Sporadically Live on the mystery cruise on the Navigator 10/15/19-10/25/19

califsealion

Mudhen, Sealion, and all the other "new friends" we met on this cruise - Mary and I had a wonderful time on the Navigator and we certainly enjoyed meeting all of you.  Despite the 2 ports we missed due to weather, Portland worked out well as a last minute substitute.  Kudos to the entire crew for making the trip so wonderful - particular the dining, the service, and the production shows. For the most part, the weather was fine and the beautiful weather we had in Bermuda, our last port, was the "icing on the cake"!  We thoroughly enjoyed the entire cruise.  Best Regards to all!  Now, to get through the long wait until the next cruise!

@Mudhen We did meet at the meet and mingle part briefly, as well as chatting a bit in one of the hot tubs one day, but there were a lot of names and faces to remember!  If you are thinking of trying expedition cruising, better to try one sooner rather than later!  That being said, I did an Antarctica trip last year and there was an 87 year old woman across the hall from my friend and me.  She needed to bag her last continent.  I think she enjoyed herself as much as any of us, though she wasn't able to do as much.

I was trying to finish up my last post when suddenly I had co-workers who decided if I actually had free time on my lunch at work, it really meant I wanted to sit and chat with them.  It reminded me of when I sit on the couch to read and suddenly my dog thinks it is play time.

Anyways, I was trying to sum up by saying, I did really enjoy the trip.  Not sure how my cruise plans are going to look in the future.  I'm not sure I'll be able to cruise for a bit as my mom ages and I'm the responsible party involved.  But once I start again, it's one of those things, do I do an expensive cruise every couple years on a Regent ship or an expedition ship?  Or do I try a mainline cruise line because maybe I'd rather go on a couple cruises a year instead?  I have been on a short Holland America Line cruise a few years back, and enjoyed that cruise also.  That was before my Regent cruises, though.  Hopefully I'm not forever spoiled!  I won't totally vanish from the boards - I plan to keep reading the live threads so I can continue to live vicariously through others!  So if anyone else is still listening, keep posting those live threads!  😃

• Thanks 1