LAX Airport & wine

trbarton

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’m arriving at LAX on American. Anyone bought wine at the airport & if so what did you find & what was the price?

Thanks!

Tom😎

In my experience, alcohol purchases in airports are only past security in the international departures terminal.

• Like 1

There's a Ralphs supermarket right down Sepulveda/PCH at the corner of Mariposa in El Segundo that has a decent wine selection.  If you are in a taxi or rideshare you could stop there before you get on the freeway.  Anything you purchase at LAX is going to be comparable cost wise to what you purchase on the ship.

• Like 1

Total Wine is at Hawthorne and Aviation in Redondo Beach...Bev Mo is at Aviation and Rosecrans in Manhattan Beach...Both are south of LAX, in the direction of the port, but would be a small deviation off the 405 route one would take from LAX to the harbor.

In San Pedro, yes, there is a small liquor store across Harbor Blvd. from the cruise terminal—Ocean Liquor...but, if you want a quality selection of better wines, Off the Vine wines is on 6th Street, just a couple of short blocks west of the Crowne Plaza Hotel...So, maybe 5 or 6 blocks from the pier.  And, remember, in California, every supermarket and drug store, Target and Walmart sells wine...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jennybenny said:

There is a Vino Volo at LAX but their prices might be just as high as on the ship.

There are a couple of liquor stores by the port but I have not used them

They are located in the TBI terminal and I am not sure if they have an off-sale license. Also, not easy to get to from the AA terminal.

1 hour ago, Husky61 said:

They are located in the TBI terminal and I am not sure if they have an off-sale license. Also, not easy to get to from the AA terminal.

I’ve purchased bottles from them before and traveled with them, no problem, but it’s  not cheap and now that you mention it, can be found in the international terminal. 

18 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Total Wine is at Hawthorne and Aviation in Redondo Beach...Bev Mo is at Aviation and Rosecrans in Manhattan Beach...Both are south of LAX, in the direction of the port, but would be a small deviation off the 405 route one would take from LAX to the harbor.

In San Pedro, yes, there is a small liquor store across Harbor Blvd. from the cruise terminal—Ocean Liquor...but, if you want a quality selection of better wines, Off the Vine wines is on 6th Street, just a couple of short blocks west of the Crowne Plaza Hotel...So, maybe 5 or 6 blocks from the pier.  And, remember, in California, every supermarket and drug store, Target and Walmart sells wine...

Bevmo use to sell a second bottle of wine for 5 cents, plus extra 10% discount for 12 bottles.  You can pre order and they will box it for you.  Just bring a Sharpie to put your name and cabin # all over the box and strong tape.