Onboard Meraviglia Canada/NE, any questions?

smile145

Regarding the lifeboat drill on the Oct 8 disaster of a sailing my muster station was in the promenade under the dome. My cruise card was scanned to verify my attendance. The drill in this location was a joke as you could not hear the safety talk clearly and a waiter eas going around during the drill trying to sell specialty dining. Unbelievable.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:29 PM, abbflex said:

What beer(s) do you see onboard with a price that would be included in the easy package? 

Thanks for doing this Q/A btw. 

I believe the only draft is Heineken in all bars but the pub.  I am not sure which are included in Easy package but I will ask next time I go to the pub.  

7CDE8FAB-0F98-420C-AE4B-29BEB205A09F.jpeg

0F6FE251-2560-4811-B344-4F45A94A6099.jpeg

B955725E-0DD5-4230-8581-3B5E640A03C1.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:12 AM, mikelan6 said:

Can you please let me know if in the regular dining rooms there are tables for 10 or more? If you can get me a plan of the dining room tables (the maitre-d would have one) I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

Hi do you know which dining room of the 3 you are interested in?  It’s very hard to find anyone to answer questions during the day but I could take photos.

19 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

when you have a moment and if you have a chance, can you please snap some pics of the MDR dinner menu? You don't have to post them while you cruise if the internet is slow, but I'd appreciate it if you posted them later.

How's MDR food? How's buffet? You can compare to other major lines if you want. We've been on Princess, RCL and NCL before.

We have found the main dining room food to be good, not excellent.  Portions are small in some cases but you can get a second entree.  The buffet is very good, they have a lot of different stations, pizza, hamburgers/hot dogs, salad, meat and cheese, breads, several different hot dishes, a chef slicing meat such as turkey or beef etc, side dishes, tacos/nachos, soup, fruit, dessert.  

I have two of the MDR menus.  I will see if I can get a couple more this week.

30881FDF-FA90-44F2-889F-2511D05FAF7C.png

7A789469-80AB-40F0-86D4-92B94DC7369E.png

03646250-587E-425B-9F89-FB669BE74DC9.jpeg

B08DDE2D-579B-4E1D-A950-FF6241CC8C8D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smile145 said:

Hi do you know which dining room of the 3 you are interested in?  It’s very hard to find anyone to answer questions during the day but I could take photos.

Any of the dining rooms that you can get information on would be fine. Thank you.

3 hours ago, smile145 said:

Tonight the party is Country and Western.  There is also a black light silent disco.

Thanks so much for the update!

Are there many passengers dressing in the themes?

Also could you tell me what the "Space Party" entailed?

7 hours ago, smile145 said:

We have found the main dining room food to be good, not excellent.  Portions are small in some cases but you can get a second entree.  The buffet is very good, they have a lot of different stations, pizza, hamburgers/hot dogs, salad, meat and cheese, breads, several different hot dishes, a chef slicing meat such as turkey or beef etc, side dishes, tacos/nachos, soup, fruit, dessert.  

I have two of the MDR menus.  I will see if I can get a couple more this week.

Thank you!!!! I see a few things my family will like.  DH will like gnocci, and I love seafood. I am sure DS will find a few things to enjoy as well.

Are there any hidden areas that are less busy? Any outdoor areas other than the top decks? I've been on other ships that had loungers in the lifeboat area with some views and peace and quiet. Just curious 

On 10/23/2019 at 7:30 AM, smile145 said:

I believe the only draft is Heineken in all bars but the pub.  I am not sure which are included in Easy package but I will ask next time I go to the pub.  

7CDE8FAB-0F98-420C-AE4B-29BEB205A09F.jpeg

0F6FE251-2560-4811-B344-4F45A94A6099.jpeg

B955725E-0DD5-4230-8581-3B5E640A03C1.jpeg

They're using the Miller Lite logo for Bud Light....

And I'm surprised they decided to price the Jameson Mule in Euro while everything else is in USD....

Cmon, guys... a little proofreading goes a long way.

23 minutes ago, Beardface said:

They're using the Miller Lite logo for Bud Light....

And I'm surprised they decided to price the Jameson Mule in Euro while everything else is in USD....

Cmon, guys... a little proofreading goes a long way.

IKR? Gotta just laugh at MSC blunders. Did you catch the price of wings in the sports bar? They are more expensive if you by 12 as opposed to 6. 

For the person asking about beers on easy package.  I don’t have that package but they are saying Heineken only.  Maybe someone who has that package can confirm.  I have premium plus that includes all beers.  Earlier I posted the pub menu, this is the beers at other bars:

EBEB3AD0-E106-4EF4-A468-1F7CBC6D28D3.thumb.jpeg.76fb601b90e24fdb3fbfcc9a0c9dfa1b.jpeg

On 10/23/2019 at 10:51 AM, Motegi said:

Thanks so much for the update!

Are there many passengers dressing in the themes?

Also could you tell me what the "Space Party" entailed?

I have not seen many passengers dressing to any theme except white party which had many people dressed in white.  Sorry I didn’t go to the space party.  Tonight is Elegant night number 2 and this is the MDR menu:

C5F0E69C-AE9C-4459-9888-6D8DEC2C75EC.png

0F226DAB-83FB-4F6E-934F-4430EB96EE13.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

May I ask, after you embark do you see a better internet package deal than the 20% off precruise? Trying to decide should I buy it now or wait. Thanks!

No I haven’t seen any specials on that but I wasn’t looking.  I went back and looked at my papers from the first day and there is nothing related to internet packages in the room paperwork.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ivey99 said:

Are there any hidden areas that are less busy? Any outdoor areas other than the top decks? I've been on other ships that had loungers in the lifeboat area with some views and peace and quiet. Just curious 

Any area not part of the deck 6/7 main central mall/promenade is less crowded.  No one is using the outside areas on this cruise because of the cold temps/high winds.  They are all beautiful and will be great in the warm weather areas.  The water slide park is open daily but it’s not used much nor the outdoor pool.  I saw one person all week use the outdoor pool.  There are many great areas on the upper decks but the deck with the lifeboats does not have any view on this ship unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

IKR? Gotta just laugh at MSC blunders. Did you catch the price of wings in the sports bar? They are more expensive if you by 12 as opposed to 6. 

Just clarifying for first timers since this is a Meraviglia thread.  There is no food served at the Sports Bar on Meraviglia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aww no food in Sports Bar?  We enjoyed having the option of (free!) bar snacks on Divina.  So I see that no food is served in the Sports Bar on Mera, and limited pay-for offerings in the Pub.  Are there wings available anywhere on the ship?  Is any pay-for food offered in the Pub worth the upcharge, or is it the same burgers and stuff as the buffet and you pay for the privilege of not making the hike there?

Also on the subject of (free) snacks - are there finger foods or snacks available in any bars/lounges, or is it only MDR/Buffet?  On Divina, there were light snacks you could get at the wine bar (La Cantina Di Bacco), and Piazza Del Doge almost always had sandwiches and some nice cakes available.  Anything like this in the wine bar/sky lounge/anywhere else on the ship?

We are getting on Mera for Thanksgiving this year (Martha Stewart Thanksgiving dinner apparently will be available, not that I will be interested unless she gets reaaaaally creative...), and we have a Cirque dinner included with our booking.  Isthere more than one time available for Cirque dinner daily?  I believe there are 2 cocktail shows but only 1 dinner? Having seen the dinner reviews, not impressed and would rather have dinner elsewhere, wonder if they will trade for a cocktail show instead.

2 hours ago, aprilsp88 said:

Thanks for checking the internet for me.

Another question, how many show times are there in the theater each night? Do you have problem reserving it? Which show time is less busy?

Thanks again.

There are typically 3 show times each night for main show plus 2 for Cirque when that is playing.  Sorry I can’t answer which is less crowded but no problem so far on reserving.  Today there is 3 showings of the main show, plus a comedy show plus 2 of Cirque.

0CD15E02-8D27-40DE-8A45-F2D474B32B76.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1