Live from the Sky Princess Med Inaugural

dides

Hi everyone, we arrived in Athens this afternoon and will board the Sky Princess Inaugural 7 day on Sunday.

I thought I would start the thread now so you can line up questions or photo requests in advance - we loved running around the Majestic Princess on her preview cruise in 2017 trying to find everything!

Feel free to chip in if you are also on the cruise.

Background: we are Sandra and Chris from London UK. Both still working full-time but addicted to cruises plus we also blog about them for fun.  We are Elite on Princess and are booked into a forward Premium Suite on the Sky - only our 2nd suite so we are by no means experts!

Really looking forward to trying out the new features including Take 5 and the re-designed Princess Live plus we hope to try out the Sanctuary if we can. 

Will do our best to help with requests  so fire away - will post updates regularly - if MedallionNet allows us to!

Sandra and Chris

Edited by dides
  • Like 5

definitely following as we will be on the 2nd inaugural out of PE/FLL

take 5 lounge ... looking to see if a server that was on the CB in May got the transfer she wanted ...

don't remember her name, but she was wonderful, funny, did a mean shaker dance for martini's

4 minutes ago, dides said:

Hi everyone, we arrived in Athens this afternoon and will board the Sky Princess Inaugural 7 day on Sunday.

I thought I would start the thread now so you can line up questions or photo requests in advance - we loved running around the Majestic Princess on her preview cruise in 2017 trying to find everything!

Feel free to chip in if you are also on the cruise.

Background: we are Sandra and Chris from London UK. Both still working full-time but addicted to cruises plus we also blog about them for fun.  We are Elite on Princess and are booked into a forward Premium Suite on the Sky - only our 2nd suite so we are by no means experts!

Really looking forward to trying out the new features including Take 5 and the re-designed Princess Live plus we hope to try out the Sanctuary if we can. 

Will do our best to help with requests so fire away!

Sandra and Chris

Near the end of your cruise, could you let us know if the al fresco dining at La Mer specialty restaurant and Alfredo's is a hit or a bust.  I know a lot of people are not pleased with that use of the promenade deck and the loss of the Crooners bar.

I noticed on the deck plans for the Enchanted and the Discovery ships that Crooners has been restored but on deck 6 so I believe Princess paid attention to all the complaints about having no Crooners on the Sky.  I wonder if the Sky will have Crooners restored in the future.  Thank you for your review of this new ship.

• Like 3

Interested in seeing:

1. What specialty and brewed coffee is available on Lido deck in morning

2. If escape room is up and running yet

3. spa specials pricing

4. performance of medallionnet

5. movies on MUTS

6. Is the excitement level shared by the crew? 
7. Pics of lounges

8. are there really no pools with stairs other than the enclave?

9. seating available at aft area near bar (pics)

10. Is there a library somewhere? If not, where do you get games and stuff?

Thanks! all I can think of for now. Need to leave some surprises! Will be on inaugural transatlantic.

• Like 1

Thanks, dides.  Also, thanks for the pictures that you have been posting.  I have really been enjoying them.  

Rarely do I take someone up on an offer like yours, because I don’t want to interfere in your Holiday.  But, it seems that you enjoy an initial ‘Scavenger Hunt’ on a new ship!  I just have one question, as you could surmise from my posts and pictures on the Sky Suite.  Is the area shown in red below open solely for the Sky Suite? And, if so, why is there a door both into the ship hallway and another glass one between the two areas of the deck (shown in the green circle on my pic).

Don’t take too much of your ship time if it isn’t evident!  Thanks for your offer.

We are on her in three times in the next 3 months!  Like you we love to test drive new Princess Ships!

Safe Journeys. Paul

37083012-5302-45EE-B1F2-3FFCD2BC4842.jpeg

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

definitely following as we will be on the 2nd inaugural out of PE/FLL

take 5 lounge ... looking to see if a server that was on the CB in May got the transfer she wanted ...

don't remember her name, but she was wonderful, funny, did a mean shaker dance for martini's

Are you referring to Junella by any chance? If so, last I saw on Facebook was that she did not get an assignment on the Sky. 😢 She is indeed a gem and we are always so happy to see her on our cruises.

• Like 1

Who is the Captain and will he be aboard for the TA? I'm on that sailing and looking forward to your reports

And does Alfredos have the expanded menu in the evenings?

Edited by DougH