Taxi’s US $

Luv my furbaby

Yes, the fares to popular tourist spots will be posted on a board near the taxi line for your pier.  It  never hurts to confirm the fare with the driver before you get into the cab.  There are 3 piers for cruise ships on Cozumel - be sure that you return to the correct one. It can be a challenge after too many margaritas. :classic_rolleyes:

I hope this helps. This is from November 2018:

Note: we went to The Boatyard in Carlisle Bay and while it says on the board $4, we were charged $5 on previous trips (and the board was the same). On this November trip, we just walked to the Boatyard.

20181120_095934-L.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Yes, the fares to popular tourist spots will be posted on a board near the taxi line for your pier.  It  never hurts to confirm the fare with the driver before you get into the cab.  There are 3 piers for cruise ships on Cozumel - be sure that you return to the correct one. It can be a challenge after too many margaritas. :classic_rolleyes:

My advice on taxis taking U$ Dollars was accurate, but ignore the comments about multiple piers on Cozumel.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2019 at 7:08 PM, Stinger-pr said:

Note: we went to The Boatyard in Carlisle Bay and while it says on the board $4, we were charged $5 on previous trips (and the board was the same). On this November trip, we just walked to the Boatyard.

20181120_095934-L.jpg

We were charged $5 going to town and $6 going back,this was two weeks ago.

• Like 1

I truly dislike the taxi service and taxi drivers in Baebados. They pretend to charge you what ever the heck they want, even with posted and set fees. They usually have attitudes, and some are very unwelcoming. At least that's our experience. That's why we walked to The Boatyard last time we were in Barbados and will do it again next time, unless we pre-book a tour to another place on the island. We took a taxi on our way back from Boatyard because it was included with the entry fee and those drivers have always been nice. The "morning guys" at the terminal seem to be the real problem.

On 11/15/2019 at 9:29 AM, Stinger-pr said:

I truly dislike the taxi service and taxi drivers in Baebados. They pretend to charge you what ever the heck they want, even with posted and set fees. They usually have attitudes, and some are very unwelcoming. At least that's our experience. That's why we walked to The Boatyard last time we were in Barbados and will do it again next time, unless we pre-book a tour to another place on the island. We took a taxi on our way back from Boatyard because it was included with the entry fee and those drivers have always been nice. The "morning guys" at the terminal seem to be the real problem.

I live on the island -and I agree with your assessment!

They are sharks, but I've always said that.

Now and again you'll find a tame one, but be careful...

• Like 1

My family would like to see North Point/Animal Flower Caves. I see that there is actually a posted rate (from last year) of $30.50 USD.

Are taxis generally available/waiting there, for when people want to leave? I don't want to get there, see the sights, and get stuck with no way back. Does anyone know if the restaurant can call for a taxi if there aren't any waiting? Or am I better off hiring a taxi to wait around and give us a lift back?

It looks like there is also a bus that is supposed to run hourly to Connell Town (1C) from the Princess Alice Terminal, but I've no idea how reliable the bus service is. Is anyone able to comment on the bus service?

Thank you for any information or advice 🙂

Animal Flower Cave is at the end of the Earth.

Just before you fall off the edge, into deep outer space.

There will be nooo taxis hanging around up there, waiting for business.
When you're up there, you're UP THERE!!  It's remote!

Suggest you have your taxi wait for you ($$$) until you are ready to leave.

Suggest you invite him in for a drink at the bar or whatever

On 10/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, Stinger-pr said:

20181120_095934-L.jpg

Is this cost for both ways.  are there taxis available to bring you back

These are the one way fares.  Boatyard includes the ride back to the port in your admission. If you choose another beach club there will be cabs waiting, or they can call one for you. More than likely the driver who drops you off will make arrangements to pick you up for the return trip.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 8:27 PM, moopetguy said:

My family would like to see North Point/Animal Flower Caves. I see that there is actually a posted rate (from last year) of $30.50 USD.

Are taxis generally available/waiting there, for when people want to leave? I don't want to get there, see the sights, and get stuck with no way back. Does anyone know if the restaurant can call for a taxi if there aren't any waiting? Or am I better off hiring a taxi to wait around and give us a lift back?

It looks like there is also a bus that is supposed to run hourly to Connell Town (1C) from the Princess Alice Terminal, but I've no idea how reliable the bus service is. Is anyone able to comment on the bus service?

Thank you for any information or advice 🙂

The first time we went to Barbados, we walked out of the terminal and found a tour taxi. I think it was less than $100 for us (a couple) and there were 3 others from a different ship with us. We told him where we wanted to go and he took us and waited. It was an air conditioned van, and he even took us to some points of interest that we didn't know about. Check into island tours on travel websites and you might find one that you can personalize. 

3 hours ago, trouble1964 said:

The first time we went to Barbados, we walked out of the terminal and found a tour taxi. I think it was less than $100 for us (a couple) and there were 3 others from a different ship with us. We told him where we wanted to go and he took us and waited. It was an air conditioned van, and he even took us to some points of interest that we didn't know about. Check into island tours on travel websites and you might find one that you can personalize. 

Thank you for your reply. I have actually returned from my cruise, as we visited Barbados on Dec 15th. 

For reference, I’m attaching a picture I took of the taxi rate signpost during my visit. 

My family of 3 ended up doing a pseudo-custom tour with a group of about 8 other people at a rate of $25 US per person, and included a visit to the North Point/Animal Flower Caves. It was a little over 3 hours in duration and was also in an air-conditioned van. We definitely enjoyed it and thought it was a good value. 

69AA16EE-CE81-44AD-A144-CFB9B864C870.jpeg