Ocean Cay~ The Final Countdown

BermudaBound2014

On the Seaside now and just talked to the CD.  He said he has submitted his plan for the festivities to take place next week when the Seaside is the first ship to visit the island.  As of today everything is still a go for next week's arrival on November 15th.

We will be there the next day as we are boarding the Meraviglia on Sunday for 14 days and three visits to Ocean Cay.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tagsalong said:

As of today everything is still a go for next week's arrival on November 15th.

That's the tentative information I have as well from MSC Operations. Supposedly only the 9th is effected so far. But as I like to remind everyone, MSC can stand for Most Surely Changes. 😀

Bret

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tagsalong said:

On the Seaside now and just talked to the CD.  He said he has submitted his plan for the festivities to take place next week when the Seaside is the first ship to visit the island.  As of today everything is still a go for next week's arrival on November 15th.

We will be there the next day as we are boarding the Meraviglia on Sunday for 14 days and three visits to Ocean Cay.

That sounds great! A one week delay will be easily forgiven especially with the more than fair OBC/FCC.  I'll be the first to congratulate MSC on an excellent handling of the delay. With three weeks in a row you can keep everyone updated on the progress also! 

15 hours ago, chong67 said:

I am looking to book Dec 7 on Seaside and go to OC. Will I get any discount or OBC?

Way too early to tell. It's looking like you will actually be at Ocean Cay. Time will tell of course, but the initial response from the company is that the delay is just one week.

20 hours ago, Beardface said:

I'll just interject for a second.

This constant calling of anyone who isn't perpetually pissed off at MSC a "cheerleader" isn't doing anything to harbor any kind of good discussion on here, and only attempts to invalidate the sayings and claims of those who aren't always mad.  Given the push from some to always make this cruise line controversial for whatever reason, these kind of comments are disingenuous at best and only exist to further drive people away from this line and to foster a community on here where there is an unwritten rule that positivity isn't accepted or welcomed.

Its telling that the knee jerk reaction by some to this opening being delayed is effectively thumb their nose at everyone else with a 'see, I told you that MSC was a bunch of lying crooks, its a shame you believed the cheerleaders over me' is incredibly annoying and frustrating to see on here.

Well said, @Beardface. There is already at least one thread regarding OC from a well-known MSC basher, with whom I went toe-to-toe in 2017 over the launch of the Seaside. Despite the fact that maiden voyage and new ship problems are well-documented on just about every cruise line in the world (and knowing such is considered part of a cruise passenger's common sense), this individual flamed MSC from the get-go and never gave them a chance. No worries, I just assume such an individual is determined to be dissatisfied no matter what. At any rate, I am confident that Ocean Cay will open as soon as it's ready, and I'm OK with that.  

• Like 4

FYI for all.... Got this from MSC website, maybe nothing but it says one of the first. May be talking about ships, but also possible about people on the ship. who knows....

7- night Cruises From $299 pp 

HOT DEAL ALERT: November 17, 4-night cruise $199 to the brand new OCEAN CAY MSC MARINE RESERVE. Be one of the first! 

3 - 5-night Caribbean cruises: From $99

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beardface said:

That can't be.  I thought some said it wouldn't open until the new year!

Yep they were wrong.  I said that MSC will not be paying off people long and will get it done.  Of course Maxwells silver hammer came down upon my head...…..

That is the press release posted late in evening on the day they canceled Ocean cay for Mera. Unless MSC has now removed it because it is a few days old, you should be able to find it directly on the MSC web site. It had a yellow background.

I thought the Armonia was also scheduled to call on Ocean cay this week, but the press release copied above has always said Seaside would be first on the 15th..

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Just now, BermudaBound2014 said:

That is the press release posted late in evening on the day they canceled Ocean cay for Mera. Unless MSC has now removed it because it is a few days old, you should be able to find it directly on the MSC web site. It had a yellow background. 

Yes, I've been scouring the website to find it, so far no luck.  Figured it would be there, if anywhere official.. I'll keep looking.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Yes, I've been scouring the website to find it, so far no luck.  Figured it would be there, if anywhere official.. I'll keep looking.  

It was positively on the msc website the day they canceled Ocean Cay (I can't remember if the announcement to cancel was made on Tuesday or Wednesday). Right in the middle of the ocean cay link. Bright yellow background. Let us know if you find it still posted on msc but I pinky swear that is the exact same announcement and it was was officially from MSC.

19 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

It was positively on the msc website the day they canceled Ocean Cay (I can't remember if the announcement to cancel was made on Tuesday or Wednesday). Right in the middle of the ocean cay link. Bright yellow background. Let us know if you find it still posted on msc but I pinky swear that is the exact same announcement and it was was officially from MSC.

Thanks BB. I'm having No luck at all finding it. Have checked both MSC site and Ocean Cay site, maybe they removed it, or I'm just totally missing it.  Pretty sure it was Tuesday when they announced the cancellation...

Oh well, would be great to have the official link, but I'm good. No worries.  

I don't even visit til December, lol.  

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Thanks BB. I'm having No luck at all finding it. Have checked both MSC site and Ocean Cay site, maybe they removed it, or I'm just totally missing it.  Pretty sure it was Tuesday when they announced the cancellation...

what is it you are looking for?  This was posted on another site when OC was cancelled.  No photo description available.

1 hour ago, reedprincess said:

I just looked also and can no longer find the statement either. It was impossible to miss the day I read it, so MSc must have removed it for some reason. Don’t want you thinking you are going crazy because I can’t find it either:)

2 hours ago, CUontheC said:

what is it you are looking for?  This was posted on another site when OC was cancelled.  No photo description available.

Looking for the FB site quoted above, or the official MSC statement - which apparently has been removed from their website.

What site was above posted on - and is it still there? At this point, just looking for the official source.. whether it's MSC FB page, website, email from MSC, etc. What was posted 4 days ago isn't particularly helpful, especially if it's been removed, as it evidently has been.. or at least buried deep... 

44 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I just looked also and can no longer find the statement either. It was impossible to miss the day I read it, so MSc must have removed it for some reason. Don’t want you thinking you are going crazy because I can’t find it either:)

Well, I think I may have already been going a bit crazy tonight with MSC trying to complete my online check-in,  figured I had lost my last marble after not finding the announcement. But if you can't find it either - then perhaps there's some sanity at the end of the day after all.. lol.. happy sails...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Looking for the FB site quoted above, or the official MSC statement - which apparently has been removed from their website.

What site was above posted on - and is it still there? At this point, just looking for the official source.. whether it's MSC FB page, website, email from MSC, etc. What was posted 4 days ago isn't particularly helpful, especially if it's been removed, as it evidently has been.. or at least buried deep... 

Well, I think I may have already been going a bit crazy tonight with MSC trying to complete my online check-in,  figured I had lost my last marble after not finding the announcement. But if you can't find it either - then perhaps there's some sanity at the end of the day after all.. lol.. happy sails...

If you go to Facebook search MSC Ocean Cay forum.  This is on that site under the comment section on a Nov 4 post by Tony Barbaro.  

11 hours ago, CUontheC said:

If you go to Facebook search MSC Ocean Cay forum.  This is on that site under the comment section on a Nov 4 post by Tony Barbaro.  

Thank you CUonthe.. much appreciated. Was hoping it was an official MSC page, or something update from the earlier post on the website, but alas, it appears not to be. 

As it's apparently been removed or hidden in the official sites, I'll simply wait and see with everyone else with regards ti how this upcoming week's visit goes. Or doesn't go.  Lol..

• Like 2

We are sailing on Meraviglia tomorrow November 10 and to visit Ocean Cay Saturday November 16 - with all everyone has read and found posted here and there - will we be stopping there or not? (Just off Carnival Conquest this morning and getting caught up on latest news.)

1 minute ago, cellfree said:

We are sailing on Meraviglia tomorrow November 10 and to visit Ocean Cay Saturday November 16 - with all everyone has read and found posted here and there - will we be stopping there or not? (Just off Carnival Conquest this morning and getting caught up on latest news.)

According to the official press release from MSC last Wednesday, you will be stopping at ocean cay. Seaside will be the first on the 15th.  There have been no further updates on the official MSC site and MSC twitter/facebook have gone silent again as far as I can tell. Please post lots of photos when you get there!!