Disembarking in Los Angeles

SallyRobert

For those of you who are thinking about using Uber or Lyft at LAX they have implemented a new program.  I live in Los Angeles and many are complaining about it.  Uber or Lyft can no longer drop you off or pick you up at the terminal.  Read about it here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2019/11/06/lax-uber-lyft-rides-pickup-lax-it-los-angeles-airport/4174979002/

• Like 1

I live in Redondo Beach and arrived at the San Pedro terminal a few weeks ago.  We took Lyft to our house in South Redondo.  We have done it before and have never had a problem.  A few weeks ago we ordered a larger car because we had a lot of luggage. It took about thirty minutes from the terminal to our house in south Redondo Beach.  If you are going to north Redondo it will take a little longer.  The cost was $35 - $37 with tip.  When you come out of the terminal make sure that there is a landmark to tell the driver, like a entrance number.  

For those who are going to LAX.  There is no way that you can get to the airport in thirty minutes from San Pedro.  I would plan on at least an hour, maybe more. Even on good days it is not thirty minutes.  For those arriving at LAX.  It is a disaster now.  They recently moved the shared ride services and cabs away from the airport where you have to take a shuttle.  People are complaining of waits of one to two hours.  It would be best to get a private party or service to pick you up because they are allowed in the airport.  Drop offs at LAX are not effected.  

• Like 1

That was a few weeks ago. The new deal is no Lyft or Uber drivers can get in to LAX.  They have some kind of a parking area and you shuttle in.  Especially if you have mobility problems, I would use a limo.  That is the only way that is reliable.  At any rate the new system seems to be a nightmare in to LAX.  

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 1:38 PM, mrlevin said:

5 Oct 2020 (Monday), TSA Pre, International to Vancouver

I have priority disembarkation so will be off ship as soon as cleared with Regent transportation to airport.

Is 1200 still cutting it too close?

Let's start with the good news.  You will be the only ship in port.  This is good because when there are two and even worse three ships in port it is more likely for delays in disembarkation.

Also great you have TSA pre-check.

I still think you are on the cusp. Good chance you make the flight but some risk of not making the flight.  Challenges are it's a Monday, so the challenge is traffic and then the congestion within LAX airport.

If you don't like stress and prefer not to take risk I would recommend taking a later flight.  1:00 PM would be much safer.  I you don't mind stress, can move quickly if necessary and want to take some risk then you might do the noon flight.

In my case I can move quickly but don't like to deal with stress and take chances when we travel so I would find a later flight.

Some will say no problem.  Some will say the reverse.

Keith