Disney Wonder Measurement Between Couch and Desk

cwissta911

Hi there-

Does anyone know the width of the space between the couch and the edge of the desk when the table is moved in an Ocean View Veranda Room(Category 05A- deck 7) on the Disney Wonder? 

The reason I ask is I have an extra wide/long pack-n-play to accomodate my very tall 2 yr. old. She will not fit in a standard size pack-n-play, and she's too young to sleep on the couch. Her Pack-n-play is 40"wide and 54" long. I'm not sure if there is 40" of width in that space? The specific brand is a Romp and Roost playard.

I called Disney Cruise customer service, and they didnt have that info. When looking at pictures of the room, it looks like that space might be 36" wide, so I am concerned her pack-n-play wont fit.

Does anyone know the width of that space? Or- has anyone successfully used a Romp and Roost playard in the same room? 

Thanks for your comments. 

Screenshot_20191019-152457.png

14 minutes ago, cwissta911 said:

Hi there-

Does anyone know the width of the space between the couch and the edge of the desk when the table is moved in an Ocean View Veranda Room(Category 05A- deck 7) on the Disney Wonder? 

The reason I ask is I have an extra wide/long pack-n-play to accomodate my very tall 2 yr. old. She will not fit in a standard size pack-n-play, and she's too young to sleep on the couch. Her Pack-n-play is 40"wide and 54" long. I'm not sure if there is 40" of width in that space? The specific brand is a Romp and Roost playard.

I called Disney Cruise customer service, and they didnt have that info. When looking at pictures of the room, it looks like that space might be 36" wide, so I am concerned her pack-n-play wont fit.

Does anyone know the width of that space? Or- has anyone successfully used a Romp and Roost playard in the same room? 

Thanks for your comments. 

I can't really help with actual measurements, but I'd say, if it did fit, there's no way you could get into that area at all.

Just a question for you - you are aware that DCL will provide rails for the sofa bed?  Two different types have been available in the past:

DSC08576.JPG

7316.jpg

Edited by Shmoo here

Thanks for the suggestion Shmoo. My hesitation is that my 2 year old won't stay in bed. She has always slept in a crib, and I dont know that I want to transition her to a bed on a vacation. If we are in the room, even if separated by a curtain, she won't stay in her bed and will want to be with us. Thank you for the thought!

40 minutes ago, cwissta911 said:

Thanks for the suggestion Shmoo. My hesitation is that my 2 year old won't stay in bed. She has always slept in a crib, and I dont know that I want to transition her to a bed on a vacation. If we are in the room, even if separated by a curtain, she won't stay in her bed and will want to be with us. Thank you for the thought!

Fair enough.

We've traveled with our kids since they were about 6 months old.  We found that how things are done on vacations often doesn't relate to how things are done once back home.

I don't have the answer--just want to point out another alternative.  When my daughter switched from the crib to a twin bed, we got a pair of inflatable bed rails.  They are like long bolster pillows that you put under the fitted sheet.  They stay in place and keep the child from rolling out, and since they are inflatable they are very convenient for travel.  Ours were from the One Step Ahead catalog, which is no more, but there might be others available online.

Or, in the alternative, you could look for the Roll Calls for upcoming Wonder sailings and post a request for someone to measure?

Good luck!

• Thanks 1