F.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

We had a balmy day in Boston as well today! The last large ship until Meraviglia's arrival was in port today (Regal Princess). The rest of the week (Thursday) we have some small ships coming in. The season is winding down! The weather for Saturday is looking sunny, but cooler... in the 50s F.

I arrive tomorrow, so glad the east coat for cast is generally good!

Think Anthem is in port too at the weekend....Great ship.

9 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Feel free to stock the Brass Anchor with your favourite tipple and make sure it's covered under my Prem+ drinks package, Frank! :classic_biggrin:

Well everything will be included in my plus package .....along with no calories it's the law of the Sea! 

• Like 1