Disembarking in Los Angeles

SallyRobert

Could anyone please recommend a good driver in LA area? After we disembark we need to get to Redondo Beach which will be our base for 3 nights before returning to the UK. Not sure if we should just get an Uber? I really prefer to pre book and not leave anything to chance.

25 minutes ago, SallyRobert said:

Could anyone please recommend a good driver in LA area? After we disembark we need to get to Redondo Beach which will be our base for 3 nights before returning to the UK. Not sure if we should just get an Uber? I really prefer to pre book and not leave anything to chance.

I live in Los Angeles. As JMARINER suggested, Uber would be fine. When we go to/from the airport we use a private company www.blackcarlimo.com if you want to book something in advance.

1 hour ago, JPR said:

Hospitals will have you towed if you’re parked in the visitors lot for several days.

And we have to pay for hospital parking in the UK! It’s more expensive than at the local shopping centre (mall)

2 hours ago, bissel said:

Any suggestions for getting to San Diego?

any thoughts about driving and parking somewhere for the duration of the cruise?

Thanks for your ideas!

Some hotels (Link) in the Long Beach/San Pedro area do "stay and park."  Book a one night stay and they will let you park for free. Free parking time varies by hotel and is usually negotiable.

J

That’s another option but I’m more keen on driving up myself or taking a car service round trip which may be rather expensive. We like the car service to and from LAX but I was thinking the cruise terminal drive is closer and maybe easier.

Since the cruise is another year away, I’ll decide closer to the time I suppose.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thank you so much Carol. I have been in touch with them and have prices. I just need to fill out the booking forms. Please can you tell me, do Regent embark/disembark from San Pedro terminal or Long Beach? I don’t want to book pick up from the wrong location 😘😘

10 hours ago, SallyRobert said:

Regent embark/disembark from San Pedro terminal or Long Beach? I don’t want to book pick up from the wrong location 😘😘

Regent uses the San Pedro terminal. Technically it is called " Los Angeles World Cruise Center ." 

The "Long Beach Cruise Terminal"  is exclusive to only Carnival Cruises. All other ships, including other Carnival owned brands like Princess and Holland, use LA.

J

10 hours ago, SallyRobert said:

Thank you so much Carol. I have been in touch with them and have prices. I just need to fill out the booking forms. Please can you tell me, do Regent embark/disembark from San Pedro terminal or Long Beach? I don’t want to book pick up from the wrong location 😘😘

Someone else already answered this.  Seems like it is San Pedro terminal. 

As you mentioned car service, we've been using Blacklane for awhile.  I'm sure it's just a booking service, but we've never had a problem---great cars and drivers, always text you with a number to reach the driver if needed (we've never had to reach them).  A little costly nut worth the money because they are always early waiting for you.  Billing is taken care of when booking, so you don't have to even sign when you arrive.  Also always water and mints in the car.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, bissel said:

Any suggestions for getting to San Diego?

any thoughts about driving and parking somewhere for the duration of the cruise?

Thanks for your ideas!

Are you asking about getting to San Diego from the L.A. port, or parking etc. while at the San Diego port?

Oh sorry I wasn’t very clear.

The four of us would be going from our house in San Diego to the cruise terminal for a ten day cruise. LA to LA. We are trying to figure out the best way to do this. There are several ways, complicated by my mobility difficulties.

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions. I much appreciate it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Disembarking in San Pedro, would we have any issues with a 12:00pm flight?  

thanks,

Marc

Assuming you have a domestic flight. You should be ok. It is about 30 minutes to LAX depending on traffic it could be up to an hour. But if you debark by 8:00am you should be fine.

J

5 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Disembarking in San Pedro, would we have any issues with a 12:00pm flight?  

thanks,

Marc

Marc, you are on the cusp with a Noon flight.

Can you please let us know what date you arrive?

As tot the time it takes to get to LAX it depends.  I've done it in 30 minutes, 45 minutes and 90 minutes.  The latter was due to a bad traffic jam.

And once in the airport it can take a long time just to get to the terminal. There continues to be a ton of construction in the airport.

Again would be nice to know what date you are talking about? Also do you have TSA Pre Approv?

Keith

Peggy, at least in Miami, it gave us black tags (called first); our suitcases were pulled aside with a sign with our name on it; and then a gal took the sign and walked us out (via customs) to our driver..  We were to the airport within a half hour of ship being cleared.

Marc