Live from the Sky Princess Med Inaugural

dides

I've seen the photos of the premium suite(and thank the op for those :) ), but am searching high and low for photos of the S3 penthouse suite and balcony (preferably on the dolphin deck which we have booked)). Has anyone seen or heard of any photos of these cabins floating around out there ?

4 hours ago, dides said:

There is some cover for the Alfresci Dining areas but it's not full cover

20191024_144739.thumb.jpg.02e17be19f6e226610211079a55f2288.jpg

20191024_144729.thumb.jpg.a965c77f7bc158ae931aed5a2b33f16b.jpg

Sandra and Chris

Th

4 hours ago, dides said:

There is some cover for the Alfresci Dining areas but it's not full cover

20191024_144739.thumb.jpg.02e17be19f6e226610211079a55f2288.jpg

20191024_144729.thumb.jpg.a965c77f7bc158ae931aed5a2b33f16b.jpg

Sandra and Chris

Thanks for all your information and pics. Do you have any idea of how this partial cover will affect the views from the balconies directly above? Have people been using this alfresco dining area at all hours?

On 10/22/2019 at 1:03 AM, dides said:

Yes there is a USB port and 2 HDMI inputs and the ability to screencast from tablets. You can switch to these sources using buttons in the middle of the screen underneath the LG logo. (thanks to Chris for the tech support!)

Sandra and Chris

What kind of tablets are you screen casting from?

10 hours ago, dides said:

Captain announced that the ship still plans to dock in Barcelona despite the protests going on but they will be changing some of the excursions to avoid certain locations

Sandra and Chris

Phew! Would have been disappointed to arrive in Barcelona tomorrow morning and find the ship wasn’t there 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Phew! Would have been disappointed to arrive in Barcelona tomorrow morning and find the ship wasn’t there 🤣

We also had an official communication with our patter last night

20191026_093559.thumb.jpg.868ad8058d46bf677e54240b5407d342.jpg

Sandra and Chris

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

What kind of tablets are you screen casting from?

Android tablet and phones - it should work out of the box on these. Chris says you will need to download an app called Aircast to get to work on Apple devices

Sandra and Chris

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, h-sar said:

Thank you so much for the dinner menus! I’m excited at the prospect of French onion soup now being one of the features on the daily favourites. Fingers crossed. 

A couple of things I’m hoping you’ll be able to comment on...

1. Does the new back pool make the outside seating area behind the buffet a little bit rowdy or noisy? I always enjoyed sitting back there, especially in the late evenings.

2. (If you use it...) Does the more extensive new menu in the outdoor hamburger grill greatly increase the wait times in line? I liked being able to grab a quick bite of fresh, hot fries and am wondering if that’ll now mean a long wait with the different burgers, tacos, etc that will be available.

3. And again, only if you used it...did the food/drinks you ordered through your medallion via cell phone arrive pretty quickly or were there long waits?

4. Can people walk thought the outdoor Alfredo’s and Le Mer seating area or is it blocked off? 

Thank you in advance! Some of the above you might not be able to answer until later into the cruise. 

So grateful to you both for taking on this extra work in answering all our queries. You have made some friends for life 😊.

1. Not seen anyone in the wakeview pool yet but we have only ventured up there a couple of times. 

2. When we went to the grill there were always about 6 people in the queue - generally just ordering the hamburger, cheeseburger or hot dog. The Ernesto has a 20-25 minute wait time.

3. Drinks and food on Ocean Now usually arrive reasonably quickly - Chris has used it about 20 times in total. Only issue has been not getting coverage in certain locations but that has improved over the cruise.

4. Alfredos is blocked off from the main thoroughfare so not an issue. La Mer does include it but there are only a few tables on the edge - the bulk are away from it. A much better layout than on Majestic.

Sandra and Chris

Edited by dides

Enclave opens ar 7:30 each morning. There are at least 10 stone loungers (I asked a member of the Lotus Spa staff)

The soft serve machine in Swirls isn't working yet. There is a crew member scooping vanilla and chocolate ice cream from two large stainless steel pots into a glass dish. We decided it was not for us 

Sandra and Chris

6 hours ago, DeeTO said:

Th

Thanks for all your information and pics. Do you have any idea of how this partial cover will affect the views from the balconies directly above? Have people been using this alfresco dining area at all hours?

This is what the cover looks like from the SeaWalk - we obviously can't get to a cabin to see how it affects their view.

20191026_121401.thumb.jpg.491e37b1603217346ef81d090e62cb5e.jpg

When we ate at La Mer last night and only one couple decided to eat outside while everyone else sat inside. 

Sandra and Chris

13 hours ago, emeraldlake said:

It looks like the Retreat Pool area has now reverted back to small area as on older ships vs the large area in front of the sanctuary on the Royal and Regal.  Sky Suites are now up there.  Is there any area to sit outside of the Sanctuary anymore?

Also, looks like sitting areas on Promenade deck have been turned in to alfresco dining areas for La Mer and Alfredos.

Public outdoor spaces seem to be vanishing.  Do you find this to be true?

There are a lot of loungers outside the Sanctuary dotted around the cabanas on deck 18 - so they have effectively split the space of the old retreat pool over 2 decks

20191020_111323.thumb.jpg.6fb219989638e1919c50099171d3d992.jpg

Sandra and Chris

21 hours ago, h-sar said:

What a fantastic voyage you’ve taken us on! I hope you’ve had as great a time as we have had 😃.

So sorry to hear that Chris has had a couple of bad nights. 

A few questions...

1. Do you know what time the Enclave area opens in the morning?

2. If you have been on the Regal or Royal, is there anything about them that you still prefer over the Sky?

3. Did the pool behind the buffet get well used? Did it make for a noisy area at the tables back there?

4. Did you happen to notice if the dinner buffet had a live station for pasta or for the Mongolian Grill?

5. Are there 3 USB ports? On the two lamps and TV? Is the tv one easily accessible? And two American plug ins? Two European? Aside from the bathroom shaver.

6. Does the wall behind the entry door still have a big sturdy hook? This is where I hang my over the door organizer. Are there any other such hooks? 
7. Did you notice, when you took pictures of the showers in the fitness room, if there were hairdryers in there or if there was a plug in for dryers at the counter?

Thank you so, so much! 

1. Enclave opens ar 7:30

2. I do miss the aft facing sofas - there is no reason for us to head up there now. And we have not seen any pub lunches on the Sky as yet.

3. Not seen the wakeview pool used much as yet - just seen people lounging on the loungers. But then we don't get up there much 

4. Haven't seen a live station at the buffet but it might have happened on a different night

5. We had 3 lamps with USB ports. The TVs have USB ports but not used them for charging. Two American plugs and what looks like 2 or 3 European plugs ( could be a suite thing)

6. No hooks on our entry door.

7. Sorry I have looked back on my fitness centre shower pics and can't see anything except lockers and towels next to the shower stalls 

Sandra and Chris

51 minutes ago, dides said:

There are a lot of loungers outside the Sanctuary dotted around the cabanas on deck 18 - so they have effectively split the space of the old retreat pool over 2 decks

20191020_111323.thumb.jpg.6fb219989638e1919c50099171d3d992.jpg

Sandra and Chris

The cabanas do not look as nice as the regal.  Do you know of they cost ? Like the regal.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a live from & what a great job you're doing - I'll be on the Sky in December &  my excitement is growing with every post I read!

I saw in the Patter that traditional dining times are different than my personalizer.  Patter says 5:30 & 7:45 - personalizer says 5 & 7:15 - I'm wondering if dining times will change once the ship arrives in the Caribbean.  I hope so - we have 2nd seating & 7:45 is just too late & 5 is just too early - might have to switch to anytime dining 😞

32 minutes ago, smelmel said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a live from & what a great job you're doing - I'll be on the Sky in December &  my excitement is growing with every post I read!

I saw in the Patter that traditional dining times are different than my personalizer.  Patter says 5:30 & 7:45 - personalizer says 5 & 7:15 - I'm wondering if dining times will change once the ship arrives in the Caribbean.  I hope so - we have 2nd seating & 7:45 is just too late & 5 is just too early - might have to switch to anytime dining 😞

Last winter, on the Regal in the Caribbean, our personalizer said 7:15, but on board it was 7:45. Based on posts from other people, this seemed to be the norm.

On 10/22/2019 at 8:35 PM, ecs66 said:

That sucks.  Love to hang out in the library.  It seemed to be quite full most of the day, so it doesn't make sense.

The library doesn't produce any revenue. Just like a promenade deck that goes all the way around the ship. It's all about the $$$$.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Orangefan said:

I have a friend who orders the banana split in the MDR at least once a cruise.  Ask the  waiter  when you are ordering to order the banana split off the children's menu. Choose your ice cream and toppings.

Sali

It is called a “Volcano” and it is best ordered with EVERYTHING.  

I might or might not have ordered it dozens of times...

Hi Sandra md Chris,

I'm loving all of your posts on the new ship. Thanks for taking us on the journey with you. I have a random silly question for you. I noticed all of the railings that use to be a wood varnished railing on the older ships, seems to be no more on the sky. Are the railings onboard painted white? Are they wood? Are they plastic? what is the material that it is made out of it. 

Thanks!

On 10/25/2019 at 3:10 AM, dides said:

Recap on day 5

Well Chtis didn't have a great night so we decided to take it easy again. We had ordered another room service breakfast but Chris decided to just eat his pastries so most of the hot food was left untouched. We took advantage of the free suite laundry by filling a bag with tops, shirts and a pair of trousers. I popped out at 9 to hand it over to our steward as we weren't leaving the cabin for a while.

Then I got another smaller bag of our underwear and decided to launder this ourselves. To save my feet we headed to the Concierge Lounge so we could use the launderette next door. (We are so far forward it would be a massive trek each time to aft). I bought my tokens and set off the wash. It should have finished in 35 minutes but the light was still on and there was still water in the bottom an hour later! I had found a faulty machine! I called Reception and they promised a refund and to send someone up. I transferred to another machine and started over. The man put a note on the first machine.

20191024_142848.thumb.jpg.5423cfa325d02eee7d2515f55be55202.jpg

While in the Concierge Lounge we had a look at the La Mer menu they had on display and decided to book it for tonight. I used the Concierge phone to contact the Dine Line but the La Mer option kept ringing. On the 3rd attempt it was answered by someone in the La Mer bar - they had connected it to the wrong phone apparently. I had to go down in person and then they told me to contact reservations on deck 6 aft! Luckily a waitress came and put me through to the person in question. Clearly some teething problems here. 

Later we popped up the fitness centre, relaxed in the Piazza, got some more pics, ate some Gelato, had a nap and shower, went to the Elite Lounge and then ate in the Club Class Dining Room.

Chris had his usual French Onion soup and I had the Sesame Chicken bites.

20191024_190023.thumb.jpg.b2d8c9b4e50d3f12bbcf66670e76c015.jpg

Then Chris had the Moroccan spiced chicken and I had the somewhat bland Seafood Bowl

20191024_191701.thumb.jpg.8e50d3116cce264d16e104062741e6e3.jpg

20191024_191645.thumb.jpg.538799e36bd3ebc934ed74fe90e28f17.jpg

Dessert was the Creme Brulee and the yummy Crunchy Profiterole

20191024_194012.thumb.jpg.47513b76b9f4c02afee094e45522aa09.jpg

20191024_194006.thumb.jpg.a608ea3170900ef1b5e0f6f7976841dd.jpg

After dinner we had a look around the shops and then watched a new gameshow where 5 assistant CDs had to choose a passenger to provide answers on a topic but they had to bid first on how many they would get right e.g. 20 animals in a zoo, 8 types of milk. Points would be given it they guessed the correct number or given to the other teams if they failed. It was weird but fun.

After a break for drinks while they played bingo we came back to Princess Live! for a translated lyrics trivia game. This is where lyrics had been Google translated to another language and then translated back to English. This inevitably mangled up the words and we had to guess the artist and the song title. We were given the decade it became a hit. We were joined by a teenage lad who knew a lot of the more recent songs and we won with 32 points out of 32. The team in second got 26 and they had 6 members. More wine stoppers - for us anyway 🙂

On that high note we called it a night.

Sandra and Chris

Now that sound like fun !!!

18 hours ago, cheezenip said:

Those are EXACTLY my thoughts!!

It just seems to me that if you want to sit outside now, Princess is directing you towards two areas only - those around the pool area(same deck and one deck up) or your balcony.  And the way of the future in all cruise lines seems to be going to all veranda ships.  With Princess the first to go was the oceanview cabins!  

Pooh

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

The library doesn't produce any revenue. Just like a promenade deck that goes all the way around the ship. It's all about the $$$$.

yes sir 👍 ya can read a book in your cabin.

• Haha 1