Live from the Sky Princess Med Inaugural

dides

For anyone that might know.   Have they enlarged the elevators?   Just off the Royal and we had to wait forever for an elevator.   Only room enough for 2 wheel chairs and no one else.    Also how is the sound in the Piazza when they are having entertainment?

Thanks

Joe

4 hours ago, dides said:

Different menu below at Gelato for a sea day. Sorry grabbed on the fly so 2nd page  bit blurry. Asked the Gelato man about a banana split option and he said no they don't do one. 

*pics snipped for length*

Sandra and Chris

Thanks for thinking of us and stopping by!  You're providing an incredible amount of information in this thread alone!  I can still make out a lot of the text on the second page as well.  Lack of banana split is slightly disappointing (by no means a deal-breaker), but the addition of crepes with gelato has us quite intrigued.  We don't remember crepes offered at any venue on our last couple cruises (Royal in Dec 2017, Sapphire in June 2018).  Something new for us to try.  😋

4 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

I cannot believe the information you have given us! Believe me we appreciate it but hope you two are enjoying your vacation 🙂

I wholeheartedly second this!  😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ecs66 said:

They took your passports?  We've always kept ours with us during cruises.  Is that something new?

I have found that it depends on the itinerary. For the ports/countries where they are stricter and/or stamp passports they will collect them to expedite clearance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beachmets said:

Does anyone know which of the dining rooms are Anytime and which are Traditional?

@beachmets, according to their Patter scans, Cielo (+ Estrella's first seating) is traditional, with Estrella (after first seating ends) and Soleil hosting the anytime dining. I've attached an image cropped from their patter scan.  

And again to @dides, thank you so, so much for the work you've done in giving us a look into the ship after the shakedown. Really appreciate all the input and insight! Safe travels home and take care!

sky dining.PNG

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your fabulous reviews. Your details were so helpful!  I have been a little nervous about our inaugural cruise on the Enchanted next July.  Our experience on the Majestic (3rd Cruise I think) was not great. Too many things really not ready for the passengers, and the food left a lot to be desired. I guess Princess has worked out the kinks for the inaugural cruises.  It was hard to see in your Sanctuary pictures if they have plenty of lounges outside of the cabanas.  We were on the CB last May when she came out of dry dock and they redid the Sanctuary.  Unfortunately, the cabanas took up so much room there were far less regular lounges. 
Thank you again for all the time you devoted to sharing great information to all of us.  Safe Travels. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ecs66 said:

They took your passports?  We've always kept ours with us during cruises.  Is that something new?

Yes they took them in Athens at the port just after security and before boarding - first time for us too. 

Sandra and Chris

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your blog and review.  We are booked on the Sky in January.  We love the Royal and Regal, and I assumed the Sky was basically the same with some minor tweaks, like the Regal was after the Royal.  After seeing your pictures that is Definitely not the case!  Very excited! 

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

21 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

The library doesn't produce any revenue. Just like a promenade deck that goes all the way around the ship. It's all about the $$$$.

On some NCL, there are sports bar like places on the promenade --- bars and big-screen TVs.

20 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I would venture to guess that the elimination of the library has more to do with the lack of use since most carry tablets with all their books. I’m one of them. I carry a massive library in my iPad. 

How else am I supposed to "reserve" my poolside lounger for the day without a paperback book and an old flipflop?

Seriously though, I too carry a small library of not-yet-read books on my smartphone, but I also enjoy grabbing a book from the ship's library enjoying a read that I don't have or was not aware of.  I ran across "Voyages of Discovery" about Captain Cook's voyages in a ship's library, read about half of it on the ship while we cruised around the Horn of South America, and then found a copy when I returned home and finished it.  Reading the book while we cruised some of the same waters was a delight.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, beachmets said:

Does anyone know which of the dining rooms are Anytime and which are Traditional?

Traditional is Cielo. Estrella has both traditional and anytime. And third dinning room on deck 5 is anytime.

Dides,

Thank you  for spending so much time gathering  information and  taking pictures of every nook and cranny on the Sky.  Always fun to see the food pictures and other activities around the ship. It was a lot of work  for you  and much

appreciated by all of us.

Now I just have to wait  39 days  to welcome and sail on the Sky.

Sali

• Like 2

On 10/26/2019 at 11:34 AM, chabad said:

Hi Sandra md Chris,

I'm loving all of your posts on the new ship. Thanks for taking us on the journey with you. I have a random silly question for you. I noticed all of the railings that use to be a wood varnished railing on the older ships, seems to be no more on the sky. Are the railings onboard painted white? Are they wood? Are they plastic? what is the material that it is made out of it. 

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Front Row said:

So you had to retrieve them and re-surrender them every time you left the ship?

No, leave your passport in your cabin safe unless you are specifically told to carry it on your person while in port.  If it's lost or stolen you'll be in for a major hassle.  If an official absolutely needs to see it, it can be easily retreived from your safe.

We bring our drivers licenses and a color photocopy of our passports when off the ship.

• Like 3