Live from the Sky Princess Med Inaugural

dides

3 hours ago, Front Row said:

So you had to retrieve them and re-surrender them every time you left the ship?

No - we only got them back at the end of the cruise. Felt a bit uncomfortable going into different countries without them in case if an emergency for example

Sandra and Chris

• Like 1

So we got home at 9:15pm last night and it's now 6am and we are getting ready for the working day.  Gah!

We chatted to various fellow passengers in the Elite disembarkation lounge and at the airport so thought we would play some of it back...

- one Elite couple thought the quality of the MDR food wasn't good enough.  We thought it was great.

- one couple pre-booked the Crown Grill for 7:30pm but the lines on the second formal night were so bad with big groups they couldn't get in for their time and so cancelled and went to the MDR instead. They got a refund. 

- a few went to see Rock Opera which only played on the final night. They all loved it. It was standing room only.  There isn't a narrative (which we knew and is what we prefer).

-one couple had only cruised Celebrity before and loved the ship, they were already looking to book another Princess cruise 🙂

Someone on this week's cruise mentioned that there is a Library Book Cart being made available at the Princess LIve Cafe between 9 and 9:30am and 3:45pm and 4:15pm.

Sandra and Chris

-

• Like 1

dides...thank you very much for so generously taking the time to allow us to vicariously cruise with you on the Sky Princess.  We’ll soon board the ship & thanks to your information we know more about the cruise experience.  We’ve greatly enjoyed sailing the Royal & Regal and look forward to our upcoming cruise on the Sky Princess. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

Also many thanks for all your info.  I have been forwarding your info to a friend who will be going with us on his 1st cruise at age 70.  He can not wait for this new adventure.

How wonderful!! I hope he has a great cruise love seeing this from a newbie! although still in awe after 30 cruises 🙂

On 10/25/2019 at 10:12 PM, Luckybee said:

I've seen the photos of the premium suite(and thank the op for those 🙂 ), but am searching high and low for photos of the S3 penthouse suite and balcony (preferably on the dolphin deck which we have booked)). Has anyone seen or heard of any photos of these cabins floating around out there ?

I missed these posted. I've wanted to see more of the Premium Suite.  Can you quotes that post for me @dides

I cannot thank everyone enough for the wealth of information.  I will be on the Sky with my 90-year-old mother on the Caribbean Inaugural Getaway(s) in December and a Western in January.  Every piece of information is so helpful.  The menus especially help to keep my mom even more excited about the cruises.  Thank you!  Efharisto!  Gracias!  Grazie!  Danke!  Mahalo! Toda!

1 hour ago, FloaterBoat said:

I missed these posted. I've wanted to see more of the Premium Suite.  Can you quotes that post for me @dides

See the post here

Plus there is this fancy view of the bedroom below

premsuite.jpg.f1ca5e9ae16d0d570588c2d6b7540092.jpg

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 10:46 AM, jpihota said:

It is called a “Volcano” and it is best ordered with EVERYTHING.  

I might or might not have ordered it dozens of times...

does anyone know if this Volcano, banana split is available on the Caribbean Princess?

On 10/20/2019 at 8:32 AM, dides said:

Well we made it onboard! Check-in was a bit disorganised but there were lots of staff new to the whole Medallion concept. We were Ocean Ready without Medallions and were directed to 2 different waiting areas until we were ushered up to scan our passes and collect our Medallions. We were onboard by 11am and in our stateroom by 11:30 (after heading straight to the Sanctuary to book our loungers later in the week) Prices are consistent with the other ships. All the cabanas that were next to the Retreat Pool before are up on deck 18 now.

20191020_111133.thumb.jpg.58126dc3fa66a4a2d6953aa79b0a65a4.jpg

20191020_111318.thumb.jpg.0f4714f8058d241d10e1fc2048dbd1d5.jpg

Our Premium Suite is lovely! And the Medallion door unlocking worked immediately 

Here are some pictures.

20191020_113625.thumb.jpg.d44970919695d0a67fc5dd2e10ea43bf.jpg

20191020_113718.thumb.jpg.d08ecc9aeb7c667659017d1f55075d0d.jpg

20191020_113726.thumb.jpg.9e85cd5daf0aeb1bef66660f63530f16.jpg

20191020_113729.thumb.jpg.1828b84b3a2b2a57d25e30e873e9781b.jpg

20191020_113742.thumb.jpg.7578e1e7ac5ae535c7dccc4f32962542.jpg

20191020_115455.thumb.jpg.1907fdb79aef9c7c6c15250f1685f646.jpg

20191020_115430.thumb.jpg.0a971f4db4f99d4176adfe37e783c02e.jpg

So far we have toured the spa, kids club and eaten at Alfredos. More pics and info to come...

The suite looks excellent.  Loving the classy decor and muted colors.  Looked like a pleasant place to spend your week.  Always bummed when I'm reminded how small the balconies are on the Royal class 😞

Was it simple to let that shade down on the window in your room?  Did it block out a lot of light?

19 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

does anyone know if this Volcano, banana split is available on the Caribbean Princess?

The Volcano is available on every ship, it is on the children's menu in the main dining room, but your waiter will be more than happy to bring it to those who are kids at heart.

• Like 1

Just now, cougaraz said:

The Volcano is available on every ship, it is on the children's menu in the main dining room, but your waiter will be more than happy to bring it to those who are kids at heart.

Thank you so much.  I've never even heard of it. Nor realized there was a kids menu lol.  I wonder what else I'm missing out on!

8 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

The suite looks excellent.  Loving the classy decor and muted colors.  Looked like a pleasant place to spend your week.  Always bummed when I'm reminded how small the balconies are on the Royal class 😞

Was it simple to let that shade down on the window in your room?  Did it block out a lot of light?

It was always lowered at night by the steward but yes, Chris managed to lower it for a couple of our afternoon naps. Blocked the light out nicely.

We loved that suite - felt really spoiled. The shower was worth the extra cost alone - so spacious with a powerful shower head and a separate detachable wand.

Sandra and Chris

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FraudBroad said:

They are supposed to be rolling these out. Listed on the Soda Package information:

image.png.4286676adb24b1ab1dbb1e9513abcdc0.png

Interesting find.

To Dides, this thread should become a CC classic.  So well done with info and no whining!  Love it.

On a related note... does anyone know if smoothies are available here?  I ask mostly because they are included with the soda package.  I admit, I've not seen smoothies on any of my past sailings.

TIA

• Like 2

This really was one of, if not the best 'Live-From' threads I've seen on here.  So easy going, so much information, so many pictures.  I hope we didn't disturb your vacation to much with the seemingly endless requests.  It was all so much appreciated.  Pretty amazing how attentive and accommodating you were. Sometimes people create these threads, and check in a few times, don't fulfill requests, don't interact, then ghost lol.  I totally get it.  You're on vacation to vacation. Not everyone has the blogger spirit.  So it definitely deserves some extra praise when someone tends to their thread as you have.

And if we're being honest, it puts a lot of pressure on the rest of us thinking about doing our own threads for upcoming trips lolll.  The bar has been set.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

This really was one of, if not the best 'Live-From' threads I've seen on here.  So easy going, so much information, so many pictures.  I hope we didn't disturb your vacation to much with the seemingly endless requests.  It was all so much appreciated.  Pretty amazing how attentive and accommodating you were. Sometimes people create these threads, and check in a few times, don't fulfill requests, don't interact, then ghost lol.  I totally get it.  You're on vacation to vacation. Not everyone has the blogger spirit.  So it definitely deserves some extra praise when someone tends to their thread as you have.

And if we're being honest, it puts a lot of pressure on the rest of us thinking about doing our own threads for upcoming trips lolll.  The bar has been set.

Thank you so much @FloaterBoat - we get so much from being part of the CC Princess community that we wanted to pay it forward 🙂

Sandra and Chris

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dides said:

Thank you so much @FloaterBoat - we get so much from being part of the CC Princess community that we wanted to pay it forward 🙂

Sandra and Chris

I also enjoyed your 'live from' ( even when I posted about TMI about the SKY, and wanting to experience some "new" when we board )

your style is very good, precise ... and it's all right here on CC, not some offsite "blog"

thanks

• Like 3